• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2001 Color Blue Description?

milleniamarv

Big Wheel
Hi All, A new member here who just purchased a 2001 Connie sight unseen except for Ebay photos and was wondering how you would describe the blue. The bike is in Seattle at the daughter's house (she and SIL are out of town), and am asking for feedback from current or previous owners of this model year. I want to purchase some new Vega Summit II helmets for me and wifey and they come in Bright Metallic Blue, Metallic Blue, Dark Metallic Blue, and Deep Metallic Blue. So what say you? BRIGHT, REGULAR, DARK, or DEEP? Thanks for any imput. BTW, what a great site, will make my ownership of the Connie so much more enjoyable. Thanks again!

2001 * ZG1000-A16 * Metallic Sonic Blue, Cosmic Gray lower -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Marv, The 2001 Blue is the best color and the best model Connie ever manufactured. Therefore I'd have to say the color is "Premier Blue". BTW who did you purchase the bike from? AKA "2linby" That's 2-lin-by folks! Northwest Area Director COG #5539 AMA #927779 IBA #15034 TEAM OREGON MC Instructor 133K and counting! http://community.webshots.com/user/2linby http://tinyurl.com/njas8 (IBA BunBurner Gold Trip) http://tinyurl.com/lwelx (Alaska trip)

Sounds to me like bright metallic blue in helmets would be the best match so thats what I'll go with. Thanks for the input. 2linby, I bought the bike from a Joseph Jennings in Kirkland, WA.

I don't know if Goatmar uses this forum, so I will intercede on his behalf. The color is Sonic Blue, so just ask for the fastest color they have. That will be your best match.

Congratulations on purchasing the best year ever for the Connie. Evrything prior to 2001 was a step to perfection. Every year since was messing with perfection! Seriously Metallic Blue will probably be a close enough match that nobody will be able to tell the diffrence, especially if you go past them fast enough ;)

I own a 2001 and when I purchased the bike they called it sky blue.At around dusk is when it looks the best.This is what I would consider a medium to lighter blue color

Whatever it is The CFO Loves Hers. She got it for her 50'th B'day this year. Her's is "probably" the fastest Blue Connie in the world :) Least ways I don't know of any faster one.
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg