• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2011 & Plugging the evap at the throttle body

While you are waiting for a knowledgeable answer about your specific request....May I ask why you don't want to go the easy route and just plug the hose at the evap' canister?

running the bike with no fairings. I want to hide & eliminate all the excess

Yep that explains it. (y);)
Thanks for the answer, I wish I could help.

Last edited:
I believe you may be able to access the rear of the airbox and reach in and plug the hose from the inside if you remove the right cover plate under the gas tank (and have small hands). But it probably isn't much less work than pulling off the right side panel and doing it from the right side.

large.jpg

BTW, whatever method you use to plug the hose, make sure your plug can can't come loose and get sucked into the throttle body. You'll need to find some way to secure it.

Last edited: