• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Non-stock seat

dbonevt8498

Anybody in the South Central region, preferably close to the DFW area, have an aftermarket seat they love? I have a 2022, but I'll sample anything. Me and the stock seat aren't going to get along on long rides, so I want to replace it. But it's hard to justify shelling out $$$$ for a seat I've never had a chance to sit on and can't return.

Thanks!

Dave

Anybody in the South Central region, preferably close to the DFW area, have an aftermarket seat they love? I have a 2022, but I'll sample anything. Me and the stock seat aren't going to get along on long rides, so I want to replace it. But it's hard to justify shelling out $$$$ for a seat I've never had a chance to sit on and can't return.

Thanks!

Dave
Dave
I've got a good friend that has a 2 piece Corbin seat in Irving that he's willing to let you try. Here is his email. dancooper305@live.com

Robert

Come up to Arkansas the end of April for Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous & there will be a variety of seats here, I'm sure some (all) won't mind letting you try them out. Can defiantly try my Russell Day Long all you want as I'll be too busy to ride.

And if you come up there to Arkansas I'll let you try a Baldwin. Although I'm not so sure that you can find one these days but give you some ideas. Anyway you'll meet some great people. And probably Ted too.

I'm sorry. Wrong giant. I make a lot of mistakes due to motorcycle induced drain brammage. Again my apologies.

Hey Dave. Casey here. I'm in Conroe, maybe we could meet up in Centerville or somewhere else in the middle. I have a heated Corbin I'm trying to sell or trade for an OEM, as my butt isn't big enough for it, and I don't need a heated seat down here around Houston anyway. Lemme know if ya wanna meet up and set on it.

KC, I'm here in Cut and Shoot.
I have a stock seat for a C-14 and a ZX-14 you can try out.
And; if you'll help me insult Robert/Cliff/(multiple others),,,, I'll let ya set on my Baldwin.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Would you be interested in selling the stock seat? I like this Corbin but it was made for someone with longer arms and a bigger butt than mine. As fer insults,, I like to meet my insultees first so I can be sure it's personal LoL.

Sure, I'll sale, but thought you'd like to see it/set on them (3) first.

Guess I agree with ya about meeting the insultee's first, but (in Robert's case) ya can take my word for it.

Ride safe, Ted

Sorry I'm a little late to the party here. Sounds like you 2 have it all worked out, but if it falls through, I'd be willing to sell my stock seat as well.

Dave

On my 04 1000 Connie I murderfied the stock seat just a tad and it was great fer me and the first lady. So I'd like to see what it would be like as I bought this 2012 1400 online from just pics and descriptions. The rest of the bike is tits. The Corbin would be great fer someone a bit taller and bigger behinded than me.