• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2005 concours 7900 actual miles New tires $1500

DRG

Big Wheel
2005 concours 7900 miles, less than 300 miles on new Avons. Lowering pegs, Givi trunk with rack and backrest,throttle meister, side covers , and bags. Bike was dropped and got new side covers , fairing, fairing brkt etc.. Something is wrong with it, was riding one day when I heard a small backfire, after I stopped the idle was rough. I replaced the spark plugs and it seemed to run fine, after starting it a number of times it seems to be idling rough again. When  the rough idle comes it has some smoke. I believe this is a carb. problem,but I have never had any luck with small engine carbs so I am not about to tear into it. $1500 and it is yours . This has to be super cheap.  David 865-771-5750  Walland Tn.

Cannot load pictures, I have tried 3 times.  message me for pics my e-mail is Davidgoad@netzero.com
I got some pics loaded. I rode the bike down the road and back to the house, it run fine????  It has always been garaged so I just rinsed it off and took photos today. I do not know what its problem is. Additional pics are available.

Attachments

• 05 concours 003.JPG
    05 concours 003.JPG
    330.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 05 concours 004.JPG
    05 concours 004.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 05 concours 005.JPG
    05 concours 005.JPG
    333.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 05 concours 011.JPG
    05 concours 011.JPG
    333.3 KB · Views: 112
Update; After questions about hydrolock, I turned the petcock to prime and left it for a while. When I came back I bumped the starter 3 times and smelled gas, on the 4th bump it started and ran fine. I checked the air box and found gas in it. The bike definitely has a carb. problem, but I do not know if I have done any other damage.

drg said:
Update; After questions about hydrolock, I turned the petcock to prime and left it for a while. When I came back I bumped the starter 3 times and smelled gas, on the 4th bump it started and ran fine. I checked the air box and found gas in it. The bike definitely has a carb. problem, but I do not know if I have done any other damage.
:-[ :-[ :-[ Well thats one way to test for hydrolock ::) ::) ::)