• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

09 C-14 ABS, $14.2K OTD from OTD, good deal?

C_

Big Wheel
Hello all. I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. I have a friend who's looking to buy a new 2009 C-14 ABS. He's a longtime rider and has a first generation 'Busa and a ZX-11. The best deal he's found is from OTD Cyclesports There are several dealers in this organization in California. They are all saying the same thing $14,200 "out the door" with 7% financing. I'm not sure if that includes tax but I expect it includes everything else. And he wants an extended warranty which isn't included in the price I'm sure. Can he do better? Is OTD a good place to buy from? Is the extended warranty a good idea? He's in love with this bike. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

From my experience with a C10, the three year factory warranty is sufficient. I found that the extended warranty doesn't cover as much as the factory and I am pretty capable of working on it now. Gaining experience as I go and this organization is a great source of help. Being on the East Coast, can't offer much on pricing, especially with the California models and their extra emmissions.

Can't speak for the left coast, but I just bought a 2009 C14 ABS (diamond red) from my Dealer in southern NH and without any haggling they offered $1000 off the retail of $14,200 ($500 Kawasaki Green Light discount and match from Dealer). From there I negotiated an additional Dealer discount and a reasonable price for 2004 Concours trade. Tell your friend he can do better than sticker. Kevin COG 145

OTD stands for Out the Door. The OTD price includes tax and license. They have a reputation for providing very good prices on new bikes. I bought mine used with 6300 miles for a whole lot less. I would have rather had the new red color, but it wasn't worth paying thousands more. Besides, the scuffs on the hard bags would probably be put on by me anyway. I would rather buy not perfect, but almost perfect and save a ton.

Thanks very much to all for the information. Kevin, with CA sales tax included the price from OTD is just about $1,000 off sticker. It is good to hear you got about the same deal. I'm starting to think that is roughly as low as my friend is going to find. Jeff, I verified today what you are saying. Tax and all fees are in the price.

This OTD is the same price I was told when I was inquiring. Yes it does include tax, fees and freight and such. I did not end up buying from them but I also didn't find any deals that were better in the SF Bay Area. ----------------------- Brent Johnson AMA# 1046574 COG# 8402 SF Bay Area California 1988 Red Concours "Ruby" connie-dot-mrpepsi-dot-com