• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What is spec for cam cap bolt torque?

bootman

I know cam cover is 87 inch-pounds…but what is torque spec for the 18 bolts holding the four cam-caps and the chain bridge cap?

My manual is still in the mail! Anyone?

BTW: All 16 valves were tight and needed new shims at 31,000 miles.

According to the manual, 12 N-m, or 106 in-lb. Cam shaft Cap bolts.

I think what you are calling the chain bridge cap is still considered part of the Cam shaft cap bolt and they do have a sequence for tightening all of these 20 bolts. Tried to select that image in the pdf, but wasn't successful in copying it here.

Last edited:
Be sure to replace the O-rings on the oil tubes. The manual notes to do this every time after removal. Some say it is not needed, but I tend to follow manual guidance on critical things like oil supply to cams.

Be sure to replace the O-rings on the oil tubes. The manual notes to do this every time after removal. Some say it is not needed, but I tend to follow manual guidance on critical things like oil supply to cams.
Thank You for preserving the most important part of your machine… And passing the message!!!

I always do the same on my machine and ones I work on for others. Expensive o-rings, CHEAP insurance.

Wayne