• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

1999 Concours fuel tank options

bmanker4746

Hi
Trying to find out if any other fuel tanks will fit on my 1999 Concours using stock mounts.
I will be using the stock seat also.
Heard a 1984 GPZ 900r might fit but they seem impossible to find.
Looking for something thinner than the stock 7 gal tank.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Bob M

There was a C10 sold here quite awhile back that had GPZ. Fairing parts and I believe the tank was used also . Looked really good . Someone here bought it if I recall .

Here is the bike and discussion.

fshjXDJ.jpeg

Another member (Dave) built a nekked Connie using a GPZ tank too. Will see if I can find the discussion/image of his.

Ride safe, Ted

Thank you to all.
I guess the older GPZ is the only one that will fit.
$1200 plus is a little high for just aesthetics.
But I will keep looking for one that is a little more affordable.
I was hoping there was a different bike that would fit other than the Top Gun bike.