• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2010 Daytona Bike week

Fearless

I'm planning a trip to Daytona for bike week again this year (see schedule of events below). I'm planning on camping at the Holiday Travel Park in the BMW section. They have nice bathrooms and showers, gas station/convenience store next door, and less than 15 minutes from the speedway. http://www.holidaytravelparkco-op.com/BikeWeek.htm This year the super bike, flat track, and super cross races are all being held at the speedway. Let me know if any of you are planning on heading down for bike week or would like to come along. There are all kinds of events and things to do besides whats listed below. For the second straight year, the 69th Daytona 200 By Honda Daytona Sport bike race, the prestigious season-opening event to the AMA Pro Racing season and the most historic motorcycle event in America, will be held under the lights on Friday night, March 5. Daytona International Speedway will also host the American Superbike season opener and star riders expected to be in attendance for the AMA Pro Racing events include Josh Hayes, Ben Bostrom, Jason DiSalvo, Tommy Hayden, Blake Young, Josh Herrin, Roger Lee Hayden and Jamie Hacking. Daytona Supercross By Honda: The Daytona Supercross By Honda, the toughest and most prestigious Supercross in the country, will be held on Saturday night, March 6. The course will continue to be one of the most challenging Supercross layouts in America thanks to Ricky Carmichael

Dan, I hope to see you there. More than likely you will see a couple of other COGgers there at the campground. Make sure you bring some warm clothes. It can get pretty cold at night time even for sunny FL. Just think; another 6 weeks and it will be time for Bike Week!

I have it on my schedule, but as with most things, it is subject to change. As to the reason for a change, weather. I don't leave home when it is raining, nor quite cold, BTDTDLI (It was still raining 500 miles later, several times.) As for the cold, if it is below 40, I'll be right here by the fire. Yeah, I've become a FWR, but I'm also an ol fart. I've learned the hard way. tcars, John, COG 4157, AMA & ROK Central Jawja AAD

Big Wheels, I'm definitely going to Bike week. I'll probaby go down on Thursday after work or first thing Friday morning. I think the ROK Hooters party is not scheduled this year, though the TT dirt track is Wed night and the short track is Thursday night. I'll probably be down for the dirt track. Things I know for sure: I'll be there all day Friday and try and do a few test rides if possible. I will either camp at Holiday or camp at the Speedway. We have Chili Dinner on Friday night and also the Daytona 200. The only thing that could cause a conflict for me is Toastmasters. I am competing in the International Speech and Table Topics contest and if I win at the area level (slim chance) I would be competing on the evening of 3/5. I should know soon about that. I'm 80 miles north on I-95 on the south end of Jax if you need a bunk or someplace to twist a wrench on your bike on the way down. David in Jax COG# 7898 NE FL AAD & COG Vendor www.dreamjobresumes.com preparing resumes for COG members and friends I ride a KAWASAKI ZZR1200 - Euro http://www.motorbikestoday.com/reviews/Articles/ZZR1200.htm US http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/2002_kawasaki_zzr1200/index.html

See you at the campground, I'm riding down with some Airhead freaks and will also be camping in the BMW section. But I'll be on my Vmax, the pink one. It's been years since I could go to bike week, I'm already excited!