• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2011 Last Ride

BOOTH

Scooter
My friend Mark Silva and I decided to bounce out early this morning and ride Mines Rode south of Livermore, CA.

Not sure how to link the comments to the photos on this forum. It was 27 degrees (F) when the first photo was taken of Mark near his 1150 RT on Mines Road. The remainder are photos from Mines to Concord, CA. Beautiful day for a ride!

Attachments

• DSCN0571-Edit.jpg
    DSCN0571-Edit.jpg
    727.7 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0583-Edit.jpg
    DSCN0583-Edit.jpg
    667.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3407-Edit.jpg
    IMG_3407-Edit.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3409-Edit.jpg
    IMG_3409-Edit.jpg
    704.5 KB · Views: 82
I split the ride.
Rode south Pierce County backroads on the KilLR. The Gerbings were working hard. About 40 deg F.
Then got in the 61 Rambler Classic and cruised around south Tacoma for a couple hrs ending the cruise picking up a take and bake pizza. :13:
Life is good.

danodemotoman said:
I split the ride.
Rode south Pierce County backroads on the KilLR. The Gerbings were working hard. About 40 deg F.
Then got in the 61 Rambler Classic and cruised around south Tacoma for a couple hrs ending the cruise picking up a take and bake pizza. :13:
Life is good.

Well done! If my Vulcan was out of the shop, I might have done the same.

Have a Happy New Year!

It was about 50 degrees here yesterday. I saw a lot of motorcycles out here in NY yesterday as well. (As I sat at work watching them ride by). Actually here I am sitting at work again, with another warmer day about to start! No snow, no rain, probably 50 degrees on New Years day. And I'm at work!  :mad:

Cap'n Bob said:
It was about 50 degrees here yesterday. I saw a lot of motorcycles out here in NY yesterday as well. (As I sat at work watching them ride by). Actually here I am sitting at work again, with another warmer day about to start! No snow, no rain, probably 50 degrees on New Years day. And I'm at work!  :mad:

What kind of work has you in the office on New Years Day?

I'm not in the office. I'm sitting in my truck, baby sitting equipment that they cannot control remotely because of phone line issues. So I sit here and control manually for the folks who run the show! But hey, at least I can get wireless on my laptop here in the spare time! So it's not so bad after all! But I am still here since 3AM this morning. I'm up to 11 hours so far today. What a nice New Years Day this turned out to be. But it is again 52 degrees, not a cloud in the sky and all the bikes are out.!!!    :mad:

backoutonthehighway said:

Lots of work, actually.  You watch TV?  Listen to the radio?  Hope to buy gas or food?  Expect the electricity and water to work?  Need the Police or Firemen to show up?  I worked an 11-hour shift at double-time holiday pay today and was really happy to get it.  Without that paycheck, I can't buy fuel for Connie!

Cap'n Bob said:
I'm not in the office. I'm sitting in my truck, baby sitting equipment that they cannot control remotely because of phone line issues. So I sit here and control manually for the folks who run the show! But hey, at least I can get wireless on my laptop here in the spare time! So it's not so bad after all! But I am still here since 3AM this morning. I'm up to 11 hours so far today. What a nice New Years Day this turned out to be. But it is again 52 degrees, not a cloud in the sky and all the bikes are out.!!!    :mad:

Ah, my Sprint Overdrive is my friend on trips as well. Could be worse - sitting there with nothing but a thermous of coffee and a book.  :)  It was mid-to-high 60's today and sunny here, so I got a brief ride in between taking a walk with the SO and cleaning out the garage.

ChipDoc said:
backoutonthehighway said:

Lots of work, actually.  You watch TV?  Listen to the radio?  Hope to buy gas or food?  Expect the electricity and water to work?  Need the Police or Firemen to show up?  I worked an 11-hour shift at double-time holiday pay today and was really happy to get it.  Without that paycheck, I can't buy fuel for Connie!

I know a lot of folks work holidays, I was just wondering what Bob does for a living which brings to mind the fact that I still don't actually know. Or, for that matter, I don't know what you did for 11 hours today. Hopefully it wasn't dangerous (i.e. getting shot at/running into burning buildings).

I'm a professional computer geek working in operations support at Nielsen - the TV ratings people.  It's a lot of fun; the only real downside is that it isn't full-time.

ChipDoc said:
I'm a professional computer geek working in operations support at Nielsen - the TV ratings people.  It's a lot of fun; the only real downside is that it isn't full-time.

Actually, the part time bit for me is great. It's the part time pay that sucks. ;-)

Glad they paid you double today! HNY!