• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2013 Ky Daniel Boone National Forest Ride Sept. 6-8

dreambike

Training Wheels
Ride headquarters will be at Abner's Motel in Stanton, Ky and I have held the same block of rooms this year.  All the rooms are two double beds and include fridgerater/microwave.  Please reserve your room in advance.  **Special Promotion**Anyone that attends and reserved their room at Abner's by August 7,2013 will receive a free gift.  Abner's cancellation policy: let them know within 24 hours of check in and there is no charge.  Credit card info is required to hold the room but will not be charged until check in.  A discount rate will be given to us if we use several rooms.  Last year was $55.00 a night.  Bring a friend and split the cost.  You must tell them you are with the COG RIDE to get the correct rooms or if you are a smoker there are smoking rooms available.  Smoking rooms are also discounted.  Here is a link to their website. 

http://lilabnermotel.com/Abnersinstanton.html

There are no fees, t-shirts or provided meals for this event.  Speaking of food, Abner's is within walking distance to several good restaurants.  That's usually where we gather to eat each night and I'm sure they appreciate the business.  There is a local drag strip five minutes away, drive-in theatre two minutes away, rappelling, guided rock climbs and several other attractions which are listed on the motel link above. 

For those of you who have not attended, I will have some homemade maps of the area that have all the good stuff marked.  You can create your own adventure or join up with other attendees, either way you just can't go wrong with this area.  I will be showing up Thursday evening and ready to ride Friday morning. 

Thanks to everyone who attended last year and I hope to see you again this year.  Larry, KyAAD

I wouldn't miss it. Great roads and great people. If you are thinking about attending a ride this is a good one. The Hotel is more than adequate and clean. The area makes for an excellent ride. See you there.

T-shirts??? We don't need no stinkin' tee-shirts!...
I'll plan on it Larry! I may or may not stay at Abner's only because I live so close(Cave Run Lake), but I'll definitely come down and ride with you all for a day or two... Don't know how everyone's routes will be planned, or on what days what folks will ride where, but if anybody thinks they may want to swing northeast to see that end of DBNF, I can point to the curviest/most scenic roads and I will also have a grill at the shop for a burgers 'n dogs lunch.? I'm only about 25 miles from Abner's as the crow flies- The real beauty of riding around here is that you can ride 300 or 400 miles in a day(all great roads & not the same one twice!) and still never be more than 50 miles from where you're roostin' that night! I'll be lookin' forward to it.  -Jesse

Count me in!!
As always a great time. Inexpensive lodging, excellent budget friendly food, awesome roads and great company.
Abner's owns another motel in the area (about 13 miles away) that has a pool we can use.
Will there be another corn hole tournament?

Lance

It's great to hear from you guys!  Hello Jesse, it's nice to have a local shop and member around during a ride.  We will meet up at some point during the ride.  Last year we could have used your services for a tire change, maybe this year too.  I'll PM you for info. 

Lance, been doing any riding?

Larry

Tires are no problem. If anybody ends up needing something I should have us covered-
I hope it won't be necessary, but I do have a truck & trailer for worst case scenarios. :sign0135:
Thanks Larry, and everyone out there please feel free to contact me beforehand if I can help out in any way. Look forward to it!

Hey Larry,

Only have ridden a few times this year :'(  Lots of steady rain, it seems like every afternoon and ALWAYS on my off days.  I'll be moving to a huge house with a 2 1/2 stall garage next month.. No ore Bat Cave (storage unit) for the bike. Hoping to get a lift in there and than maybe I'll schedule a wrench'in session? Can't wait to get to gather and tear up the twists with you guys.

Have fun at the National...Be Safe.

Lance

I'd like to get in on this ride, but since I'll be on the road for two months, need to find someone to $plit a room with. PM me here if that might work for you, or at my COG email address > sead@cog-online.org <
Failing that, there's pretty good camping at $10.50/ night close by. Thanks...    Al

Uh Larry you forgot to mention the http://www.kyreptilezoo.org/ is just down the road at the next exit. I'm sure it just slipped your mind. Don and I will make the ride again this year. Oh no, he bought a VStrom too. We'll probably start out with you guys but may incorporate some gravel roads into our ride. If anybody wants to ride over from Louisville, Don and I have a great route that includes a ride across the Valley View Ferry (est. 1780) and the Kentucky River. For the undecided, decide NOW! This is one great ride, clean comfortable accommodations, good food, a pace to suit most and GREAT nearly endless roads. Don't miss it!

I hate to miss this ride, but.... I'll be out on a long one to include the ID rally, so I've decided to stay out West and take in the Rainier/Mt ST Helens area for a few extra weeks. thanks to all for the offer to split a roon, but Mt Rainier Nat Pk is calling me.                 
Maybe I'll see some of you at the Spider Ride in MO.      Al

Gary, glad to hear you guys are going.  I'm thinking about bringing the klr for some gravel myself.  I recently got Larry to ride deals gap and parsons branch road on my other klr i had at the time.  I don't think he is as fond of gravel as I am.  :D  Al sorry to here that your not going to make it but youll enjoy Tony's spider ride also wish I could make both myself but daughters birthday falls on that weekend.

Kevin, what's up?  I hope you guys have a good ride this year!  I hate having to miss it...  I'll be looking for some pictures!

I hate to miss the 5th annual KDB ride, but I will still be somewhere out west, probably southern Utah by Sept 6.

Hope you all have a great time.

David S
2008 C-14

Hey all-
My buddy and I are planning to ride our C14s down to Abner's early Saturday morning(the 7th). I don't know what attendance will be like or who's planning to ride where that day, but I've got a route mapped out that heads northeast through DBNF to Cave Run Lake and then over east of Morehead to hit a couple of the REALLY good twisties. >:D
Also don't know if this is an early bird crowd or not, but if we're on the road from Abner's by around 9, the whole route can be done by 1 or so. All are welcome afterwards at my shop for a burgers 'n dogs late lunch. If anyone happens to have any mechanical issues/problems I should also have the resources to give some help then as well. Really looking forward to it, and if anyone wants specific route details our more info, just let me know. Stay safe, Jesse

If anyone plans on being in Stanton Friday morning, please post up.  If you don't post, I may not show up til Friday afternoon.  Looks like most will be there Friday evening.  Larry

HI,
The ride was great, It was a small group but it was fun. Kevin lead us through some good roads .It was fun meeting the new cogger and the old  coggers .Thanks for setting it up.

Had a really good time as well! Good roads, good weather, good guys-
Thanks for getting this ride together Larry, and thanks again for breakfast Jay! :great:
Look forward to doing it again next year-

:)ooops did I say Kevin (NO SHOW KEVIN) ..I meant Klee. You are welcome any time Jessie. I hope that the musical evening was fun.