• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2012 Honda CRF250L

I was browsing the web and came upon a surprise.  I guess I have not been keeping up with what is new.  Looks like Honda will be replacing the vulnerable air cooled CRF230L with the new for 2012 CRF250L duel sport.  This will bring Honda into the 250cc modern dual sport game witch the CRF230L was seriously lacking. 

According to my dealer the 250cc duel sport class is one of the hottest selling segments currently witch is actually not saying much as all sales are still down at least for them.  They are usually not to terribly expensive to buy new although I still find them a bit steep but then what is not now days?  They have enough power for most uses and can go down the freeway.  They are light and can handle very well.  They can be taken off road and since they are small and light can do things a KLR650 could not.  Last but not least they return some pretty incredible fuel economy.  Supposedly Honda is shooting for 75 mpg and with fuel injection should be near bullet proof when starting. 

Price is expected to be about 6 grand witch is pretty steep in reality but again what is not now days?  I wonder if the motor is sourced from the new CBR250R?

I have a desire for one of these quarter liter bikes to bomb around town on.  Probably make an downright awesome commuter bike as well.  Likely not going to happen though and its really not needed but I do find these 250cc dual sports interesting.  It would be nice to see this level of advancement make its way up to the 650cc class dual sport bikes. 

I guess the BIG question is will it be coming to the States?  This is not currently known but speculation says it will be...someday!!

Here is some good pictures here..

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/35817-2012-Honda-CRF250L?s=a5b3ed77bd8c8caf3b7925dc05ffc1da