• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2009 C-14 w/ ABS; only 1800 miles

rIDESLOW2004

Training Wheels
They took it on trade, the sales guy showed it to me back in the shop, still waiting for the mechanical check over. 

Two Brothers slip on, Kawasaki rear box, risers, Throttlemeister, V-Stream windshield, GPS.  1800 miles.  Not a misprint, 1800 miles.  Owner had 2 bikes, ZX-14 and C-14, traded them both in on a Harley.  I told the sales guy nothing has changed as far as what I expect for my bike. 

He is supposed to contact me with price, after it goes thru inspection.

I've got a dual 2Bros setup on mine, and it's definitely louder than stock.  I've done a couple of things to quiet it down, and finally today, I think I've got it where I can live with it (long term). 

C1xRider said:
I've got a dual 2Bros setup on mine, and it's definitely louder than stock.  I've done a couple of things to quiet it down, and finally today, I think I've got it where I can live with it (long term).

Just a slip on, I think.  Sales guy fired it up, and it idled at a very nice sound.  He ran it up a couple of times, and it didn't seem to get much louder.

Wonder how proud they are gonna be?

I bought my 2009 with 1500 miles back in March and paid $8000.  It came with a Two Brothers slip on which sounds great.  It was a super deal for me from a private owner.  What a great bike it's turned out to be.  The front tire is crap and is worn out at 6500 miles.  I have a Michelin Pilot Road 2 to be mounted this week.  The rear is still good.

Digger said:
I bought my 2009 with 1500 miles back in March and paid $8000.  It came with a Two Brothers slip on which sounds great.  It was a super deal for me from a private owner.  What a great bike it's turned out to be.  The front tire is crap and is worn out at 6500 miles.  I have a Michelin Pilot Road 2 to be mounted this week.  The rear is still good.

Slightly off topic, but we had a Digger on the GoldWing forum, I don't suppose that's you?

Something to compare to. I bought my 2008 C14 this month minus the bags with 1732 miles. All Stock, no ABS everything new and perfect $6600, nicest ride I've ever owned in 40 years of riding.

He emailed me this afternoon, with only the price.  12,500.  No mention of what they would rate the HD at.  I had told him I didn't care how they wrote the sales slip, but I had a spread that I would not exceed.  Guess I am still waiting.

The more I read about linked braking, the less I like it.

Why are the new C-14's 13k and the low miles used ones less than half that? I have an 08 with 10k on it and would do good to get 6k for it  ??? I was kinda wanting a Yamaha Super Tenere but I would have to give my C-14 away

RideSlow 2004,

Don't get in a hurry....that dealer is asking too much.  Check Cycle Trader and hang out on this Forum, you'll end up finding a low mileage C14 at a great price if you just have a little patience.

Cap'n Bob said:
Maybe he's mistaking it with a brand new left over 2010.

Truth.  I kinda gotta stop looking for a month or so.  Work, rental property, and other stuff coming up huge.  The only good thing is that maybe he will come down a bunch if I don't call back.

Ken - Stockbridge said:
RideSlow 2004,

Don't get in a hurry....that dealer is asking too much.  Check Cycle Trader and hang out on this Forum, you'll end up finding a low mileage C14 at a great price if you just have a little patience.

I don't have to have new, so I will be cruising around looking for a good one.  I will go new if I get the spread on the trade, if not, will just keep putting miles on the HD.  70,000 and only 1 major fail.

Ken - Stockbridge said:
RideSlow 2004,

Agreed. I've been looking for a 2010 pretty much all year (wanted the changes and love the blue) and found one in showroom condition with less than 1000 miles for about 60-65% the price of new from a private seller.

They're out there, you just have to be patient and jump when it comes along.