• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C14 Custom Seat - Seth Laam

BruteForece

Wanted to post my experience with the process of getting my custom Seth Laam seat for my C14.

I have tried stock, Corbin, Saddlemen and Sargent seats. For short distances I like the Sargent. The Saddlemen was comfortable but the seating postion was just off for me.

My change requests were as follows:

Have both rider and passenger seating areas redone.
Add ½” height. I have a 35" inseam.
Move seating location forward just a smidge. I believe it was somewhere between 1/4"-1/2".
Eliminate forward sliding/tilt for both rider and passenger.
Done with Carbon Fiber inserts in the seating area, smooth black sides, black and graphite top stitching. Nothing to fancy.

November 22nd, 2023 - Submitted the online order form.

November 24th, 2023 - Laam called to schedule a production date, February 7th, 2024.

January 29th - Shipped seat to Laam.

February 7th came and went, figured I would wait a week or two before calling.

Thursday February 29th - Contacted Laam to see where he was at schedule wise on my seat. He said that he was finishing up some other seats and would be starting on mine that weekend and would give me a call over the weekend to discuss the design I wanted.

The weekend came and went.

Thursday March 7th - I got the call. Had a 25 minute conversation on my needs. Laam said that he would be starting on it that day and would either get it shipped Friday March 8th or Monday March 11th.

Sunday March 10th - Received UPS shipping notification that the shipping label for the seat was created. Now I was getting excited.

Monday March 11th – I called Laam to discuss payment. He said that he is finishing up the seat and would send pictures once completed and payment details.

Tuesday March 12th – Received an email with pictures of the seat. The seat looked great!

Wednesday March 13th – Received UPS update that seat was on its way! But not due to be delivered until Monday March 19th. ☹ It’s going to be a long rest of the week and weekend for sure… Received a call from Laam for payment. $725 + Shipping and Taxes.

Tuesday March 19th – Seat was delivered.

Overall first impression, seat looks and feels great! Took it out for its maiden voyage of a 100 miles or so, my backside stayed put and was nice and comfy the entire time. Can still nearly flat foot both feet with the additional seat height.
Yes, it is expension, but for me it is definately worth it in the end.

It is unfortunate that some members here have had a bad experience with Laam. I will say that based on my own experince, patience was required, especially when dates came and went. He does seem to be a very busy guy. Thankfully I was not in a rush and when he did get to my seat, he made it just how I wanted and needed.

Attachments

• 01_seat.jpg
    01_seat.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 03_seat.jpg
    03_seat.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Seth Laam Seat 01.jpg
    Seth Laam Seat 01.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Seth Laam Seat 02.jpg
    Seth Laam Seat 02.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 22
3RDLAAM2.jpg3RDLAAM3.jpg
3rd laam with textured surface and green thread.
laam2.jpg
2nd laam with carbon fibre top cover....a little slick after 75K miles
20141020_104849.jpeg
Lost my first Laam.....taken away before I work up from the Coma. .....3 Stockers and a Baldwin in the mix.

Laams were all well worth the money and the wait. That first one was just awesome but he changed the design in later iterations. I think you are gonna like it over the long haul . 78K, 75K and 30K on those seats.

Wanted to post my experience with the process of getting my custom Seth Laam seat for my C14.

I have tried stock, Corbin, Saddlemen and Sargent seats. For short distances I like the Sargent. The Saddlemen was comfortable but the seating postion was just off for me.

My change requests were as follows:

Have both rider and passenger seating areas redone.
Add ½” height. I have a 35" inseam.
Move seating location forward just a smidge. I believe it was somewhere between 1/4"-1/2".
Eliminate forward sliding/tilt for both rider and passenger.
Done with Carbon Fiber inserts in the seating area, smooth black sides, black and graphite top stitching. Nothing to fancy.

November 22nd, 2023 - Submitted the online order form.

November 24th, 2023 - Laam called to schedule a production date, February 7th, 2024.

January 29th - Shipped seat to Laam.

February 7th came and went, figured I would wait a week or two before calling.

Thursday February 29th - Contacted Laam to see where he was at schedule wise on my seat. He said that he was finishing up some other seats and would be starting on mine that weekend and would give me a call over the weekend to discuss the design I wanted.

The weekend came and went.

Thursday March 7th - I got the call. Had a 25 minute conversation on my needs. Laam said that he would be starting on it that day and would either get it shipped Friday March 8th or Monday March 11th.

Sunday March 10th - Received UPS shipping notification that the shipping label for the seat was created. Now I was getting excited.

Monday March 11th – I called Laam to discuss payment. He said that he is finishing up the seat and would send pictures once completed and payment details.

Tuesday March 12th – Received an email with pictures of the seat. The seat looked great!

Wednesday March 13th – Received UPS update that seat was on its way! But not due to be delivered until Monday March 19th. ☹ It’s going to be a long rest of the week and weekend for sure… Received a call from Laam for payment. $725 + Shipping and Taxes.

Tuesday March 19th – Seat was delivered.

Overall first impression, seat looks and feels great! Took it out for its maiden voyage of a 100 miles or so, my backside stayed put and was nice and comfy the entire time. Can still nearly flat foot both feet with the additional seat height.
Yes, it is expension, but for me it is definately worth it in the end.

It is unfortunate that some members here have had a bad experience with Laam. I will say that based on my own experince, patience was required, especially when dates came and went. He does seem to be a very busy guy. Thankfully I was not in a rush and when he did get to my seat, he made it just how I wanted and needed.
Looks and sounds to me like it was worth the cost and the wait. Well done!

I'm glad it worked out for you, he must have been having a good day to give you a good results. Would you say over 4 years is enough patience to wait for a seat from him? I shipped mine in March of 2020.

I was trying to decide between RDL and Laam. RDL was a little higher cost and then I saw freebird6's post for his Laam seat, I went that route.

I am seriously considering sending in my Honda Blackbird seat next winter to get the works done on it.

I'm glad it worked out for you, he must have been having a good day to give you a good results. Would you say over 4 years is enough patience to wait for a seat from him? I shipped mine in March of 2020.
Are you serious? 4 years? There has to be more to the story....

Oh, yes, there is, PM sent. Anybody else want to hear, and this is where I do my best Paul Harvey voice, "The Rest Of The Story?" You may want to read if you are thinking of trying to do business with him.

Oh, yes, there is, PM sent. Anybody else want to hear, and this is where I do my best Paul Harvey voice, "The Rest Of The Story?" You may want to read if you are thinking of trying to do business with him.
I probably have heard it already but as you know I'm old so play it again!