• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

14 Muzzy Exhaust

Jim_Brown_ON

Big Wheel
Has anyone installed a Muzzy full system with dual carbon fiber cans? This needs the center stand modified. Any comments on the install, the center stand issue buying from Muzzy ( 10% discount with COG membership?) and installing the Power Commander. Thanks for any info. Jim

Punchdude has. But I'm not sure if he's on this site, or just on Ricks site? Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak
2638311280103513287fDmUTZ_th.jpg

I'm also thinking of the Muzzy dual full exhaust system, or the Two Bros., or the Area P, or the Holeshot.
The Holeshot probably sounds the best with minimal increase in noise.  Then, the center stand modification
issue also needs to be addressed.  Is this necessary with all brands?  Any tips or suggestions would be
welcomed.  Thanks.  Bruce Genck, Mpls.

all of these systems are much louder than stock, despite what the decible reading say. they will also get louder, trust me.

bob said:
all of these systems are much louder than stock, despite what the decible reading say. they will also get louder, trust me.

Interesting, first time i have heard this.  Have you had all of them on your bike?

No just one. it was the area P. the concours is not a race bike, yet every pipe maker wants it to sound like one. JMHO. :p

I have a single Muzzy exhaust on my C14.  It definitely is louder than stock, but in a real mean bad ass kind of way.  I love the way it rumbles, it is a very deep note.

But the sound mellows out when your just cruising, it is perfect.

Steve

bob said:
No just one. it was the area P. the concours is not a race bike, yet every pipe maker wants it to sound like one. JMHO. :p

Did you go back to stock, or do you still have the AreaP on?  Just curious, I'm in the decision phase on an exhaust and just trying to garner as many opinions as possible. 

steviej said:
I have a single Muzzy exhaust on my C14.  It definitely is louder than stock, but in a real mean bad ass kind of way.  I love the way it rumbles, it is a very deep note.

But the sound mellows out when your just cruising, it is perfect.

Steve

I have one on my '09 and I agree 100%  ;D  I love the sound the Muzzy makes, sound like a bunch of pissed off bees  ;)

I had the Area P on my 08, got tired of the noise. if someone would build an exhaust that mimic the stock exhaust, but on steroids, i would buy. don't know about muzzy. the Bos exhaust is the closest thing to a stock exhaust.

I have a single can/mid pipe Holeshot.  I like it a great deal.  Obviously more noise than stock at idle, but not obnoxious.  Nice rumble.  Tooling around with normal throttle twists is also fine.  But, if you really get on the throttle, the sound is very loud.

I had Area P duel set up on my ZX14.  Tooooooo loud for me.  Had to use ear plugs all the time.  Not the same deal with Holeshot.  YMMV.

There is a decibal killer that can be installed to make the bike less noisey, but I have not needed it.

I'm considering hooking up a ZX14 header to my 2010 C14, too.  Just not sure if all years ZX14 headers fit the new bike.  Maybe someone knows.  Seems like a lot of work, tho.

OK ... I have a Holeshot right hand muffler and mid pipe.  I'm not interested in a Muzzy complete system.  Why?  Well, I like the sound of the Holeshot and the Muzzy seems a bit 'buzzy' to me.  Just MO.

Anyway, I don't want to spend a crap load on the Muzzy complete system as I have an inexpensive ZX14 header, and the right hand side mid pipe and muffler already.  I just need a 2" mid pipe for the left hand side of the bike ... and I'll get another Holeshot, plus brackets and modified center stand.

Anyone want to tell me where I can get a 2" left size mid pipe?  Or ... should I have it made out of stainless? 

Interested in any comments or experience.

Thanx.