• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Corbin Seat Reupholstered!

CoachTony

My Corbin was like riding on a buckboard, so I found a local guy to reupholster it!
I wasn't planning on going with snake skin (imitation), but after sitting on his bike and feeling how it has some grip, I decided to go that way so it would less slippery!
Kawasaki green thread, albeit a little lighter than I thought, is used for the stitching.

Attachments

• signal-2024-04-25-163207.jpeg
    signal-2024-04-25-163207.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 24
  • signal-2024-04-25-163210.jpeg
    signal-2024-04-25-163210.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 24
I just got back from a short ride. It is much more comfy. Not as plush as my RDL seat, but my RDL is very high, catch a lot of wind and can't reach the ground nearly as well. The newly covered Corbin is much softer, spreading my weight more across my butt cheeks rather than straight on my sit bones. The python has a little grip to it, so I am no sliding around at all! The problem with the Corbin, according to my seat guy, is that they are made of leather, and over time the leather shrinks a little combined with getting hard, makes it lose any cushion that the foam has. It basically get stretched like a drum, and get's hard. Mine also was slightly tipped forward, combined with the slick leather, caused me to slide forward a lot. Now it is neutral and the python keeps me in place.

Reactions: Bud
Rode Mt Lemmon this morning with a group of much faster bikes than mine, and I have to say, I LOVE THE SEAT! The Python seating area gives me a nice little grip that allows me to move to right where I want to be, and not slide around! The extra cushion from the gel foam is much appreciated, and overall after 3 hours in the seat, I was itching for more. I am happy as a clam! I will never own a bike with a slippery seat again!