• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2013 SECOG Fall Rally/Natchez Trace Parkway Ride (Sept 27th-29th)

im working on getting everything ready and rounding up needed items.Boss AL has been cracking his whip and shouting commands.Its going to be a great rally,and im looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Some of the above statements may or may not be true.
Has anyone tried to bark commands at a retired police lieutenant.
It don't work. More like begging & pleading IMO.
Thanks Jack, for all of your work.                  Al

Uh, Al? Jack didn't say you were barking orders at him.  I PROMISE I'LL GET THE STUFF TO HIM, JUS' PLEASE DOAN HIT ME NO MO!  :'(

What's that Al?
The beatings will continue until the morale improves.......  :-\

ummmmm....... you've got to catche me first!!!  :nananana: :motonoises:  :D

Eddie_Bohanan_TN said:
so does everyone come in on that fri, or try to be all together for fri riding?

A few show up normally on Thursday for these events and get a head start.  The majority probably still come in on Friday...  Each day everyone just gets up and goes riding!  You will enjoy!

You have to do a reservation search for those dates.  $50.00 a night for a cabin that sleeps 4.  $75.00 a night for one that sleeps 8.  We had one of the cabins that sleeps up to 4 last year.  Really nice. :great:

Does everyone stay at the KOA, or is there a suggested Motel (nearby)?
Missed it last year.  I plan to do better this time!

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Does everyone stay at the KOA, or is there a suggested Motel (nearby)?
Missed it last year.  I plan to do better this time!

Ride safe, Ted

Everyone stays at the KOA. We do get a 25% rally discount, cabins & camping.

Cliff  :beerchug:

I checked with Janna at the NTWP.  She advised that cabins 1-10 are being renovated but we can get the cabins right next to them so that we can be in the same area and the tent campers can camp in the same space as last year.  To make reservations you can call the ranger station at 931 796-3211 or the office 931 796-3212 or go on line at http://koa.com/campgrounds/hohenwald/ .  Be sure to tell them you are with the COG rally so she will know to give you the group rate.  Kenny Durham will be singing for us again on Saturday night after the BBQ dinner.  Gwynn has put up 13 gallons blueberries for more cobblers and breakfast goodies.  Boss AL will be buying the beer whether he knows it or not so everyone please come and make him buy a lot.

Looks to be a great event just like last year. Only difference being no attempt at dancing for this kid  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :great:

Was that what you were trying to do? I thought you had a wasp up your pants or something. : :-\    :-[  rotflmao: :rotflmao:

the folks at the park said something about a dancing bear that was there last year- does anybody know anything about that???? i dont remember no bear......

ltmcvickers said:
the folks at the park said something about a dancing bear that was there last year- does anybody know anything about that???? i dont remember no bear......

I'm with you - I don't wanna remember, either... 

Hey gents.  My first time on the forum.  I was thinking of attending the Fall Rally and had some questions.  I have 35yrs riding experience, not offended by anything and enjoy a cold beer.  What should I expect at the event?  Will there be a lot of riding?  I live in Tampa and dont want to drive up to sit all day.  What about lodging and meals?  What does the majority do?  Looking forward to some replies.......  Kawiboy

Hey Kawiboy..come on up.  Great back roads and scenic highways to ride, lots to see, Jack Daniels and a couple more distilleries not far away.  Several motorcycle shops with lots of vintage stuff...great ride up the end of the Natchez Trace to the Lovelace Cafe which is not far from downtown Nashville.  Last year there was never a dull moment with lots of great folks attending.  You can camp or rent a cabin and we have a reserved area just for us. The food and entertainment is fantastic on Saturday night.  The local Kawasaki shop has an open house and possibly a demo C-14 to try out.  Plenty of coffee each morning...and my wife makes biscuits or something for a snack before we ride out.  Al builds a great campfire every night and some of us have down a few cold ones. 

I had a great time last year, injured back and everything. I'm going to try my best at getting down there again this year, back is good but as I type this there's a cast on my left wrist from a procedure last week, should be good by then.  Hope to see you all again this year.

We have professional entertainment on Saturday night, and I think it DOES have a banjo in the group. I'll have to check with Jack McVickers on that.    Al

It is rumored that Teri Conrad, editior of ROK's magazine ACCELERATE, may be there too.  She may have caught SECOG fever at RWTW.  :motonoises:

Ranger Jim said:
It is rumored that Teri Conrad, editior of ROK's magazine ACCELERATE, may be there too.  She may have caught SECOG fever at RWTW.  :motonoises:

Hmmm, sounds serious.  The only known cure is a combination therapy of great people, campfires, and adult beverages...

Well, that, and an odd joke or two, of course!  :)

Volcantour said:
Ranger Jim said:

Hmmm, sounds serious.  The only known cure is a combination therapy of great people, campfires, and adult beverages...

Ranger Jim said:
Tom, you are certainly the man for the odd joke.  :rotflmao:

Didn't think you'd be able to resist that one    :nananana:  :))

Volcantour said:
Volcantour said:
Ranger Jim said:

Ranger Jim said:

you gotta watch out for Tom, he is a master baiter  :rotflmao:

COGnosticat0r said:
Volcantour said:
Volcantour said:
Ranger Jim said:

Ranger Jim said:

you gotta watch out for Tom, he is a master baiter  :rotflmao:

Maybe we should get him a shirt  >:D
master_bait_and_tackle_weyauwega_tshirts-r74665c6680094068b9f01a951352eb1f_va6pw_512.jpg

Gloom,,,, Looks like I'm out for the Ride. :mad:
It's just to close to my return from the National to Travel that far.
(In other words, no money and no time)

I was really looking forward to seeing the Trace, :great:    the group,  :beerchug:    and "the dance".  (NOT)  :-\

Ride safe, Ted

Ted,
Just dig a little deeper for the time & money. This was a very good ride last year, great location, food & roads. Even with the dancing I can see this ride growing in size over time. Very good turn out last year for a first time ride.

Anybody that's on the fence about this ride should reconsider, AL & his crew do a bang up job.

After attending the VBR, Nationals, Spider ride & then the Trace I will be stretched very thin for time & money. But what the heck life's short, ride hard!

Cliff    :beerchug:

That's telling him Cliff. You and I are going to be living large for awhile. Bike is up in the air getting coolant and oil change today. Ready to rock & roll buddy?

Yep I'm ready, more than you know. Wife say's I haven't been riding enough & I'm getting cranky, so yes it's time to go.
You're the one living large, retired, riding months at a time all fat & happy. But for 6 week's I'll be pretending to be living large with a big fat smile on my face!

Registration for this event is running a little slow, so here are a few teasers to get you off your hands and signed up;
Teri Conrad, editor-in-chief of ROK is signed up, so here's a chance to get to know a great West coast gal that is an accomplished rider, writer and photographer. There's a great BBQ that's catered for us at our rally site, and the cost is built into your magnanimous sum of $9.99 registration. There will be an opportunity to have you and your bike photographed by a professional. It could be your chance to really look good. We have professional entertainment coming in for Saturday night. That was VERY popular last year. There's a free burger and dog supper on Friday night. Great riding in the middle of the Natchez Trace Parkway. Great and inexpensive camping. The possibility for financial freedom by winning the SECOG 50/50 raffle. Being with friends for food, frivolity, fun and fire.    Al

IronButtAl said:
Registration for this event is running a little slow, so here are a few teasers to get you off your hands and signed up;
Teri Conrad, editor-in-chief of ROK is signed up, so here's a chance to get to know a great West coast gal that is an accomplished rider, writer and photographer. There's a great BBQ that's catered for us at our rally site, and the cost is built into your magnanimous sum of $9.99 registration. There will be an opportunity to have you and your bike photographed by a professional. It could be your chance to really look good. We have professional entertainment coming in for Saturday night. That was VERY popular last year. There's a free burger and dog supper on Friday night. Great riding in the middle of the Natchez Trace Parkway. Great and inexpensive camping. The possibility for financial freedom by winning the SECOG 50/50 raffle. Being with friend for food, frivolity, fun and fire.    Al

Al,

Maybe part of the problem is that the contact number on the calender (800-562-8693) is to a "Talk" line, one of America's Most Exciting, by the way. The number from the web site is (800-562-2793). You may want to change the number.

Kurt

MotoCommuter said:
IronButtAl said:
Teri Conrad, editor-in-chief of ROK is signed up, so here's a chance to get to know a great West coast gal that is an accomplished rider, writer and photographer. There's a great BBQ that's catered for us at our rally site, and the cost is built into your magnanimous sum of $9.99 registration. There will be an opportunity to have you and your bike photographed by a professional. It could be your chance to really look good. We have professional entertainment coming in for Saturday night. That was VERY popular last year. There's a free burger and dog supper on Friday night. Great riding in the middle of the Natchez Trace Parkway. Great and inexpensive camping. The possibility for financial freedom by winning the SECOG 50/50 raffle. Being with friend for food, frivolity, fun and fire.    Al

Al,

Maybe part of the problem is that the contact number on the calender (800-562-8693) is to a "Talk" line, one of America's Most Exciting, by the way. The number from the web site is (800-562-2793). You may want to change the number.

Kurt

Thanks Kurt!

I added this to my first post of this thread.

ltmcvickers said:
I checked with Janna at the NTWP.  She advised that cabins 1-10 are being renovated but we can get the cabins right next to them so that we can be in the same area and the tent campers can camp in the same space as last year.  To make reservations you can call the ranger station at 931 796-3211 or the office 931 796-3212 or go on line at http://koa.com/campgrounds/hohenwald/ .  Be sure to tell them you are with the COG rally so she will know to give you the group rate.  Kenny Durham will be singing for us again on Saturday night after the BBQ dinner.  Gwynn has put up 13 gallons blueberries for more cobblers and breakfast goodies.  Boss AL will be buying the beer whether he knows it or not so everyone please come and make him buy a lot.
Since this thread is getting a little long, and I can't seem to correct the erroneous phone numbers, this will help with that. Don't forget to mention COG to get your 25% discount on ALL camping options.  Al

Has anyone reserved a cabin yet and have an open spot for someone who's willing to split the cost?  :)

Hey Al, you camping or renting a cabin?

I think someone needs to call Thousand Trails KOA to make sure their people know about our group. I spoke to two ladies, one yesterday and one today and neither was aware of our group. The one yesterday was suppose to call me back but never did. Called this morning and basically made her talk to the business manager so she could book the cabin and apply the discount. They seem a little disorganized.

Kurt

The office # is 931-796-3212. Ask for Jana she knows of our group & the 25% discount.

There you go. I just emailed Jack about this and came back to the page to find this. Call the office and talk to Jana to eliminate any confusion. She did this last year for us.    Al

The registration page has been corrected to show only the office number, which is Jana's phone. Had to get a forum administrator to make the change, as it wouldn't allow me to make it. Thanks for everyone's input.    Al

IronButtAl said:
The registration page has been corrected to show only the office number, which is Jana's phone. Had to get a forum administrator to make the change, as it wouldn't allow me to make it. Thanks for everyone's input.    Al

There's probably a reason for that....and I bet it's a good one, too!  ;)

Well, guess I'm the moron then. But, in my defense, the COG registration page does have "Please use the 1-800 number, and mention you're with the COG group to get your discount."  So, maybe I'm the confused moron or maybe its just old timers setting in.

Sorry, but I guess my expectations are too high as the industry I work in is very customer service oriented. I was more concerned with the lack of follow up with the first person. But on the positive side, they did have all my contact information in their system from last year.

But no worries, I do have a cabin reserved.

Kurt

Kurt, also in your "defense", you kept at it until things got fixed. Sometimes the worm turns slow when there's a volunteer base effecting changes, and I think this was the case here. I've been spending way too much time on member recruitment, but that continues to pay off. Sorry I took too long to get this fixed. Never had to get a forum admin to fix something like this before. Hope I don't get fired for this..................

Al, no worries. Like I said, my customer service expectation is higher, especially from those businesses in hospitality.

In regards to COG, my expectations are not very high as it is a volunteer organization. Not saying that in a bad way, I too am a volunteer in other organizations, and know how it is as you have to take care of you and family first and then everything else is secondary.

Hey, looks like I'll be seeing you once a month for the next four months, don't know if that is a good or bad thing.

Kurt

Here the story and im sticking to it!!!!!The wilderness preserve is having major computer issues.So please call Jana to make your reservations. her number is 931-796-3212  the ranger station number is 931-796-3211 they can help but to get the group rate call Jana.If you have already made a reservation you might give her a call to make sure everything is good to go.Boss Al has severly lashed me and i hope that i have recovered enough to finish my assigned task without further beatings.By the way trust me i work for the government im here to help you!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info brother Jack

Teri Conrad, editor-in-chief of ROK is signed up, so here's a chance to get to know a great West coast gal that is an accomplished rider, writer and photographer. There's a great BBQ that's catered for us at our rally site, and the cost is built into your magnanimous sum of $9.99 registration. There will be an opportunity to have you and your bike photographed by a professional. It could be your chance to really look good. We have professional entertainment coming in for Saturday night. That was VERY popular last year. There's a free burger and dog supper on Friday night. Great riding in the middle of the Natchez Trace Parkway. Great and inexpensive camping. The possibility for financial freedom by winning the SECOG 50/50 raffle. Being with friends for food, frivolity, fun and fire.    Al

arghhhh
Al, your torturing me.
I (and probably many others) are getting ready for the National.
Won't know if I'll/we'll have the $$ till after.

Ride safe, Ted

Wahooo am going to the Fall rally and looking for a cabin mate or 2.

Standard cabin (smallest ) sleeps 4- open bunk style- bathroom and porch is separate/private.

Anyone interested in sharing???   

No, I don't snore..........well..maybe... not to much  anyway..... :rotflmao:

Just a thought....could do the camping thing..........

Hey Jo glad your coming up for the rally-its going to be a good one. we got a professional musician and his group on Saturday night belting out some of the oldies and moldies for us. Also the local Kawasaki motorcycle shop is having a open house for us Saturday with the possibility of demo rides on a c-14.And some of the best bbq you have ever had -Texas style-on Saturday night. Friday night Boss AL is firing up the grill and each morning ill be manning the coffee pots for everybody!!!looking forward to seeing you next month.

Have heard several times about all of the fun! Finally got the time off..well I've earned it but they have yet to say yes..should not be an issue. Looking forward to seeing all- tell Gwen I'll see her there.

:campfire:   

:cheer: :cheer:

Hey, just want to throw it out to all my Cogger FL friends, if you want to break up the trip, you can stay at my house on the way up or back. Live south of ATL, and its about 5 hours from here to Hohenwald. We have 3 extra bedrooms and a futon and sofas. Kay and I won't be leaving until Friday afternoon.

Kurt

BUMP BUMP

Now I know that not everyone in the southeast area is heading to the National Rally.

SO I'm guessing that a lot of you are going to make it to the Fall Rally AND that you
are just going to wait till closer to let us know right????
                                                :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:) ;)

See ya there!!

Jo,
It's a rampant case on non-registeritis, only cured by lots of chatter about fond memories of  :motonoises:, door prizes, food,  :campfire: and, ...... hmmmmm, what am I missing?  Oh yeah,  :beerchug:

Don't tell them about the door prizes, as a lot more of them will come and ruin my chances of winning!!!!!!    :mad:

Shoot...since Al might have some of them with him on the road..he might be tired of carrying them so then he'll get rid of them at The Trace....more for everyone.    ;) ;) >:D
:rotflmao:

Our recording date changed.  Gonna make this rally after all!!  Look forward to some good times, good rides, and good food. Dancing will be optional!  Will be arriving Thursday afternoon.  :motonoises: :beerchug:

Pappy and sue will be included also .can someone please call jack to have him add two to the dinner number
Oh.  By the way.  ID is fantastic

IronButtAl said:
Pappy and sue will be included also .can someone please call jack to have him add two to the dinner number

Oh, btw, thanks for pointing that out to the rest of us, Al.  :96: (wrong finger, but you get my drift)

Volcantour said:
IronButtAl said:

Oh, btw, thanks for pointing that out to the rest of us, Al.  :96: (wrong finger, but you get my drift)

What he sad!!!!  :D

Hey boss I got the message-2 more for the BBQ on Saturday . I went to Schafers and did a taste test of the brisket, BBQ chicken, and the pulled pork just to make sure that it is up to COG standards.and it passed the test with flying colors!!!!! gwynn is found a kick ass buscuit recipe to go with our coffee in the mornings. And I have a pickup load of firewood lined up for the camp fire each night!!!!! Let the good times roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ltmcvickers said:
Hey boss I got the message-2 more for the BBQ on Saturday . I went to Schafers and did a taste test of the brisket, BBQ chicken, and the pulled pork just to make sure that it is up to COG standards.and it passed the test with flying colors!!!!! gwynn is found a kick ass buscuit recipe to go with our coffee in the mornings. And I have a pickup load of firewood lined up for the camp fire each night!!!!! Let the good times roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The things we do for our brethren  :great: ...are much appreciated!!

Tom...just learned the wife is taking a student group to FL that w/e. If all goes well, maybe I can sneak up to TN!!!!!!! ;)

Okay, I have renewed my COG membership (prior to expiration).

I can log onto the forum.

I called to make our reservation (old school and much less frustrating) for newly renovated Cabin #1.
:dance:

We'll be there whether I can register for the rally online or not!

Yeah!!!  Whatever the problem was is fixed and we are registered to go now!!  :great:

This rally is quickly approaching. I know the rally organizers would appreciate any of you "on the fence" members posting your intentions. Right now we have 22 signed up.

Pappy and Sue Burton are in as well, they being the two that I told Jack about. John Owen and another members froom Nashville will also be there. We  now have a good number for this event.  Al

Photoguy67 said:
I don't live very far from this, I would like to attend but not stay there, would I still be welcomed?

Sure, bring your registration fee (and beer - J/K), and all is well  :great:  It's the dues and registration fees we pay that enable the organization to produce such great events. You are more than welcome to come and pitch in with the group!

OK I got a cabin so if someone wants to split the cost with me let me know.
Friday & Sat Night
But I have been known to snore once in a while......  :NIGHT_1:

Chew said:
OK I got a cabin so if someone wants to split the cost with me let me know.
Friday & Sat Night
But I have been known to snore once in a while......  :NIGHT_1:

Hmmm, check with Kurt???  :34:

My better half will be with me so I won't be splitting a cabin. Also, I've never heard myself snore, there fore I don't. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

I am planning on attending this event unless something comes up that prevents it.  So, I am putting off registering to the last minute.
Attended last year and had a good time.

MotoCommuter said:
My better half will be with me so I won't be splitting a cabin. Also, I've never heard myself snore, there fore I don't. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Ummm, not so fast, fella...there's recorded evidence hereabouts and I KNOW it got played back at Barber....  :)

Volcantour said:
MotoCommuter said:

Ummm, not so fast, fella...there's recorded evidence hereabouts and I KNOW it got played back at Barber....  :)

Audio but no actual video. Could be my decoy snore machine. So, you have no proof. Just sayin.

MotoCommuter said:
Volcantour said:
MotoCommuter said:

Audio but no actual video. Could be my decoy snore machine. So, you have no proof. Just sayin.

Oh yeah,  :-[  I forgot your alter ego is Mr. Gadget.... :))

I think my boss takes a look at the COG events calendar and makes my work schedule to coincide....I'm working out of town that weekend and I live maybe 5 miles from the Trace in TN  :mad:

So, the children picked this weekend to come home from college to visit. Guess the joke will be on them as we are still planning on being at the fall rally. But we are planning to get up early Sunday and get home by lunch.

Kurt

MotoCommuter said:
So, the children picked this weekend to come home from college to visit. Guess the joke will be on them as we are still planning on being at the fall rally. But we are planning to get up early Sunday and get home by lunch.

Kurt

Well, can ya wake me up Kurt as I will be rolling out to St. Louis early Sunday?

handyman said:
MotoCommuter said:

Kurt

Well, can ya wake me up Kurt as I will be rolling out to St. Louis early Sunday?

No problem Randy, just let me know what cabin your staying in and I'll pound on the door as we are leaving.

MotoCommuter said:
handyman said:
MotoCommuter said:

Kurt

Please turn on th coffee makers when you both leave...........

No problem Randy, just let me know what cabin your staying in and I'll pound on the door as we are leaving.

IronButtAl said:
MotoCommuter said:
handyman said:
MotoCommuter said:

Kurt

Please turn on th coffee makers when you both leave...........

Al, no problem. I'll leave a fresh pot for ya. Do you take cream or sugar?