• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2010 C14 Warranty & Valve Adjust changes?

mass

Bicycle
I just received the February edition of Rider Magazine with the 2010 C14 Blue Streak on the cover and noticed that in their specification section they list the valve adjustment interval to be 24,000 miles, up from the 15,000 mile interval listed on the '08 and '09 versions. Since there were no major engine changes for the 2010 model, I was wondering if this was an error in the article or if Big K has increased the valve adjust interval. If they have, then I'd assume that the change will also apply to my 2009 C14 as well. Also, Rider lists the 2010 warranty to be 1 year/unlimited miles, significantly reduced from my 2009 model with 36 months/unlimited miles. Kevin

Kaw web site just says "36 months" for warranty. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Guess you will have to look up the value that Ma K wants the valves checked but neither of the 2 numbers sound like they are out of the ballpark. With those valve check intervals think about how many sportbikes get wadded up each year without ever getting their 1st valve adjustment.

If you read my note in the last Concourier I think you will find that the valve adjustment interval can be safely increased. According to Kawasaki, the reason the US bikes have shorter intervals than the European bikes is only due to EPA requirements, and the valve train itself is indeed designed to the longer intervals. However, when I checked my valves at around 13K miles, I found a couple that were right near the edge of the tolerance spec. So it probably is a good idea to at least do the first one at the shorter interval.

Hi guys, In Canada the land of snow & straight roads. We gey a 36 month plus a option to buy another 2 years with roadside assistance good in canada and the USA. John You'll never know where I'll be or when I'll be their as i'm riding in the wind.