• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ZZR1200

silver wolf

even though I'm not going to register it & put the plate on until the end of March or the middle of April I put a deposit on a dark blue 03 today with less than 5000 miles of her & what a beautiful machine & I can't wait until spring to put a few thousand miles on it. :) I was looking for something different from the C10 that was a little lighter & faster & I guess I found it. Hey John I still might get a KLR650, but not sure yet as this might be more fun :eg: ----------------------------- Easy Does It, But Do It & May U Always Keep The Rubber Side Down

Carl, thats great glad to hear your going to be able to get back to riding. :) CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

I've had both the zzr1200 and the klr650. The klr is the more "fun" bike. The zzr is totally impressive in it's speed and handling. Very close to the c-14 in those areas. A total "bang for the buck" ride. I opted to sell the one I had 'cus my knee couldn't take the riding position. But WOW, nice bike. the klr is such an easy bike to ride, no speed, can't get into trouble unless you burn corners wrecklessly. I ride the klr everyday running errands, my c-10 only comes out now for "special occasions". Good luck with the new bike, and be careful, it's FAST! Steve Shleper of the 7th gear unit and performance exhaust cam sprockets. My bike - "SHOODABEN" - 1109cc's of what an 04 concours "shoodaben"!

Carl, hope to see you at one of the rallies with the new bike. Great choice! Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z

Hey I just showed Carol this posting and she needs to have a 'chat' with you. After taking her shopping for bikes with you up in Maine you promised her a ride on your new Harley. :eg: Glad to hear you found something to replace the Connie,ENJOY

Kawi screwed up. The ZZR1200 shoulda come with 2 mo things... 1 - a git outta jail free card 2 - a chiropractor, to fix yer sore back & hep wipe the silly grin offa yer face after the ride :) 01 Conc, Mijami Floriduh OTP 06: http://tinyurl.com/2vk9o2 route map: http://tinyurl.com/4p7pmd
yzdfi9.jpg
yzdfib.jpg
yzdfia.jpg
y6x7zt.jpg

Kawi screwed up. The ZZR1200 shoulda come with 2 mo things... 2 - a chiropractor, to fix yer sore back & hep wipe the silly grin offa yer face after the ride :)
I disagree, I think you've EARNED both that sore back and that grin. Nobody should take it away, least of all Big K!

Steve in FL - I had a 06 Lime Green KLR650 until it got totaled last year when I got broadsided & yes it was a great bike & very fun in the twistes!!! Steve in NY - I'm taking a gamble that the leg will be healed by spring & I'm having surgery on my right arm 12/6 & leg is still not there yet & why I'm not putting plates on the bike until mid April. Rev - the full face helmet U painted for me will go good with the ZZR1200 & if I find the bike a little slow I'll be coming to TX to heat her up as long as U give me a couch to sleep on while U R working on her. Hey Bob tell Carol I had to be true to myself & I know I would not have been happy with a HD & I'll give her a ride on the ZZR1200 as long as she doesn't scream ;) Paulie & Rev - I know I take flack for this, but (1) I already have a chiropractor to fix my back if I need it, but I'm buying a Corbin Seat & it'll take awhile to get the grin off my face after each & every ride I'm sure. (2) as far as needing a get outta jail free card or two all I have to say to that is they will have to be able to catch me 1st :eg: no no I've already been told I have to learn throttle control & there is 2 positions full open & stop right??? ;) ----------------------------- Easy Does It, But Do It & May U Always Keep The Rubber Side Down

well I came to my senses & I'm not getting the ZZR1200 as I don't need a bike that I know is going to get me into trouble with the LEO's & I found a dealer that was willing to take my Quad in trade today. between the 02-C10 & the 06-KLR650 that I had I miss my 06-KLR650 the most & I'm picking up my new 2009 Oriental Blue KLR650 this week!!! if anyone that has an 87 to 07 KLR650 & wants a brand new IMS Lime Green 6.6gal fuel tank mine is 4-sale as it will not fit the 09. asking $215 & that includes S&H to the lower 48 only. email me for pics & paypal info. I have a 05 C10 stock seat that has the seat brackets on it also & I'm asking $150 for it. ----------------------------- Easy Does It, But Do It & May U Always Keep The Rubber Side Down

Carl, you might have better luck posting in the Emporium forum section and also the Classifieds off the main menu. Enjoy the KLR! Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z

well I picked up my new KLR650 today & I rode it up & down the storage area road for a little while to get used to it since I've only ridden a M/C once since my accident last year & until I started to freeze as it was a little cold this afternoon. I forgot how much fun the KLR650 was & the 09 is a bit quicker than the 06 I had!!! ----------------------------- Easy Does It, But Do It & May U Always Keep The Rubber Side Down

I REALLY want one of them. It's next on my list. They've made some updates on it, though I've never ridden one of the older ones so I wouldn't know them if they bit me. Reviewers are raving about it though. I shall begin envying you immediately.

Brett - let me tell U that U will not be unhappy with a KLR650 of any year, but it is a bit high with a 35" seat hight & they do make dog bone kits to lower it for those with a shorter inseam as at 32" I can just touch flat foot with my boots on & it helps that my weight pushes the rear shock toward the ground real easy, so I can touch flat foot!!! when I saw the ZZR1200 the little krazy 19 year old kid in me took over & I put a deposit on it right away, but some friends made me realize (A) I would either kill myself on it or (B) I'd get a speeding ticket were I'd loose my license for sure & would be spending at least one day in jail for it & I don't need either (A) or (B) at my age. I am glad I got the 09 KLR650 as out of the 2 bikes that I used to have a 02 C10 & 06 KLR650 I enjoyed my 06 the most!!! the reason I sold the 02 C10 this spring was the weight was becoming a problem for me physically & the more I researched the ZZR1200 the weight would have been a promlem for me also, so I think I made the right choice in getting the KLR instead of the ZZR. the 1st things that I noticed about the 09 KLR650 was how easy it was for me to ride a M/C again as I was a bit nervous the few times that I rode it up & down the long road to the storage area which I never went out onto the main roads with it yet. things that I noticed the 09 had over how my 06 used to be was the throttle response was quicker out of the hole & reaching highway speed was a snap, the exhaust sounded quiter I think, the wind protection was way better & at 65mph it was way more stable than my 06 ever felt even though I had a fork brace, fender brace, & the Progressive front springs on my 06 as I really didn't like riding my 06 above 60mph, so I always took back roads to get place. with the 09 I might be doing more highway now than I did with the 06 NO NOT HAPPENING as the KLR650 is a get to where U R going by as many back roads or dirt roads as U can, am I right KLR650 owners as I could run any of the twisties in my area way faster on the KLR than I ever could on my C10!!! today I'm going to put my heated gear plug on the 09 as they say it can handle more FARKLES that draw electric power from the bike, so I can go for a longer ride tomorrow without freezing as anything below 60 is freezing to me. it will be my 1st long ride on a M/C since my accident last year & I'm nervous & excited at the same time about riding again, so say a little prayer for me!!!. it's going to be in the mid 40's, so I will need all my heated gear on to ride & test out the 09 & I will write a ride report later this week or tomorrow night at the earliest for U all & the new 4" higher windscreen & tank bag is on order. ----------------------------- Easy Does It, But Do It & May U Always Keep The Rubber Side Down

I am sure glad there is no hijackin' of this KLR650 thread by folks talking about ZZR1200. I can't even say them both in the same sentence since they are so different. I've had a 1200 for about 18 months and believe it's the second best motorcycle I've ever ridden. The ZX14 is the first. I bought mine used with 6k miles on it and now it has 17+ on it. As for sore back, I've done two Saddlesore 1000 rides on it with no issues, both with lots of rain in the dark. It does have the drawback mentioned - needing a get out of jail free card. I sold my C10 and bought it a few weeks later... then it hit me what I had done: Solved the buzz in the bars Upgraded to 17" wheels Upgraded to better brakes Gotten a 610watt alternator and 2 100w headlights Upgraded suspension front and rear And gotten one of the best SPORT touring bikes on the market. The horsepower is unreal, but you will want to shim the needles and set your idle screws around 2.5 turns out. PM me or email me and I can send you a link that explains how to do all this stuff. There is a ZZR site but those people are crazy. Really. They are having a rally this fall about the same time as our WRRR in SECOG and I'm going a day early to hang with them and get the t-shirt. They are good at partying! David David in Jax COG# 7898 NE FL AAD & COG Vendor www.dreamjobresumes.com preparing resumes for COG members and friends I ride a KAWASAKI ZZR1200 - Euro http://www.motorbikestoday.com/reviews/Articles/ZZR1200.htm US http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/2002_kawasaki_zzr1200/index.html

David since I was the one who started this post U'll C the reason I'm talking about the new 09 KLR-650 is I brought one instead of buying the used 03 ZZR-1200 as I felt the dealer wasn't given me a good enough deal on it & after doing some research on it on the internet it wasn't what I wanted, so I got my deposit back & he's still sitting on it 2day... I got the 09 KLR-650 instead due to having well over $2000 in accessories for it sitting in my basement due to them never being put on my totaled 06 KLR-650 in which only a couple of them wouldn't fit the 09 & some I modified to make them fit...besides I now also own a 09 Triumph Sprint ST & I think I made a very good choice in not buying the 03 ZZR-1200... ----------------------------- Easy Does It, But Do It 09 Triumph Sprint ST aka Black Phantom 09 KLR650 aka Animal 2

Whatever makes you the happiest no doubt! Dealers have a problem with selling ZZR1200's - they know what they are worth! Used is another story, as a BMW friend is looking for one now and we are seeing several in the 4500 - 5300 range in excellent shape. I would like to try a new KLR to see what it's all about but would probably still want a twin. David in Jax COG# 7898 NE FL AAD & COG Vendor www.dreamjobresumes.com preparing resumes for COG members and friends I ride a KAWASAKI ZZR1200 - Euro http://www.motorbikestoday.com/reviews/Articles/ZZR1200.htm US http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/2002_kawasaki_zzr1200/index.html

David - I think if U want a twin instead of the single thumper like the KLR-650 & U don't plan on going off road even though U can then I'd look at the new Kawasaki Versys 650 as in hind sight I should've got one & just sold all my KLR-650 parts that I had...I've always been a in-line 4 guy & I have always liked runnin above the 100mph zone, so I was never into V-Twins, but I guess I could learn to enjoy them also as I'm LOVING my new in-line 3 Triumph Sprint ST as it's AWESOME!!! ----------------------------- Easy Does It, But Do It 09 Triumph Sprint ST aka The Phantom 09 KLR650 aka Animal II

I just came home from Roebling Road (www.roeblingroad.com) race track near Savannah. The BMW groups were putting together a track day and the track is NICE to ride and also can be very FAST. Doug Re' and I went there and these guys, for the most part, were fairly serious track types with dedicated bikes. Riding heavier, slower bikes like the ZZR, I had fun and learned a lot. Doug, on the other hand, showed what the big bike can do and was one of the faster guys on the track. Nate Kern, BMW of Atlanta racer on an HP2, had the new 1000cc 4-cyl BMW and was taking it down the 3100-foot straight at 162mph (clocked on their radar gun). It was a really safe, fun, educational time. The first day, 3 bikes went down, 2 GSXR's and one 1200RS but nobody was hurt. The 1200RS was damaged too much to return but the others were able to ride after cleanup from the water and mud and tech inspection. WooHoo! David in Jax COG# 7898 NE FL AAD & COG Vendor www.dreamjobresumes.com preparing resumes for COG members and friends I ride a KAWASAKI ZZR1200 - Euro http://www.motorbikestoday.com/reviews/Articles/ZZR1200.htm US http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/2002_kawasaki_zzr1200/index.html