• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2013 Northwest Regional

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
It's here!  http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=182048&mo=7&tDate={d%20%272013-07-24%27}

The details have yet to be fleshed out as far as hotel and food goes, but the date and location is on the calendar.  July 12th-14th in Stevenson, WA.  Come ride roads people in other parts of the country can only read about in magazines or books.  Roads like these in the videos.

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,36338.msg198365.html#msg198365

Mark you calendars.  Better yet, register for the event when you follow the first link and you'll get e-mail reminders as the event approaches.  Check it out as time passes to see which details have been sorted out.

Same weekend as Hells Canyon Rally?  Might work for me as I am committed Sunday but Saturday I should be able to come up. I was not really wanting to leave Baker City Saturday to be at another event Sunday.

I'll plan on it! Especially since I had recently decided NOT to join in on Hell's Canyon MC Rally this year.

OK, I stopped in Stevenson on Thursday and talked to the manager at the Rodeway Inn.  He has 15 rooms available, and if we book ALL 15 rooms we will get a group rate.  Most of the rooms have two beds, but there are two larger rooms that sleep more than two.  The rooms that have two double beds normally go for $80 a night, but if we take all 15 rooms they will go for $72 a night.  The rooms with two queens are normally $89 a night, but the group rate will be $80.  The two larger rooms normally rent for well over a hundred a night, but if we take all the rooms both nights those rooms will also go for $80.  The cancellation cut-off date is June 11th, so any rooms not taken by then will be released from the block and be open to first come first serve.  If you make a reservation and cancel after June 11th, you will be billed for at least one night if the room doesn't get rented out to someone else.  If they can fill the room there is no penalty assessed.  In order to get the group rate you have to call this number (503) 960-5051 and speak to Kay.  He is the General Manager.  Tell him you are with COG and he will set you up.

chuckersconnie said:
I've got a double bed room on July 12/13 for the Northwest Regional.  Anybody looking to share a room?

Chuckerconnie

I'll take you up on that offer if you can put up with me.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Great!  I'll try to not show up with a bunch of newsletters.

HEY!  I worked hard on those newsletters :'( -- OH WAIT!  It will be time for a new one by then and you SHOULD be taking Newsletters with you  ;)

Kari

Tigger said:
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:

HEY!  I worked hard on those newsletters :'( -- OH WAIT!  It will be time for a new one by then and you SHOULD be taking Newsletters with you  ;)

Kari

You missed the fold-and-stuff party at the last regional.  :06:  Chuck and Nancy helped me collate, fold and stuff about 45 newsletters into envelopes.  It was a blast.  :great:

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Tigger said:
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:

Kari

You missed the fold-and-stuff party at the last regional.  :06:  Chuck and Nancy helped me collate, fold and stuff about 45 newsletters into envelopes.  It was a blast.  :great:

DARN!!  That would have been fun!  :beerchug:  How'd they look after a few adult beverages??  LOL!

How about some details Charlie? Like place and time for dinner, etc.
I'm splitting my time between this and HCMR.

DamDan said:
How about some details Charlie? Like place and time for dinner, etc.
I'm splitting my time between this and HCMR.

I'm cooking up a plan for something really informal and fun.  I have to touch bases with Darrell first, but plan for dinner on Saturday evening.

"Saturday", I figured!!  :-[    About what time? I don't want to have to slab it all the way from Baker City so need to know to plan riding time for arrival in time for dinner. And, where?

Not going to be back in time for this, registration cancelled.
Heading out tomorrow on the KiLeR for the COBDR. After that stopping near Denver to visit best HS bud after 45 years!
Rocky Mtn High, Colorado!

Darrell know that he's feeding us? LOL

Got the GPS for Darrell's place? I've been there, once, a couple of years ago but the memory isn't what it used to be and there's been about 60K under my wheels since then. Others may appreciate GPS/address also.

DamDan said:
Darrell know that he's feeding us? LOL

Got the GPS for Darrell's place? I've been there, once, a couple of years ago but the memory isn't what it used to be and there's been about 60K under my wheels since then. Others may appreciate GPS/address also.

He knows now.  ;D
Darrell's house is located at 171 Sanjen Lane.  http://goo.gl/maps/wEaC7
From the Rodeway, go west on 14 about 200 yards and turn right on Columbia St. Turn right at the T intersection, and follow the curve around the left and keep curving left when you see the little traffic control triangle in the intersection. Follow Kanaka Creek Road up the hill out of town, and turn right on Baker Road.  Go about 1/4 mile, and Sanjen is on the right.  Sanjen is a dirt road, so don't set any speed records turning off of Baker.  Darrell's house is all the way down on the right.
Sorry, but I don't have GPS coordinates.

We plan to have a designated driver for Saturday night, so anybody who does not want ride back to the hotel after dinner has a way back.

TimR said:
If someone is looking for a roommate, I might join in on the fun. TimR

If nobody with a hotel room pipes up, come on down anyway.  Darrell has space for overflow.

Not sure if I'm going to make it.  I have a couple of small issues (no speedo and flaky starter) that I need to fix before I'm going to want to get on the road.  Hopefully I can get these knocked out by next weekend.  Hopefully I'll make it out.  I'm in the Portland area so Stevenson is close enough for a day trip.  For those of you who haven't ridden out there yet, I'd suggest riding out SR-14 on the Washington side.  A little more scenic and a bit twistier than I-84 on the Oregon side.  Also, if you try to cross the river at Cascade locks it's got one of those freaky steel grate decks on that bridge and it's a windy crossing usually so be cautious.

Hope to see you guys out there,

Will be there.  I like the idea of the designated driver to the barbeque!  Wife unfortunately had to cancel though.

Well, it looks like I'm only going to be able to make it on Saturday.

I'll be motoring over from Aloha Saturday morning.

Where/when would be a good time to meet folks?  At the hotel?

Also, if there's anyone else heading over on Saturday AM from the West side of PDX, let me know.

My first COG regional/rally...

Jeff

Don't know if I can make this one until the last minute. Connie is running badly and I need to get a shock for the Yamaha.

Udoggie said:
Well, it looks like I'm only going to be able to make it on Saturday.

I'll be motoring over from Aloha Saturday morning.

Where/when would be a good time to meet folks?  At the hotel?

Also, if there's anyone else heading over on Saturday AM from the West side of PDX, let me know.

My first COG regional/rally...

Jeff

Jeff I was thinking of running up Saturday only as well to meet some of they people. I would be coming from Battle Ground but would be willing to meet you if you wanted.

I'd love to come, always a good time at Darrell's but I don't think I can make it.

For those wondering, here are the coordinates to Darrell's place, 45.71225 -121.8831. Garmin addressing doesn't match up with actual addressing so depending on what map you are working with it may not like his address.

It's ok to head out to Darrell's Friday and camp right? Are there others that plan on throwing a tent in his backyard? From the looks of it he has plenty of space.  Nice looking place Darrel. :great:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=171+SanJen+Lane,+Stevenson,+WA&hl=en&ll=45.712248,-121.883256&spn=0.001046,0.00236&sll=47.272986,-120.882277&sspn=4.73348,13.216553&oq=171+Sanjen&t=h&hnear=SanJen+Ln,+Stevenson,+Washington+98648&z=20

Well, it looks like I won't be attending either. My kitchen commander will be out of town visiting our oldest daughter and grandkids. 

Campers are most definitely welcome at Darrell's, so don't worry about that.  Come on out and join the fun.  :06:

I'll be pulling in sometime before the BBQ, from Baker City via Burns, etc!

I may camp out instead of riding home to PDX after the BBQ.

I hope to meet a few more Oregon members while chowing down.

motovetro said:
Don't know if I can make this one until the last minute. Connie is running badly and I need to get a shock for the Yamaha.

You've only got two bikes?

It's 10:48 Wednesday night, and two briskets are seasoned and sitting in the fridge.  One is spicy and one is not, so everybody who wants some should be able to get what they want.  Tomorrow night late they will go into the smoker, and while I sleep :a012: they will slowly cook themselves :103: to perfection (I hope).  Friday morning they will be sliced and packed for transport to Darrell's fridge.  Saturday night should be good. :06: :campfire:

I had some of Charlie's brisket last year at Darrell's and it is worth riding a few hundred miles for.

Is everyone meeting and leaving Sat. from the motel or Darrell's?

Returned late last night from the KLR CO BDR trip (4500 mi and lots of gravel, f/r's and jeep  mtn passes)  a few days earlier than expected so will make this regional after all. A day of rest first.... OLD MEN RULE! LOL  :))

danodemotoman said:
Not going to be back in time for this, registration cancelled.
Heading out tomorrow on the KiLeR for the COBDR. After that stopping near Denver to visit best HS bud after 45 years!
Rocky Mtn High, Colorado!

TURN and BURN as Charlie says!
Have just made reg at hotel for room with two queen beds.
So ifn someone needs a room mate to share let me know or just show up!

2nd bed taken!
Jim Pavlis is coming!  ;)

danodemotoman said:
TURN and BURN as Charlie says!
Have just made reg at hotel for room with two queen beds.
So ifn someone needs a room mate to share let me know or just show up!

PaleRider said:
Is there a Saturday Ride planned? If So what time are kickstands up and from where?

+1...  :popcorncouple:

If I can make it it would only be for Saturday day.  ???

The main ride day is Saturday.  We'll probably be rolling out of the Rodeway parking lot about 9am.  Dinner is 6:30ish at Darrell's.  The briskets are in the smoker.

Dealing with 2 bikes today. The Connie needs some troubleshooting and maintenance. I am considering something new for next year. Time to sell the old one.

Stopped at the store on the way to Darrel's.

Two old geezers roll up on GSXR 1000's

BS session out back

I didn't even have to set up my tent. Me and the geezers are sleeping in the Airstream.  :D

Keep the pictures comin'. It's almost as good as being there. Well, okay, maybe not. You've got some great roads in store for ya tomorrow. Roll that tape. News at eleven. 
.... and me, stuck in Chase with a buggered back!!!! but then I see you have your Canuck quotient already filled<g>. Ya best stay away from those guys. They're a little "off". LOL.
D.

Nanook said:
but then I see you have your Canuck quotient already filled. Ya best stay away from those guys. They're a little "off". LOL.
D.
You can say that again.  :))

For those of you that stayed in bed, y'all missed a great ride today. I'll work on a movie when I get home.

Augusta left his Gixxer in Darrel's garage, I think I need to borrow for a week.  :motonoises:

It was GREAT!
Thanks to Charlie for organizing, Darrell for hosting and leading main group ride. Darrell's gracious loan of his car was helpful shuttling attendees from/ back to motel and Darrrells home for the dinner PARTAY!
Charlie also did the food organizing and Darrell's sis Deb was a great help with the food layout!
The weather was good too and the riding was fun.

Cool beans, Gumby! Thanks for sharing the pics. I made it there, from HCMR, in time for dinner and BS. Then on home to the tune of 624 miles that day. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Thanks for the work, Charlie and Big "D".    :great: