• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

17 Inch Rear Wheel

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
I did a search and spent the last 45 minutes going through over 700 hits on "17", but I got nothing relating to putting a 17 inch rear wheel on a Connie. I know it can be done with the right modification to the brake disc mount, but now that I'm ready to take the plunge I can't find the info I need to make it happen. Can anyone help? I need to know what wheel mounts up to the final drive, and how much material to shave off the brake disc mounting flat. Even just telling me which wheel fits would be a huge help, as I'm sure I could fit it up and measure how much too far out the brake disc is if need be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are two main ways that I know of. 1. Kosman conversion. You send you wheel off to them, and for a bit over $500 they convert it for you. There are extra things like painting, etc that can push the cost. 2 Is the Mean Streak conversion. People buy a rear tire from a Mean Streak. Certain years I believe. Then have the hub machined .300 of the rotor mounting face so the rear brake rotor up with the stock Connie brakes. If I understand it right, the rear tire fits in the shaft drive side just fine. .300" off the rotor mounting face for alignment. Then you need a 280mm rotor with the right bolt pattern. Use the Connie calipers, lines etc. - Mean streak wheel - 280mm rotor with proper bolt pattern - .300" machining - stock connie calipers, lines, etc. 2003 Concours, 58K COG #6953 IBA 28004 http://home.comcast.net/~slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
VisitedProvincesMap.jpg

Thanks, Fred, Now all I need to know is which year model wheel I need to chase down and the fun can begin.

if you search the other forum you will find all the info you need. lots of different options for the brakes. hth, tom

if you search the other forum you will find all the info you need. lots of different options for the brakes. hth, tom
I'll try it again. Maybe this time I'll find something useful, but I've been there already. Found it! Just had to search for "mean streak wheel" instead of "17 inch wheel"

Kosman is easier no messing with anything else........ plus the weld looks cool. :8|: Dave Muzzey St. Charles, IL COG#7957 '01 Connie
2325745050103317432S200x200Q85.jpg
2885259670103317432eXKDOk_th.jpg