• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

L/F Storz risers C10

I have 2 C10's - one with Storz and another with an unknown adaptor. They are a must for me.

Did a quick look:

Storz still lists a kit that includes handlebars with the adapter according to this:

https://www.storzperf.com/catalog/page23.html

Hopefully that is current. Perhaps they would sell the adapter only?

They also reference the C10 in their pricelist.pdf

https://www.storzperf.com/pricelist.pdf

Search the PDF for 'Concours' if you don't spot it right away.

I saw that last night ,but I was wondering if Storz was still in business as I couldnt find anything later than that for a catalog. And I wondered if thet survived post covid.

FWIW.....had tried to get a Storz adapter by ordering from their site earlier this year. Had a reply after a day or so saying they no longer made that adapter. So my guess is NLA.

Would be relatively EZ to make something that would work fine.
Just need some aluminum plate.
Cut the plate to the shape of the Storz adapter base, and bolt these on.

1698349157664.png

Or you could buy one of these;

Drill 2 holes in it and install these.

Ride safe, Ted

If you decide to modify a triple tree with riser clamps, be sure to measure combined fork tube and damper adjustment height as well as dimensions for the clamps you want to buy, so the bottom of whatever 7/8 in. handlebar you use, won't interfere with the top of the fork tubes or the damper adjuster.

The fork tubes protrude about 19mm - 20mm (~3/4in.) above the top plane of the upper triple tree once the OEM clip-ons are removed. There is an additional height for damper adjusters which will vary depending on how they are adjusted, protruding above the top of the fork tubes to account for too.

If you look at the Storz photos above, you can see how it sets the 7/8 bars back to resolve that.

Last edited:
Im trying to get everything in place sadly across fall and winter for the spring. I dont have a heated garage and sadly as of this point Im losing a couple of weeks from a health issue that popped up a couple of days ago. So Im stocking my projects up on the shelf for spring. I try to plan ahead so I can just jump into them. The question now id will I be able to use stock clutch and brake lines with the handlebars or will I need extensions or longer lines?

Using Helibars, original style, no new cables were needed and the Helibars are as tall as tubular bars suitable for the Connie. Only one change had to be done. While the throttle is off for the bar swap, just run the throttle cables to the right side of the steering head. IIRC the factory runs them on the left side. This gives just enough more length. You can pull the brake lines up just a little from the bottom to give a little more wiggle room. Clutch and enricher cables are fine as they are. I am thinking the width of the tubular bars, tip to tip, and Helibars are comparable so this hopefully isn't an issue. HTH !

Ferabern sent me photo's of his.
He came at it from another viewpoint built something that is taller than just changing to the Superbike Bars.

1698444986209.png
1698445071632.png

If your changing bars it's probably a good time to go to a two line front brake. Then you can dial in the length of lines to be a good fit.

Feraberns got an interesting setup and a beautiful Connie. I was thinking of going to new lines with the new bars and just getting it all done at once. Ive got all winter to acrue what I need for the spring. What I wouldnt give for an attached heated garage.

I've raised, extended and even lowered the bars on my C-10 and my C-14.
I've never had to lengthen the lines in order to do that.
Just had to change the hose routing slightly.

Just to be different;
While looking for your adapter, I came across/purchased some different/lower bars for my C-10.
I've been wanting to install early/86 model C-10 bars (for playing in the Twisties) as their lower than the later models.
Unfortunately: Their mostly unobtainable, in poor shape, or too expensive.

Yesterday I found/bought a set from an 87 ZX-1000 to try.
I think that they may be even lower than the 86 Connie Bars. :eek:
Guess I'll give them a try and see what happens. šŸ«£

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited: