• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Motorcycle training at the 2020 Nationals

Any interest in motor cycle skills?

• Yes

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • no

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Tim R

WE have a Motorcycle instructor here in the NW. Team Oregon has offered to put on some classes for in Portland.

I want to see if there would be any interest. 

On the 15th there is a cornering class available on the15th. Fee would be $79.00 if we can get 18 to sign up. I understand this class will get you leaned over further than you thought at a slow speed. This will take most of the say in Portland at Team Oregon's training facility.  MAX of 18 riders

I understand there may be some apprehension about signing up or showing interest for the cornering class because of the fear of dropping your bike. Rufus said he knew of one guy who was showing off, over his head and went off course. Rufus said this course was more fun than a guy should have. He has done this course 3 times on C10's and a FJR.  It won't be long before we loose the opportunity so consider this training offer. Thanks.

Rufus also he never felt the need to drop his bike. And like most of us he is getting older and weaker. 

I tried to vote yes but not sure if it worked??? I didn't look to see how many people had voted and when I hit the yes it it highlighted it with copy...

Thanks Harry, I'm sure Ted will appreciate it. Then...I don't care how good of rider is in the corners. Every class I've ever taken, I learn something new and feel good about taking the class.

I hope there is more to come. I'm working on a street riders track day with lessons. Gear required, street gear. Or how about a suspension seminar with sag and wag measured? I'm trying to talk him into also doing adjustments. Could be a fee haven't got that far yet.

If you are thinking well I'll just wait till I get there for the cornering class isn't going to work. If I can can get enough committed, they will dump another scheduled class just for us. It's like the 2013 rally at Idaho Falls. If you wanted to on the river rafting trip there was a commitment prior to. 

We Need 18 confirmed riders to have team Oregon cancel a schooled class and let us have a it. WE need to do this BEFORE so I have for Training  At the Nations on the North West Nationals training thread. I got 8 and need some signs up for the other scheduled class on June 15th. I know some will want to sign up once at the rally but I still need  a minimum 18 who a least interested.  Taking the poll will not make you go, I just need the interest at this tome. The cornering class will teach the art of cornering at a low speed with little chance of dropping your bike. The more who attend the cheaper for the individual. Tim

Not sure about that. But I know of another who wanted to change to a yes so I can add 2 more to yes. Thank you.

Ok Boys and girls we only need another 5 yes. Please if you even think you might want to do it please vote. Time is growing closer where I get to ask for payment and firm it up. Or saying never mind. Waiting for the last minute might not make it. Team Oregon has another scheduled class they will dump and replace us with until someone sings up for their scheduled class.  So Please this will help you and me become better riders.

It appears we may have enough interest to do the next step. (there are a few who didn't do the poll and told me they were intersected.  So I will get things set up. I did have a hell of a scare being diagnosed with colon cancer. It hasn't spread so I should be up and running well before the Nationals if they can get me into the University of Washington in a timely manner.   

Wow, that's horrible Tim. Good to hear they caught it early -- hope you have a quick and easy resolution.

Thanks for setting up the training. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help so you can focus on your recovery.

Totally totally off topic but Thanks for the support. The corona virus has turned things up side down at this time. I was supposed to meet the surgeon at the end of the month but that is probably not going to happen. This throws me off, don't know if I will even be able to attend any thing this year.  I might be able to do the Bun Cooler but the Nationals is on hold. On the up side it's slow growing and I must be a low priority.  On word on Chemo or any of that stuff either. I have lost about 30 lbs according to my scale but feel great. A good #2 is a blessing.  I never would have thought that before.

so I still have the 09 to get ready for the season. I need to replace float bowl gaskets on the 900. What a pain that is.  Tim