• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2011 Northwest Regional Rally

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
OK, it's time to let the world know.  This year's regional will begin July 22nd, and wrap up July 25th.  The general location will be Wenatchee, WA.  As soon as we get the lodging and dinner details sorted out it can posted on the calendar, but I wanted to give everybody ample opportunity to figure out how to arrange their vacation/time off schedules.
  Since a rally is for the enjoyment of the attendees, I am open to input for activities people would like to participate in.  That doesn't mean we can or will do everything suggested, but all ideas will be given consideration.  See you there!

Sure! There are some nice roads around the area. Some a little better north of Wentachee. 153 to Twisp out of Pateros and then 20 to Okanogan then 97 back to Wenatchee is a nice ride.   

It was almost as bad as pulling teeth, but we have a hotel!  Finally!  Our group reservation is with the Super 8, and here's a link to all the details.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=138221&mo=7&tDate={d%20%272011-07-07%27}

There's only three members registered so far.  I can see a really small door prize budget. :(

FOUR!!!!  :whoo:

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
It was almost as bad as pulling teeth, but we have a hotel!  Finally!  Our group reservation is with the Super 8, and here's a link to all the details.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=138221&mo=7&tDate={d%20%272011-07-07%27}

There's only three members registered so far.  I can see a really small door prize budget. :(

dano motoman said:
FOUR!!!!  :whoo:

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:

Duck!  I didn't know Dan was a golfer. :D

I forgot to mention I have booked a double room, but I am only one person.  I need a room mate.  Anybody out there looking to share the cost of a room?

EDIT:  Got it covered.  Island Bob is brave enough to commit to sharing sleeping quarters with a guy he's never met. ;D

8)

Good job Charlie

I have my two 15 year old sons from Denmark  over here that weekend, and possibly my daughter Kirsty over from the UK at the same time.

Most likely we will be able to make it, perhaps part of a motorcycle camping tour.
I just have to figure out how I can get me, 3 kids and a tent all on the same bike :) LoL

Kirsty is 22, so she could probably ride my Honda 250 over there from its home in Cle Elum.
Sounds like an adventure in the making.

CP

Believe it or not, us Southwesterners are thinking of making it up for this.
Still working out the bugs, more later.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
I forgot to mention I have booked a double room, but I am only one person.  I need a room mate.  Anybody out there looking to share the cost of a room?

Hey Charlie,

I have just got off the phone with Island Bob (Bob Rainey) he is looking for a room-mate.
Plse give him a call as he has no email.

Ta

Colin

Colin said:
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:

Hey Charlie,

I have just got off the phone with Island Bob (Bob Rainey) he is looking for a room-mate.
Plse give him a call as he has no email.

Ta

Colin

Thanks, Colin.  I will call him to see what's up.

MrPepsi said:

Bring it on!  Are you going to put us to the Pepsi Challenge? :)

Charlie, I am signed up and booked into the hotel. My brother in law who attended one of the Enterprise events with me will probably also come. That will be at least two from Alberta.
Bill
COG 7306

Long Biker said:
Charlie, I am signed up and booked into the hotel. My brother in law who attended one of the Enterprise events with me will probably also come. That will be at least two from Alberta.
Bill
COG 7306

Sweet!  I hope this whole thing works.  I've never arranged a party like this before.  Like I've said in the past, if there's any certain activities folks want to partake in, let me know.

Hey guys and gals. If I invite my sister and bro in law up on their Beemers, what is the cost for non members to attend one night at the rally?

Ok, I just booked two single bed rooms at the Super8. There will be two of us for Saturday - Monday, and two of us for just Saturday - Sunday.

The member registration on cog-online doesn't really give me an option to register more than one person.

MrPepsi said:
Hey guys and gals. If I invite my sister and bro in law up on their Beemers, what is the cost for non members to attend one night at the rally?

MrPepsi said:
Ok, I just booked two single bed rooms at the Super8. There will be two of us for Saturday - Monday, and two of us for just Saturday - Sunday.

The member registration on cog-online doesn't really give me an option to register more than one person.

The cost will be the same since most of it is going to cover the dinner and festivities Saturday night.  I'm glad to see some folks are interested in coming so far to ride with us.  Here's one place where you might want to stop in and sample the wares.  They probably have a way to ship stuff right from their shop after you get hooked.  http://www.libertyorchards.com/

I'm not happy with how I set up the event.  It was the first event I've posted, so I need to go back and fix it.

MrPepsi said:

It would be awesome to have some of you SW folks come up for the event!
Hope you can make it happen!

danodemotoman said:
Roland Vetter had some ride ideas that he will be offering. He needed to Contact Gary about them.

We stood in front of a map today and he talked and pointed and I listened.  I get the impression he just might have ridden every road in this state.  He confirmed all the roads I thought would be good, plus a whole lot more.  I will be needing some help to verify the conditions of so many great roads.  A few guys over that way have offered to help in various ways, so I think the sooner I can show them some routes to check out, the better.  Anybody who has suggestions, please offer them up with as much detail as possible.
  Aside from routes, I think I could use the help of at least one if not two volunteers to help with check-in.  I'm sure I'll find other ways I could use some help.  Time will tell.

I could show you a few more if you are up for Brunch at Bob's in Sumas this sunday, same start as the Easter ride. Dan's weather liars call for a good weekend. Some others are interested, maybe an Impromptu ride?

motovetro said:
I could show you a few more if you are up for Brunch at Bob's in Sumas this sunday, same start as the Easter ride. Dan's weather liars call for a good weekend. Some others are interested, maybe an Impromptu ride?
The CFO and I may be up for a ride this weekend.
Lets see how the weather holds up  ::)

motovetro said:

I wish I could, but a buddy of mine is coming to my house Sunday so we can put new tires on his bike and mine.  There's already a couple of guys wanting to do their tires during the wrench session Saturday, so I won't plan to do mine then.  The following weekend I promised my wife I'd take her to see tulips.  I've learned to spend some time with her every so often.  The weekend after that my son comes home on leave from 29 Palms.  Going to the Bun Cooler?  I'll bring some maps and highlighters.

I may be up for Sun to Sumas.

motovetro said:

This place has a large deck and is about 8 blocks from the Super 8. They have experience with catering groups. www.applewoodgrill.net So far it looks as if no other events are in town and there are a number of motels between the 8 and the Grill.

motovetro said:
This place has a large deck and is about 8 blocks from the Super 8. They have experience with catering groups. www.applewoodgrill.net So far it looks as if no other events are in town and there are a number of motels between the 8 and the Grill.

I will check it out.  Thanks for the scouting mission.

I suggested a ride which should take the better part of a day. Take SR-97 north to SR-153 which is just outside of Pateros and about an hour from Wenatchee.  Going north on SR-153, One could make a slight detour for lunch at 3 Fingred jack's in Winthop. Could also do the Antlers in Twisp but I think 3 fingers Jack has better food and nicer looking staff.  :-*After lunch go back to inthe intersection of SR-153 and SR-20. Head north on SR-20 over Loop Loop Pass ending up in Okanogan Which has SR-97 running by for the return trip to Wenatchee. Twisp to Okanogan is about 30 to 40 minutes. Okanogan is about 1 and 1/2 hours from WEnatchee.  Estimated times are based on doing the posted speed limit.

[quote]The Duck in Winthrop has very good food./quote]
Maybe, but not  the atmosphere and as pretty of wait staff.  :-*[

Charlie, my brother in law has confirmed he will be coming to the Rally. How should I go about registering him? I have already registered.
Long Biker

Long Biker said:
Charlie, my brother in law has confirmed he will be coming to the Rally. How should I go about registering him? I have already registered.
Long Biker

I'm kinda new to this game, so if my first answer doesn't pan out please bear with me and we'll make it happen.  Anyway, try sending him this link (unless you can talk him into registering to be a forum member, allowing him to get there himself) http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=138221&mo=7&tDate={d%20%272011-07-27%27}
  If I set things up correctly, he should be able to click the registration button and sign up as a guest.  Let me know if that doesn't work for him, and if you don't see me reply here quick enough you can send me an e-mail.

Well today I went to Wenatchee and looked around some.  The hotel is going to allow us to set up a bike wash station back behind the pool area, but the employees have to check with the owner before telling me it's OK to hang a COG banner.  I hope I have some to hang.  Hey Bob, ^-^ got banners still?  The are 14 folks registered, and six have paid.  Many were registered before the payment thing was set up, so if folks could go back and edit their registration form and make their payments, that would help avoid issues later on when folks are trying to eat and are being told no payment equals an empty plate. :mad:  Let's avoid that, shall we?
  Tim Rieb has graciously volunteered to man our sign-in table at the Super 8.  For all those choosing to stay somewhere else, please stop in at the Super 8 and sign in.  We will be using wrist bands to identify those who have paid their fees, and each wrist band has a unique serial number.  This number is what will be used for door prizes, so no wrist band means no meal and no prize. C:)  Don't miss out on getting yours.
  That's about it for now.  Here's a link to the event page for those who need it.
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=138221&mo=7&tDate={d%20%272011-07-04%27}

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
The are 14 folks registered, and six have paid.  Many were registered before the payment thing was set up, so if folks could go back and edit their registration form and make their payments, that would help avoid issues later on when folks are trying to eat and are being told no payment equals an empty plate. :mad:  Let's avoid that, shall we?

Hey, not your fault but the registration is a bit difficult. I am coming, I am brining my wife, we are staying two nights. Plus I invited my sister and brother in law to come up for one night on Friday. So I need to setup registration for four seperate people, pay four times, and I have to pay full price for all four even though two are only staying two nights, and the other two are staying one night? There must be a better way. Maybe several different packages, like full stay, two night stay, one night stay, etc.

For now I have paid my full price and I registered one guest for full price. I hope this is enough for two people to eat two meals and two people to eat one meal. If not please let me know what else to pay. Can you make a note that there will be four people Saturday night and two people Sunday night? The two registrations are Mr Pepsi, and Jerry Weissert.

MrPepsi said:
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
The are 14 folks registered, and six have paid.  Many were registered before the payment thing was set up, so if folks could go back and edit their registration form and make their payments, that would help avoid issues later on when folks are trying to eat and are being told no payment equals an empty plate. :mad:  Let's avoid that, shall we?

Hey, not your fault but the registration is a bit difficult. I am coming, I am brining my wife, we are staying two nights. Plus I invited my sister and brother in law to come up for one night on Friday. So I need to setup registration for four seperate people, pay four times, and I have to pay full price for all four even though two are only staying two nights, and the other two are staying one night? There must be a better way. Maybe several different packages, like full stay, two night stay, one night stay, etc.

For now I have paid my full price and I registered one guest for full price. I hope this is enough for two people to eat two meals and two people to eat one meal. If not please let me know what else to pay. Can you make a note that there will be four people Saturday night and two people Sunday night? The two registrations are Mr Pepsi, and Jerry Weissert.

Hi Brent,
I sense I haven't done a very good job in letting folks know what they're getting for their $30.00 ($40.00 for non-members).  The Saturday night dinner is targeted at $20.00 per person, which comes in at $25.62 once tax and gratuity are added in.  The AMA is going to charge us $314.00 for insurance, and if we can get 50 participants that will divide up to $6.28 per person, more if we get less than 50 people.  So, looking at numbers based on 50 registrants, the cost of this party will be at least $31.90 per person.
  I am always open to suggestions on how to do things for less cost, but the central Washington area is becoming very trendy with wine and nature lovers, and finding a venue that can accommodate a crowd our size on a frugal COG budget is challenging, to say the least.  If you're looking for ways to offset the total cost, some folks are making reservations at the Motel 6 down the street.  I'm not sure what the correct answer to your concerns is here.

Are you saying that the three non members should pay $40 just for the one night and I need to pay my $30?
I can do that, but I'll no better next time not to invite guests.

MrPepsi said:
Are you saying that the three non members should pay $40 just for the one night and I need to pay my $30?
I can do that, but I'll no better next time not to invite guests.

I kinda feel like I'm telling you to choose which child survives when I say "yes".

MrPepsi said:
No worries, we'll have a great time. I'm just extatic I get to make it.

I look  forward to meeting you and your guests.  What do you and your friends like to do when you're not riding?  Wenatchee has a fair amount of variety in the area, and if I can get people to tell me what they are looking for I can look for activities to suit.  But if your answer is riding, followed by gas and more riding, then we've got you covered.  We will have more routes laid out than any one person could possibly cover.  The longest route I have in mind will be a loop a little more than 400 miles long.  I would love to ride it myself, but I think coordinating duties will cause me to stay somewhat close to home base.

danodemotoman said:
Waaal now, at KC airport heading home.  :)  Short deployment.
Looks like I will make the rally now.  >:D

Let me know when you want the parts from Steve.

The CFO and I are planning to make it plus we will bring Martin and Soren my twin sons from Denmark that are visiting from Denmark.
We need to figure out logistics and stuff, it will be the first time Nancy has a passenger. so need to get some training in.  :)

Just for fun I thought I would throw out the first route I've put together.  This one would be good for Sunday, when all the Seattleites are headed west on U.S. 2.  We'll also have shorter routes for those looking for less than 383 miles.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Wenatchee,+WA&daddr=Twisp,+WA+to:Newhalem,+WA+to:Rockport,+WA+to:Oso,+WA+to:Granite+Falls,+WA+to:Lake+Roesiger,+WA+to:Sultan,+WA+to:Leavenworth,+WA+to:West+Wenatchee,+WA&hl=en&geocode=FeSf0wIdszXU-ClDTwXdQ8ybVDGQ0TNGAmNudA%3BFdb34QIdQRTX-Cnh3cHU-6OcVDFHNIzGkQqaIQ%3BFWG05gIdYe7F-CkhQmMsSpWEVDGd675tbySrRg%3BFSfV4wIdP5HA-Ckjh0FXFN-EVDGdQO1GcIhBew%3BFUSN4AIdk4C7-CkJx42XiDeFVDFQfjZ_UU3w0Q%3BFRa03QIdmue6-Ck7NfD5DsqaVDHdRY4BWD9tAA%3BFUkr3AIds4G7-CldoYCkH66aVDFN6oBEgeYwxw%3BFUlT2gIdQjq9-Ckj1yZym6SaVDEwE55IZ1hu7g%3BFclC1gIdHNrO-CmN-fikkk2aVDF-778K-5VPoQ%3BFRnv0wIdgY3T-CmZsw3SRMubVDE4BLdBMop5Ug&mra=ls&sll=48.069362,-121.89949&sspn=0.146369,0.41851&ie=UTF8&ll=48.090923,-120.967712&spn=1.170467,3.348083&t=h&z=9

I have a 50 year class reunion in Bonners Ferry on Sat.  Anybody have a room they would share Fri, and Sunday nights?

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Just for fun I thought I would throw out the first route I've put together.  This one would be good for Sunday, when all the Seattleites are headed west on U.S. 2.  We'll also have shorter routes for those looking for less than 383 miles.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Wenatchee,+WA&daddr=Twisp,+WA+to:Newhalem,+WA+to:Rockport,+WA+to:Oso,+WA+to:Granite+Falls,+WA+to:Lake+Roesiger,+WA+to:Sultan,+WA+to:Leavenworth,+WA+to:West+Wenatchee,+WA&hl=en&geocode=FeSf0wIdszXU-ClDTwXdQ8ybVDGQ0TNGAmNudA%3BFdb34QIdQRTX-Cnh3cHU-6OcVDFHNIzGkQqaIQ%3BFWG05gIdYe7F-CkhQmMsSpWEVDGd675tbySrRg%3BFSfV4wIdP5HA-Ckjh0FXFN-EVDGdQO1GcIhBew%3BFUSN4AIdk4C7-CkJx42XiDeFVDFQfjZ_UU3w0Q%3BFRa03QIdmue6-Ck7NfD5DsqaVDHdRY4BWD9tAA%3BFUkr3AIds4G7-CldoYCkH66aVDFN6oBEgeYwxw%3BFUlT2gIdQjq9-Ckj1yZym6SaVDEwE55IZ1hu7g%3BFclC1gIdHNrO-CmN-fikkk2aVDF-778K-5VPoQ%3BFRnv0wIdgY3T-CmZsw3SRMubVDE4BLdBMop5Ug&mra=ls&sll=48.069362,-121.89949&sspn=0.146369,0.41851&ie=UTF8&ll=48.090923,-120.967712&spn=1.170467,3.348083&t=h&z=9

Seems a bit much for a Rally Ride.

Now you have my attention. the 383 miles OPTION route is a good day for a group ride.  :D
I am not a show and shine motocyclist.  :29:

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:

Slybones said:
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:

Seems a bit much for a Rally Ride.

That's why we'll have shorter routes as well.

Ok, I'm more than a little confused now. The more I think about this event, the more confusing it is so I looked again. I wanted to ride two up from California, and meet up with two more guests to stay one night. We planned to have dinner on Saturday. I was told all participants must pay full price to have dinner on Saturday. Now when I go to the registration page, it says the event is now free to members.
I already paid $30 for myself, and $40 for one guest. By the old rules I still need to pay for two more guests. What's the dealio?

MrPepsi said:
Ok, I'm more than a little confused now. The more I think about this event, the more confusing it is so I looked again. I wanted to ride two up from California, and meet up with two more guests to stay one night. We planned to have dinner on Saturday. I was told all participants must pay full price to have dinner on Saturday. Now when I go to the registration page, it says the event is now free to members.
I already paid $30 for myself, and $40 for one guest. By the old rules I still need to pay for two more guests. What's the dealio?

Something is amiss.  I will check it out as soon as possible.  Please allow me some time, as I am currently at work.  This needs to be fixed.  Can you tell this is my first time doing this?

It's simple, Brent...

COG members pay $30. If your wife is an associate member, she pays $30. If she's not an associate member, she pays $40.

All non-members pay $40.

This fee gets you dinner on Saturday, commonly referred to as the the Rally Banquet (we used to be able to pull off dinner and a t-shirt for $30, but COL has gone up).

If your guests choke on the $40 for dinner Saturday (heh-heh) they can skip going to the banquet and eat elsewhere.

The rally itself has no charge - it's free. So your friends can come up and ride, bench race, etc. for no money if that's what they desire. We've had a few folks over the years who developed a reputation for this - Gene Kinzell comes to mind.  :D

Hopefully we get more folks signed up to cover the costs, but that ain't always the case.

Sigh.... the rally organizers used to be much better at explaining this  :-[

BTW, I just logged in and went through the motions of registering, didn't see this "members free" you mention - still $30.

Jim P.

JPavlis_CA said:
BTW, I just logged in and went through the motions of registering, didn't see this "members free" you mention - still $30.

Jim P.

See attached.

I'm sure its a fluke.
Not sure its worth it to me to ride all the way up there and have to pay $150 for dinner. :(

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 131
Poorly worded. Actually, I think it's always been like that because I noticed it back when the event info was first put up.

Why are you paying $150 for dinner? Your buddies have to be bribed to go with?

I'm looking at the time/distance/cost and my first instinct says I can't go. Although I'd really like to - it would be a chance to see some folks I haven't seen in years.

I felt it necessary to pay, because they really have no reason to come up to Winachee except for me.
Its my family, and they don't really have the funds to pay $40 each for a bbq.

Rally routes:

Usually in my experience the routes are available at registration.  :72:
Don't worry, be happy and ride.
Give the rally master a break as this is his first!!! We all learn thru experience. :08: lets work together.

danodemotoman said:
Rally routes:

Usually in my experience the routes are available at registration.  :72:
Don't worry, be happy and ride.
Give the rally master a break as this is his first!!! We all learn thru experience. :08: lets work together.

If they don't kill me I'll be stronger, right?  At least, that's what I'm hoping.

wasabi said:
Charlie, I hate to ask but what about t shirts
Will you have them at the rally
;D

I knew someone would ask.  Up to this point other ADs and previous ADs have told me not to bother with a t shirt, as it's a lot of work on top of a lot of work.  One thought I had was to go buy some plain white tees and a box of different colored Sharpie markers to let people make their own low-budget shirts, but that probably wouldn't satisfy most folks.  I'll see what I can throw together.

OK, first, let me extend my apologies for what a PITA it's been to register more than one person.  Adjustments have been made to the form, and now extra people can be added.  For anybody who wants to add guests or associate members, follow this link
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/Calendar.cfm?clubID=1328&mo=7&year=2011
and then click on the event listed Friday, the 22nd.  The event description will come up, and at the top of the text click the Member Registration button, and on the next page select Edit This Reservation.  Click the Edit tab at the bottom of the form, and the next page should be where you can add more people.  Let me know if this doesn't work for you.
  Again, my apologies to all who had to struggle through doing it the hard way.  Here's where I pull out my FNG hat (again). ::)

One more tidbit to share.  Tomorrow, June 22nd, any unreserved rooms at the Super 8 get turned back to general population (sounds like prison).  If you want a room at the group rate, which is the same as a AAA discount, June 22nd will be your last chance.  And I'm not gonna wait until midnight to make the call, either, so don't procrastinate.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
One more tidbit to share.  Tomorrow, June 22nd, any unreserved rooms at the Super 8 get turned back to general population (sounds like prison).  If you want a room at the group rate, which is the same as a AAA discount, June 22nd will be your last chance.  And I'm not gonna wait until midnight to make the call, either, so don't procrastinate.

Done deal.  All unbooked rooms have been turned back to the general pool of rooms.  Anybody trying there now will need a AAA card or equivalent to get the same rate.

Here's another teaser route. ;)

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1401+North+Miller+Street,+Wenatchee,+WA+98801&daddr=Sunnyslope,+WA+to:Entiat,+WA+to:Navarre+Coulee+Road,+WA+to:47.823984,-120.2080702+to:Lake+Chelan+to:E+Woodin+Ave+and+N+Columbia+St+to:Azwell,+WA+to:pateros,+WA+to:WA-17+S+to:Bridgeport,+WA+to:Grand+Coulee,+WA+to:Coulee+City,+WA+to:Orondo,+WA+to:US+2+and+Blue+Grade+Rd+to:1401+North+Miller+Street,+Wenatchee,+WA+98801&hl=en&sll=47.453166,-120.29068&sspn=0.074521,0.209255&geocode=FWPm0wIdCwDU-CnXMxJmYsubVDGYCoOuIoVWIg%3BFQhh1AIdm87T-Cm79S-wUMqbVDEpAXqtg9-oMw%3BFTx61wId5sPV-ClBFeOfCgCbVDFTc_exZH07RQ%3BFYpQ2QIdXP3V-ClxYF0rmpibVDGi6jmZtzBEtQ%3BFXC82QIdOsXV-ClPy9LCS5-bVDHVhPiKEYAy9g%3BFVf_2QIdyzzY-CmN6N1goZubVDEqjcJCywa1dA%3BFcP62QIdjKbY-CmVBkslBZubVDHxfG5bCJZj6Q%3BFcZ22wIdMtna-ClXel9UPYGbVDGxieB7YAKZow%3BFSAz3QIdV2va-ClvWqh_w4GcVDHVDlE478ks5w%3BFT7U3QIdMBne-A%3BFQiM3AIdhPbd-CkJQYghQnycVDGxB_QIBp3log%3BFaWH2wIdJSfo-Cn1vuF2A0ecVDEYcARmii7OPA%3BFXh91gIdpr7j-CkZkJSvYwacVDE7874BwBAgMg%3BFeu21gIdt4HV-ClRli_5nbmbVDF1DVcipOGv0Q%3BFRxc1AIdk1zU-CnheRx4v8ubVDHbsD7JK41M6A%3BFWPm0wIdCwDU-CnXMxJmYsubVDGYCoOuIoVWIg&mra=ls&via=4&t=h&dirflg=d&z=12

Here's a short run up to a place that is closed for the season.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1401+North+Miller+Street,+Wenatchee,+WA+98801&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&ll=47.363013,-120.265274&spn=0.154413,0.41851&sll=47.293028,-120.408096&sspn=0.038654,0.104628&geocode=FWPm0wIdCwDU-CnXMxJmYsubVDGYCoOuIoVWIg%3BFVih0QIdhNjS-A&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=14&t=h&z=12

Here's an even shorter one with BBQ at the end of the rainbow.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1401+North+Miller+Street,+Wenatchee,+WA+98801&daddr=Country+Boys+BBQ,+400+Aplets+Way,+Cashmere,+WA+98815&hl=en&ll=47.523519,-120.468371&spn=0.009621,0.026157&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=45.957536,107.138672&geocode=FWPm0wIdCwDU-CnXMxJmYsubVDGYCoOuIoVWIg%3BFSQp1QId2sXR-CGxoJGAvWHX6in7e3QpK7WbVDERerGm3Cb_ew&mra=ls&t=h&z=16

Here's one to the No-Host (as in everybody pays their own way) Friday night dinner location for those who want to commune over burgers.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1401+North+Miller+Street,+Wenatchee,+WA+98801&daddr=Easy+St%2FE+Main+St&hl=en&ll=47.486788,-120.406401&spn=0.009628,0.026157&sll=47.485932,-120.406787&sspn=0.004814,0.013078&geocode=FWPm0wIdCwDU-CnXMxJmYsubVDGYCoOuIoVWIg%3BFdGY1AIdY6nS-A&mra=ls&t=h&z=16

I'm going to bed, now. :a012:

rk970 said:
I know it is only a week away, Does anybody have a camp site to share for a one person tent???
Rk

I don't know if anybody has one to share, but I would like to know if you want in on dinner and door prizes Saturday evening.  Let me know, and I'll get you on the list.  $30.00 for members.

In a week we'll be digesting dinner and having a good time in Wenatchee.  There are currently 30 people on the list, with one or two more maybes sitting on the fence.  A decent sized crowd. :06:

With some kind of delay on parts from MR Motorcyclers  :mad:  (never ordered from there before) The fork bushings have not arrived yet for the disassembled '01 C10 so may be riding the '08 KLR
Yeah some people have real problems!

rk970 said:
I know it is only a week away, Does anybody have a camp site to share for a one person tent???
Rk

You could just ride over to Confluence Park and ride around when you get there and ask.
They seem to be fully booked up. I had the same issue  :'(

There were spaces at Wenatchee Lake but that's a bit of a commute.
I think we are going to have to bite the bullet for a hotel for the four of us.

OK, I am with motoman in recommending that Charlie needs some slack. All I did was organize a local ride earlier this year and have second thoughts about even doing THAT again. I am just back from Guam and have taken Friday and the following Monday off so emailed Charlie with my "GO" signal to finally sign me up. Since I am big into "Dam Tour", I will be incorporating some of that into this weekend along with probably giving Colin and his beautiful wife Nancy some assistance in the way of transport of either equipment or passenger. If anyone is interested in DT, I'll try to snag some spare placards so that if anyone wants to sign up online at (www.damtour.com ), I'll have numbers for them to use right away.  :motonoises:

See you all then!

DamDan
COG 5420
DT 1006 (for my '06 C-10) & 1198 (for my '98 C-10)

I'm riding from Vancouver, BC.  Heading south on I-5 and then east on 20.  Anyone want to meet north of Seattle Friday morning and ride together?

Will most be heading home on Sunday? Who will be staying Sunday night and heading back on Monday?

I'll be going over Friday morning and coming back west on Monday, but I'll be pulling a trailer.  If your idea of a fun ride includes fast corners, leave me out. :03:

My plans are still in "flux" mode but may head NE, AM of Sunday, tag the dam at Sullivan Lake and then head back west on Hwy 20 to Upper Baker Dam and spend the night in the Sedro Woolley area before heading south on Monday. Something to "think about".

DamDan

I am staying at the TravelLodge, cheaper! About three blocks? from HQ.
Old fashioned motel, parking in front of the motel room door.

Colin said:
rk970 said:
Rk

You could just ride over to Confluence Park and ride around when you get there and ask.
They seem to be fully booked up. I had the saem issue  :'(

There were spaces at Wenatchee Lake but that's a bit of a commute.
I think we are going to have to bite the bullet for a hotel for the four of us.

Doug_Smith_BC said:
I'm riding from Vancouver, BC.  Heading south on I-5 and then east on 20.  Anyone want to meet north of Seattle Friday morning and ride together?

Will most be heading home on Sunday? Who will be staying Sunday night and heading back on Monday?

DamDan, The CFO and I will be heading over Hwy2 Saturday Am if you want to hook up.
However we plan to head out before 9:00. Assuming I can get the CFO and the boyz up and running LoL.

Another route, this one good for lunch in Winthrop.  Some folks favor 3 Finger Jack's Saloon right on the corner at the 4-way stop, but I don't recall ever eating anything I didn't like in Winthrop.  Save room for ice cream from the stand kitty-corner to 3 Finger Jack's.  It's finger lickin' good.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1401+North+Miller+Street,+Wenatchee,+WA&daddr=176+Riverside+Avenue,+Winthrop,+WA+98862+(Three+Fingered+Jacks+Saloon)+to:Azwell,+WA+to:Apple+Acres+Road,+Chelan,+WA+to:East+Woodin+Avenue,+Chelan,+WA+to:Navarre+Coulee+Road,+Chelan,+WA+to:winesap,+wa+to:Sunnyslope,+WA+to:1401+North+Miller+Street,+Wenatchee,+WA&hl=en&sll=47.959745,-120.10566&sspn=1.221253,3.348083&geocode=FWPm0wIdCwDU-CnXMxJmYsubVDGYCoOuIoVWIg%3BFaK34wId6RzW-CF3eqNWv7lssimHMN2uq6-cVDEiCxNZCPdMkw%3BFcZ22wIdMtna-ClXel9UPYGbVDGxieB7YAKZow%3BFSXR2gIdN9TZ-CkpduXmcoSbVDF61r2csD6l3w%3BFeDq2QId22fY-CmH1IYOqJubVDFEa-jcLja95g%3BFdYg2gIdMMbV-CnlpfIBHZ-bVDEl3lVXdb9M4g%3BFdjA2AIdceTV-CkdwLPb6qKbVDFbpJpfCyAtBw%3BFQhh1AIdm87T-Cm79S-wUMqbVDEpAXqtg9-oMw%3BFWPm0wIdCwDU-CnXMxJmYsubVDGYCoOuIoVWIg&mra=ls&t=h&z=9

And the ever-important Saturday Night Dinner and Door Prize Extravaganza, at the Applewood Grill, 29 North Columbia St.  Be there about 6pm with your serial-numbered wrist band and come equipped for fun.
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1401+North+Miller+Street,+Wenatchee,+WA&daddr=Applewood+Grill,+North+Columbia+Street,+Wenatchee,+WA&hl=en&sll=47.959745,-120.106265&sspn=1.221253,3.348083&geocode=FWPm0wIdCwDU-CnXMxJmYsubVDGYCoOuIoVWIg%3BFdCq0wId3DPU-CGCHqHuT875JSlnOCZwlMybVDE-cZQsZ3E9fg&mra=ls&t=h&z=15

Charlie, we will not be arriving until Saturday but we will in fact be in time for dinner.
Hopefully we can figure out where to go to get our wrist bands when we arrive.
There will be four of us on three bikes.