• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C10 Tip Over Bars Removal

bzim7506532

Anyone got any tips, or even better, photos or videos on getting the Rivco tip over bars off? I can't seem to get and the bolts.

Thanks

I took a combination wrench of the size fit the bike, ground the box end to about 2/3 original thickness. Then I heated the neck area and bent it to a steeper angle. This greatly helped get access to the bolts.
I would also put painters tape on yhe fairing to prevent scratches from the wrench.

Not sure if my 05 has the same tip over bars as yours, but I am able to get a wrench in from the back side of the fairing and disconnect the "U" part from the mount brackets. I have just left them on and pulled the mid fairing out depending on how much access I needed.

A ratcheting flex-head box wrench is handy for this kind of thing too. I especially like the style with a locking flex head so you can set the angle you want and keep it from flopping around.

I use a flex head ratcheting wrench . loosen both bolts a bit at a time and pull the bar out gradually till the bolts are out . Then kind of work the fairing out with the brackets attached . Painters tape is a great idea as its hard to do without scratching the fairings .
Note:
I keep one of those wrenches in the tool bag on the bike in case it's needed on the road .

Attachments

• 20240419_140809_HDR.jpg
    20240419_140809_HDR.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240419_140736_HDR.jpg
    20240419_140736_HDR.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Bud