• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Curves to the Coast '24 - 07/13/2024

fastenova

This year's event will be on Saturday, July 13th.

We're going to mix things up a little bit for this year's event but keep the same overall idea... Informal breakfast meeting, followed by a quick riders' brief ahead of the 8:30 KSU time. We will have a ~250 mile day, with lots of scenic twisty roads, a longer ferry ride across the mighty Columbia river, tasty group lunch, a jaunt across a four-mile bridge dodging seagulls the whole way, and some more amazing roads along with an optional short walk to a hidden waterfall.

We'll start from a different location than past year, and once we get that sorted I will list a couple of hotels nearby for those staying overnight. I may offer a casual re-run of last year's route on Sunday if there's enough interest in that...

Looking forward to it!
Aaron

I'd like to attend if I can get my '86 running and with new hoops on it before then. It's being given to me and I haven't even seen it yet. It's supposed to need some minor work, which, unless its not really minor, I can do myself. I haven't been on a bike in over 20 years, but I've had my endorsement since '89.

Anyway, I'll be working on it and hoping to attend. Looks like a great route.

I'm in. We've made 2 runs out to the new place in Westport already. My wife is now out there permanently, while I'm back in Kansas for about 5 more weeks. I'll be in Oregon permanently around the end of May.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Thanks for everyone's patience, I just submitted the event. Glad to see some new folks planning on joining us, and I hope that all of you who made it last year can come again!

In proper CttC fasion, the ferry I hope to take across the Columbia River is currently closed for maintenance, but I'm hoping it'll be open by mid-July for our ride. If not, I've got an alternate route planned, and the GPX files that will eventually find their way to the event page will have BOTH routes.

I am going to commit to offering a re-run of last year's route on Sunday for those interested as well, so if you're coming from further away, you'll have two full days of exploring some excellent, scenic routes between the Willamette Valley and the Oregon Coast. If you're planning on riding Sunday as well, please let me know here so I have a rough headcount.

Aaron

I've got it penciled in. Will know whether I can attend as the calendar gets closer. Last year's ride was amazing. Aaron really plans and tests his rides, which makes for a more enjoyable experience for all.
If I'm able to make it and if the ferry is running, I owe someone (Brian???) the ferry toll for this year.