• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2013 Bun Cooler

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
Bob Rainy was looking for someone to room with. I don't know if he found someone. You might give him a call.
Dave Linden emailed me this morning. Him and I talked on the phone, and he is happy to split the bill with me instead of camping. :great:

Thanks Jim,

Tom

I am staying at a great little motel in Orofino and have a two bed room for just me. Anyone that wants to move in can do so by buying dinner Friday night at the motel which is only $13 for you to burn your own steak with all provided. Just bring beer!  : )  I'll only drink one or two since I plan on a lot of riding Saturday. Send me a PM in the next 24 hours or give me a call. My # is in the directory.

I pulled into L & C Resort about 2:00 and for the life of me could not figure out how Jay beat me here. 
:beer:

Gumby said:
I pulled into L & C Resort about 2:00 and for the life of me could not figure out how Jay beat me here. 

:))

Nope, not me...

But it's great to see more green in the world!  :great:

Jim,If you say it,I believe it.THANKS for the foward thinking and COG spirit and of course for all of your ahem,expertise with the tire removal,AND everything else.And espescially your wifes help. Jim,We shall ride again(if you allow)  J.C.  ps:your alright jim

looper said:
Jim,If you say it,I believe it.THANKS for the foward thinking and COG spirit and of course for all of your ahem,expertise with the tire removal,AND everything else.And espescially your wifes help. Jim,We shall ride again(if you allow)  J.C.  ps:your alright jim
Did something bad happen, or something really bad?  :rotflmao:

one rider left the roadway on the way to the bun cooler, NO INJURIES.It was dramatic however.My bike:looper: suffered a blind rock front tire puncture alot of help came to assist me immedietly so thanks out to them and anyone else having anything to do with that.good karma all around.THANK YOUALL Jack Carney.

Jack, I'm happy to see you made it home ok... Gotta credit Jim for some fast thinking on getting a tire. Maybe next year we avoid Route 14...  ;)

Oh, and don't forget you have a burned out low beam.

Once again, the Bun Cooler became an adventure for some of us! I hope everyone else got back home without incident!!!

I hope everyone had a good time. It is amazing how everyone wants to come to the rescue of someone with a problem. That is the COG spirit.

I made reservations for next year for the weekend after Memorial Day again. You can book your rooms any time. I also ordered sunny weather. Sometimes the farmers order rain, but if you beat them to it you can get sunshine.

ZG said:
:TPIWWP:

>:D
It may take me a day or two to get through my videos and compile something worth watching, but here is start. Post up your pictures I would like to include them in my videos.

Here is Dan washing his car tire.  :rotflmao:

Jim, be assured I had a good time hanging with like thinking people, good food, nice weather and a "small" amount of humor. I reserved a room already same place same time for next year.

I also wanted to thank you for the great job you did making the Bun Cooler a success and the miracle you were able to pull off after a member getting a non repairable flat. Finding a tire on a late Saturday afternoon with a Sunday mounting out in the middle of no place was great work.  I defiantly want you on my side when difficulties arise. 

Reference the bicycle who got pulled over......The Deputy who stopped the bicycle had breakfast at Lewis and Clark Sunday morning after most had left. He said he asked the bicyclist to stay on or to the right of the fog line. (something about State Law)  He said he went up the road turned around and then found the bicyclist to be 3 feet into the lane when he came by him the other way. Apparently the bicyclist did not receive a second warning.

Made it back home to central Alberta this afternoon. Ended up riding in so much rain, hail and wind I felt like a storm chaser. Just South of Cutbank Montana was a Thunder storm cell that provided me with an up close look at a lightening strike (less than a quarter mile), soft hail and crazy heavy rain. Of course being central North Montana there was no where to hide. Stayed in Cutbank overnight and light rain to the Canadian border with a major downpour on the Canadian side to welcome me home. Rain stopped 50 miles North of Lethbridge and roads dried up and it got really pleasant.
    Would like to thank Jim and all his helpers for the great weekend and all they did for us.

I had a great time as well thanks Jim!

Met some new folks, reconnected with others I hadn't seen in years (or days in some cases...)

Rode some great roads and it was a wonderful party, hope to see everyone next year.

Tim- put me down to split he room again!

Wayne, you got it! I think we should meet up with the guys from Tri Cities next year for the ride in. I rode through Starbuck with them on the way home. They had an interesting route which would rival some of the great roads we rode on our way to and from Elk City. 

additional Album pics @
http://danodemotoman.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/NWCOG/2013-22nd-NWCOG-Bun-Cooler/29791180_ZfnFpB#!i=2556405080&k=H3FJJRP
007-M.jpg

Gumby said:
ZG said:
:TPIWWP:

>:D
It may take me a day or two to get through my videos and compile something worth watching, but here is start. Post up your pictures I would like to include them in my videos.[/URL]

Here are some of my photos -
Add'l photos at http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,43743.0.html

starting tire repair, or maybe advising on tire repair.
June22013079.jpg

Here's the bike awaiting tire and mounting
June22013094.jpg

note the remains of the shattered rock that caused the problem.

And here is the awards ceremony
June22013083.jpg