• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

1998 Side luggage

bikerterp

Tricycle
Hi all, I'm a new Concours owner and was wondering if anyone knew where it may be possible to get replacement hard saddle bags. Actually, its just the locks that need replacing. Is it possible to find replacements? Will saddle bags from different model years fit? Or perhaps a different luggage brand that will work? Thanks.

IIRC Bags from any year 86-06 will fit. I do not think you can get the locks separately. Keep in mind there are only two lock/key types. Key A and Key B. It is marked on the key and ont he underside of the lock (I think).

As Steve said, and he's correct about the A or B being under the lock mechanism when you open the lock. Which locks are you looking for? For the case opening or the mount to the antler? Sometimes a few of us have extras laying around, or ebay, and they are listed as seperate items on the parts diagram. Could get new from Murphs, Ron Ayers or the like.

It's the mount to the antler, and the key/lock is type "A". Anybody have any extra laying around they may be willing to sell me? Thanks.

Hi, Just curious what is wrong with the locks. Where they vandalized? What exactly is wrong with them that is making you want to replace them. Maybe I can help. Try Craigslist as well as ebay look at completed listings to see what people are paying for them and go from there. But get back to me...

i need one to ..i dont even know where mine went .one day i look down and nothing ! the screws were still in case a little lock tight would not have cost THAT !! much cheap b%stards i just modified a shock absorber clip and made it so she wont come off

The lock wasnt vandalized, except maybe by me. I was trying to loosen it up bit... was sticking. There are two bars that are attached to a pin inside the lock that move back and forth when you open or close the latch. One of the bars snapped away from the pin. Looks like the end of the pin snapped off.

I had than happen to one of mine. It is possible to replace the broken rivet/pin If you bring it up to my wrench session I'll fix it for you :)