• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hybrid Concours?

When he talked about the market in the US, it sounded like it would be ok around town in congested area's but not in larger area's.
ie; Sounds like the range is limited. {??}

Ride safe, Ted

To improve range...
Get a small honda generator and bungee it to the pillon seat.

Something like this

Nick
2014 C-14

Don't want to get into an efficiency/electric/hybrid discussion.
I know nothing about a hybrid and have a range related question.

To ask my question, I have to make this idea work for a Sport /Tourer like a Connie.
Soooo,,,, I'm making up numbers, and I'm adding in an option that allows you to cruise on "gas power" only. **
You'll see why later.

** Let's assume that they built a 700 cc hybrid Concours.
The gas engine would produce enough gas power for cruising and with the addition of electric boost you would (instantly) have ample power for passing/playing.
So (using my example) you could get fuel economy from the smaller size and have power (from the battery/elec. motor) when you wanted it.

My question;
Wondering if (you could elect to cruise on motor) and charge the battery slowly without using excessive amounts of gas?
Does a Hybrid do this?

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
No,regarfing batteries and capscities, there are two types of hybrids:
1- hybrid
2- plug-in hybrids

We had a Prius that was not a plug-in hybrid. Range on batteries was about 2 miles if I drove carefully, and below (I think) 30 MPH.
The plug-in hybrid version has a battery range of (I think) 40 miles or so.
Both have ability to travel very long distances; ours had a range of ~450 miles on one tank.
Already a long response, but you are correct that a 700cc could be supplemented by the electric motor, but there are other, better ways to improve. MPG and reduce emissions while maintaining acceleration.