• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2000 fork question

xrdan

Big Wheel
I got a fork seal leak and put emulators in when I had it apart. When I got the bike I cut the springs when I flushed the forks and changed the oil and it made a big difference and I'm hoping the emulators make it even better.

I'm putting it back together and don't have the torque values for the pinch bolts, axle, etc.

Could someone help me out?

Thanks

Dan

Top bolts on triple tree 11.5 ft lbs
Bottom bolts on triple tree 15 ft lbs

Axle pinch bolts 26 ft lbs
Axle  65 ft lbs
Top cap cover on forks 16.5 ft lbs

Thanks for the quick replies. I finished it up last night and rode today. The emulators were a big improvement. My set up is about 4 1/2" cut off the springs, emulators with 4 bleed holes and blue springs at 2 turns of preload with 15w oil at 150mm. Very happy with the lack of brake dive and response to square edged bumps. It doesn't seem as plush on little stuff like expansion joints, although that could be my imagination. What would be the fix for that?

Thanks again for the help.

Dan