• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200S ***SOLD...SOLD....SOLD......****

fox102

Big Wheel
1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200S....Great bike with a bullet proof engine, reliable, and a great all around bike! ****Still Has GRIN FACTOR ****

1157 cc Inline-Four Air/Oil Cooled Engine
Stage 2 Holeshot Jet Kit/with K&N Oval Air Filter Pods
Holeshot Performance Exhaust
465 Series Progressive Shock Upgrade
Suzuki Vstrom DL1000 Hanguards
Heated Grips
Custom LED Gear Indicator
Dunlop D607 Tires with 90% Tread left
Brake Pads recently Changed
New DID Chain and 15/45 Sprocket Changed within the last 3000 miles
LED...Brake Light Accesories Bar Added
Cortech Soft Saddlebags Included
Stearns Universal Seat Pad
Stebel Air Horn Mod
PIA Fog Light Mod/added to High Beam
BikeMaster Daytona Handlebars
Sigma Sport Bicycle Computer added for accurate speed!
Givi MonoLock Rear Rack included with monokey plate, wired for a givi monokey rear case with brake light (REAR CASE NOT INCLUDED)
MadSTad Bracket Universal front Windshield. Custom made by MadSTad of FL for the bandit
Extra Givi Windshield
Extra Stock Bandit Shock
Box with extra Airbox parts
Hanes Manual

This bike has been a great bike. It is my daily commuter, so I will be riding it till it sells. Always used Rotella Oil in the engine. All around bike, does well on back roads dirt/gravel, great on twisties, and a comfortable ride on long jaunts.
I am the second owner of this bike. She is not a beauty queen, but she will never let you down.
Come check her out. Mileage and counting is 37,873 !!!...This bike needs nothing but a new rider. She is a great commuter, great bike to start on. She handles two-up very well. Standard upright seating position. You can even stand up on the pegs if you wish. Looking for some better wind protection.
Feel free to email me or call me at Eight Four Three - 814 - Six Five Two Zero....if you email me please put in the subject BANDIT

Asking $2300 OBO

Would love to trade for a C-10 As well...

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

I pride myself in being honest, so I am laying all out on the line...Honest to a Fault...that is my moto....

Recent Pictures...in Full Dress:
IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

Image.jpg

Dunlop D607...Tires...Front and Back....they have been my favorite pair thus far....

Front:
IMG_0564.jpg

Rear:
IMG_0565.jpg

Previous Owner used to have engine guards on this bike 10 years ago.  Use to take it to track days......I have never done so....
No more engine guards...they protected the bike on a low side...on one of the turns at Barber Motorsports SpeedWay...

If any of you have not been there yet....You should...I have....its wall to wall...floor to ceiling...bikes and more....just saying...f

the following are the blemishes left on this 13yrs old plus bike....
IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

Aside from these...that is it..other than just normal wear on a bike that has taken me anywhere my friends on their Vstroms and GSAs can go.  She has truly been an excellent All-Around bike...still bullet proof and taking me everywhere rain, shine, or whatever the road throws at me....
Thank you for visiting...Have a nice day...Safe Riding...

ciao

Where in the Southeast are you?

843 area code, is that SC?

I can vouch for both the comfort factor and the grin factor of the first-gen Bandits, having owned my own '99 for almost a year now. It gets great gas mileage and its comfort level is right up there with the Concours...minus the full fairing with its pros and cons.

Looks like a sold bike that's ready to go to 100k miles....

That's a nice unit.  I've got an 03 salvaged title (currently riding) and an 88 parts bike.  My 03's running naked right now, but I've got all the plastics less the little plastic tabs that the past po tore off. 

Would love to see pics of your naked setup...I am ranging about 40 mpg....not bad for a 44 miles roundtrip commute...Daily rider, and bullet proof.
Its been a great bike...just looking for a little more comfort...

I drive this bike as a daily driver as well.  I will attempt some new pics this weekend and post'm here for ya or email if you want.  Email might be better, I can send you what it looked like before (salvaged) and what it looks like now.  She's come a long way..

JOse,
Nice set up.  How do you like windshield set up?  What did it cost?  What is other touring alternative?  r/ Grog

Hey grog!

The windshield combo was made by MadStad custom made for about $300. It's like two into one. A shorty , the big touring and an extra givi windshield.