• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2008 & 2011 C1400 question

elijah5888832

Hey Guys,
Will all of the fairings from a 2011 C14 ABS fit the 2008 C14 ABS? Wondering if I can put the entire set on the 08?
Thanks,
Eli

That is a big strong, maybe. Not sure if any fitment locations were made to the main frame/running gear assemblies on the tooling line at Mama Kaw, but they mostly redesign the fairings for better heat control. perhaps you will be the first one to answer this riddle conclusively!

Ok, I be the smart a$$ and ask the question...why would you want to. Does the 08 have significantly less miles? Is one color preferred more than the others, does the 2011 have "issues" mechanically?...inquiring minds want to know....lol

see this post Konehead34. so still deciding on whether to get the 2011 elijah? I noticed it has canyon cages too so if part it out those are worth something.

I'm not so sure they everything would bolt right up. Maybe the fairing brackets themselves to the bare frame. but keep in mind that the wiring harness is also different because of changes to the updated 2010 C14. One such instance is the relays I think were moved from the side, to the top of the tank. I'm not saying it can't be done. But there are probably differences that may have to be dealt with. But then again, maybe just minor stuff. All I am saying is that it may not be as easy as unbolt from the 2011 fairing, then bolt in on the 2008. Just saying.

Ok, I be the smart a$$ and ask the question...why would you want to. Does the 08 have significantly less miles? Is one color preferred more than the others, does the 2011 have "issues" mechanically?...inquiring minds want to know....lol
Yes there are some mechanical issues, I was just wondering that if the mechanical issues were really serious, could I use the fairings on the 08 so it wouldn’t be a complete loss.

see this post Konehead34. so still deciding on whether to get the 2011 elijah? I noticed it has canyon cages too so if part it out those are worth something.

Yes, I had thought about parting out if it came to that point, just really didn’t want to go that route unless that was the only option.
Thanks,
Eli

I'm not so sure they everything would bolt right up. Maybe the fairing brackets themselves to the bare frame. but keep in mind that the wiring harness is also different because of changes to the updated 2010 C14. One such instance is the relays I think were moved from the side, to the top of the tank. I'm not saying it can't be done. But there are probably differences that may have to be dealt with. But then again, maybe just minor stuff. All I am saying is that it may not be as easy as unbolt from the 2011 fairing, then bolt in on the 2008. Just saying.
Thanks for the info,
Eli