• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2004 C10 For Sale (price lowered)

Note: I lost my old account when the old forum got wiped out. I posted as "turnpikeroadwarrior" there. So while I am listed as a total newbie here (I expect, anyway, this is my first post), I have been around COG for a little over a year. A few folks here have done business with me and if you're concerned, I can provide proof re: title, etc.

Well, the time has come for me and the Silver Bullet to part ways. This is a strong running bike, but I am really too short for it, and the wife isn't as interested in riding on the back since I bought a Corvette. Now all you married guys know how this goes. Between taxes, maintenance, garage space, "what will the neighbors think," and all that...I gotta thin out my rolling stock. My gain is...also your gain! Here goes, I am asking $2000 $1800 OBO, which is what I paid before all my work was put into it, bike is in zip 25401:

The Good:

2004 C-10
34137 miles (young for a Connie, as you know)
New Targa windshield, smoke, with decal transferred
SISF Exhaust Sprocket and 2MM Jet Kit (runs great!)
Stick coils
Emissions delete with covers
KB handlebar risers
Murph's hex screw kit
Manual cam chain tensioner, original will come with the bike
Good compression tests, free of electrical gremlins, etc.
Resistor-short-on-fuel-gauge-sensor hack, to fix accuracy of gauge
A no-name trunk which ain't pretty but does mount
Security system with 2 fobs
Brake light strobes, adjustable

The Bad:

Small oil leak, not sure where it is from but it looks like the back of the engine. It runs down the belly pan and somewhat onto the center stand. I have never found the sight level low before I would change the oil anyway seasonally. It has been like that for a while, never been a problem for me, but you might need a quart of Rotella on a long trip.

The Ugly:

This bike's plastic has seen some hard times. It has been dropped. As a result, it has a clear WV RECONSTRUCTED TITLE (salvaged and rebuilt). I am putting that in caps so nobody misses it. It really bothers some people. If it bothers you, that is cool, I would just ask you not to hijack this post with comments about how much it bothers you. I have tried to factor that into the asking price, and I am willing to negotiate. For those still interested, I think we can agree it depends on the extent of the damage and quality of repair. I can tell you I have had this bike stripped down and there is nothing fishy about any of it, with the exception that the fairing subframe is slightly off-kilter, which is actually common, and from a standing drop, and doesn't pose a problem. I suspect it doesn't take much damage to total a Conk. Previous owner dropped it, dealt with insurance and all that, and then proceeded to ride the bike to Mexico and back. And of course I have put a few thousand miles on it, some of them on Skyline Drive twisties, and it has never felt wrong to me. I will happily ride it with you in a chase car, and/or let you ride it if you come to see it. I have been all over the body and inside the engine, and there is absolutely nothing to hide about the integrity of this machine.

The paint is also not factory, nor is it professional, but it looks good from 10 yards, decent from 10 feet. Better than when I bought it. I will tell you it is a rattle-can job, using silver paint with a flat clear. It actually looks really cool in the sun, a little reflective but not blinding. With better prep and a little more quality paint, it could look fantastic. I will show you the paints I used and give you the cans I have left over with the bike. A repaint was necessary after I repaired cracks in the plastic and bought new pieces.

So that's it!

If anyone is interested in video, more pics, etc., let me know. If I can't find a home for it here, next is EBay, then donation for a write-off...or who knows, maybe I will just use this as an excuse to build a new shed and keep her out there until Connies become collectors items! ;D

Attachments

• right.jpg
    right.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 109
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 100
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 101
Couple more pics. Forgot to mention...PM/email me if interested.

Attachments

• rider.jpg
    rider.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 90
  • odo.jpg
    odo.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 94
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 102
Don't know how I forgot this in the list...couple of farkles left out:

T-Cro Stick Coils
Snarf's covers for emissions delete

Editing the original post and placing here for those who already read. Thanks for your time.