• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pirelli Diablo Rosso

redline

has anybody else tried the diablo rosso?
I just had a fresh set put on and went to the big bend ride. totalled 1400 miles this weekend on these tires and have to say I am impressed in the way they perform and handle especially in the corners.
Not have had another tire that handle like these.

Nice to know that sport bike tire runs well on C14. Guessing you running those at higher pressures(*) since sbt's (that I've seen) have softer sidewalls to match bikes weighing 200 lbs less than C14. Maybe post up again along about 3000 miles, or sooner, and tell us how they're working out...

(*) At one COG Bun Cooler meet I met a C14 rider who had needed to mount a front tire the prior day at a random city's bike shop; only had sport bike tires in stock in the size. Rider was unhappy about handling; his front tire measured 36 lbs, which was what the bike shop inflated it to. I had him pump the front up to 44 lbs there in the parking lot (vs 42 sidewall max stamp), and he was happy after the next day's ride.

Cecil

Nice to know that sport bike tire runs well on C14. Guessing you running those at higher pressures(*) since sbt's (that I've seen) have softer sidewalls to match bikes weighing 200 lbs less than C14. Maybe post up again along about 3000 miles, or sooner, and tell us how they're working out...

(*) At one COG Bun Cooler meet I met a C14 rider who had needed to mount a front tire the prior day at a random city's bike shop; only had sport bike tires in stock in the size. Rider was unhappy about handling; his front tire measured 36 lbs, which was what the bike shop inflated it to. I had him pump the front up to 44 lbs there in the parking lot (vs 42 sidewall max stamp), and he was happy after the next day's ride.

Cecil

Cecil
not sure why he would have had issues with that. i run mine , big bend ride last weekend, at 37 psi because there was a lot of highway riding involved. i would say normally for only highway i have it at 40 psi but when i run up the mountain here i run the front at 34 and rear at 36. but that also has a lot to do how and where you ride. too high (40 psi) the way i ride (hard cornering in mostly twisties) causes a lot of heat surface damage on the tire. the guy i took my bike to to get the suspension adjusted who worked ona lot of racing bikes, told me to lower it to that during the warm season, maybe go up by 2 psi when it gets colder. i have to admit, i wasn't sure about that at first but after I rode the bike that way it handled just fine and now on the new set i don't see that heat surface damage any more. I'll post again when i added another 1500 miles. the pic on the left are the new tires, and the road 5 with the sidewall wear on the right

Attachments

• 71813144362__C5138D50-384F-4BEE-9418-2B7D1E1A587E.JPG
    71813144362__C5138D50-384F-4BEE-9418-2B7D1E1A587E.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 71813151653__9F3D0FEB-246D-4D1C-9788-B97621036508.JPG
    71813151653__9F3D0FEB-246D-4D1C-9788-B97621036508.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Very nice tire, I have no concerns of the milage,

I also run pressure in the 30s and motorcycle tires FLEX. That is how you get grip.

My rear tire goes to 28 track day(y)

Hi Redline {aka: Kuzin' Ted}.
If you want to see how the new tire does, you need to come ride Arkansas with us.
It will make ya grin and say "ta heck with tire mileage"!

Ride safe, Ted