• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2013 SECOG Fall Rally/Natchez Trace Parkway Ride (Sept 27th-29th)

Put us on the early wake-up for Sunday.  Joni and I have to get back to Valdosta.  My bluegrass band is playing Sunday night.  Looking forward to a great weekend. :motonoises:

Well...was planning on camping at this event, but with the reasonably priced multi-bunk cabins available I am beginning to view the options.

With that said, are there any cabins with available bunks? Or person(s) looking to share a cabin?

Let me just add, that I have never actually heard myself snore, I take up only a small space, I am trained in the proper use of a modern toilet, shower at least once a week, and posses no desire to spoon, snuggle, or share a same-sex bunk in any situation shy of a near death freezing experience in a high Himalayan snow cave with a Yeti lurking outside looking to nibble on my freeze dried toes. Just sayin.  ;)

Standing by for replies...

:popcorn:

Cheers,
Randy

handyman said:
Well...was planning on camping at this event, but with the reasonably priced multi-bunk cabins available I am beginning to view the options.

With that said, are there any cabins with available bunks? Or person(s) looking to share a cabin?

Cheers,
Randy

I "might" know of one.  :hum:

pm sent.....

hey folks the weather has started cooling off up here on sunday night it got down to 58 degrees and the highs have have been in the 80s . good riding weather so everybody load up and come on to the rally-make Al spend all the money he has left !!!!!!!!! Well i guess we will leave him enough to get home so we will not move in with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rally time is getting here fast...looking forward to it major big time.

See all soon!!

:campfire:
    :08:
                                                                                                          :103:

sorry for the late reply to a question about camping ,but i have had some medical issues come up. for campers it is $16.00  a night -pay for one night get one night free. just make sure you tell  them you are with the group and this quote was per Mandy. these are great spots right next to the bathhouse just like last year.looking forward to seeing everybody, got some great entertainment lined up ,great food, great roads,great times and great friends!!!!!!!!!!any questions or if i can be of any help please call me at 931-796-5330  or my cell  251-923-7436   

Hey everyone, I have already reserved a cabin and still looking for someone who would want to split the cost with me.......

There is a cogger coming from Atlanta looking to bunk with somebody-he is going to arrive on Friday.maybe he will help you out with that cabin!!!!!! have a safe trip up from B-ham.

Chew and Handyman....I was looking for a cabin split too! Sent pm to Chew today. I was planning on going up Thursday with Tom and his group, Friday am at the latest. Let me know.

Bill

7 days and counting!!!

:motonoises:                                :motonoises:
                                                                      :06: :06:

:singing:
                                                                                  :49:

Trying to register but when I try to put down how many are coming it wants to charge me a guest fee for my wife but she is an associate member and I thought they got the member price for events please correct me if I'm wrong.Any info would be greatly appreciated gotta go out in the garage and get to work will check back later.

Roger

sounds like a question for Boss Al to me !!!!!!  Hey folks it was 49 degrees this morning here in Hohenwald the weather forecast is looking good so everybody load up and come on!!!!!!!!!!!

mf-rabbit said:
Trying to register but when I try to put down how many are coming it wants to charge me a guest fee for my wife but she is an associate member and I thought they got the member price for events please correct me if I'm wrong.Any info would be greatly appreciated gotta go out in the garage and get to work will check back later.

Roger

Roger, did you try registering as two members instead of just one? That may give you the price break you are looking for. Let us know if that does not work.

Volcantour said:
mf-rabbit said:

Roger

Roger, did you try registering as two members instead of just one? That may give you the price break you are looking for. Let us know if that does not work.
Didn't have time to screw with it at the time that evening so I just went ahead and registered to get it over with,no big deal.Can't wait to see yall there---woohoo

Roger :)

Daytona_Mike said:
Sounds like great weather.I have a long ride to get there but i am game.

Mike, Jo and any other FL COGs, if you all need a place to stay to break up your ride, let me know. I'm just south of Atlanta. It's about 5 hours from my house to Hohenwald.

Joni and I are headed out Wednesday after work and stopping in Columbus for the night.  Thursday we will meet up with Tom and his gang in Rome and proceed on.  Look forward to seeing everyone.  Ride safe!! :motonoises: :beerchug:

reid53 said:
Joni and I are headed out Wednesday after work and stopping in Columbus for the night.  Thursday we will meet up with Tom and his gang in Rome and proceed on.  Look forward to seeing everyone.  Ride safe!! :motonoises: :beerchug:

Ride safe. We won't be there until Friday evening. Let me know if you want to ride back together on Sunday, looks like we are both heading out early.

Kurt

reid53 said:

Glad to have you and Joni aboard! It's been said that all roads lead to Rome...in support of SERFR we're doing a little reverse engineering!  :great:

Something in Nashville if your hanging around Sunday.

Attachments

• 1175571_10101303915864335_263203650_n.jpg
    1175571_10101303915864335_263203650_n.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 104
Hi, this has probably been asked already (somewhere in these 9 pages) , but what's the protocol for those in the local area that may want to join for riding on Saturday? Which KOA camp is this at and what time do folks take off for riding that morning?

thanks,
Pete

Mid_TN_rider said:
Hi, this has probably been asked already (somewhere in these 9 pages) , but what's the protocol for those in the local area that may want to join for riding on Saturday? Which KOA camp is this at and what time do folks take off for riding that morning?

thanks,
Pete

See page one for the campground link. First time at this event, but ride launches are not usually too early as it takes a little while for the caffeine to kick in and the bones to warm up and stop creaking.

Hey Pete- we will be at the Koa in Hohenwald-It is called the Natchez Trace Wilderness Preserve.Come on out and join in the fun and meet some really great people.Coffee pots in service first thing in the morning with something to snack on to get you going.hope to see you there!!!!! 

The address to look for is 1363 Napier Road, Hohenwald, TN. Don't find out the hard way that there's two roads with Napier in the name...  :))

Weather looks to be just right for us. Thanks Jack for ordering that for us. After talking to myself for seven week while on the road it will be nice to see my SE friends. Please register on the calendar page if you want to eat with us on Saturday night.

I'll be there, had a great time last year, looking forward to seeing all the good folks I met last time and some new ones too. Man, I hope you got chicken on the menu again this time, I love chicken, chickens good. ;D

i know that you have not had a quality cup of coffee since the rally here last year so that alone is worth the trip. I just spoke with the owner of Barbers Cycle today and he said if anyone needs new tires he'll give us a good price.  He only has two sets so if you need some he needs to know today to get them ordered.  Please let me know and I'll pass it along to him.

Bedded down for the night in Columbus. Hit the road early in the AM after breakfast and see Tom
And his hooligans for the ride in.  :motonoises:

reid53 said:
Bedded down for the night in Columbus. Hit the road early in the AM after breakfast and see Tom
And his hooligans for the ride in
.  :motonoises:

And here I am thinking we were having a hootenanny....

Man this is killing me that I am not going to this one.  Just no way to swing it with Jean going out of town Thursday - Monday.

You guys ride safe and have fun.  I will just have to wait for the pictures.  ;D

At least I got Barber then the Florida rally  :great:  :beerchug:

This will be my first COG event and am curious what is on the agenda? I know a BBQ is planned for sat eve but nothing more than that. I will be arriving mid aft friday. Any other plans beyond that I am game.

I too would like to know if there is an agenda, meeting place, schedule, etc, or is everyone just doing whatever they want? meeting Fri night?  Saturday morning for gathering/ride?

Hey Guys, I couldn't get going this morning, work was strenuous this week. I'm leaving the house now to head over to the Natchez Trace area. If someone's able you can text me at xxxxxxxxxx to let me know a time/place that I may meet up with some of you and ride with some folks for a while. Don't go out of your way for me since I'm so late getting going. I don't have a smart phone so I won't be on the forum. I'm on a 08 C14 with yellow jacket and white helmet.

thanks, have fun and ride safe.
Pete

Jay has joined me here in HOU this evening.  I finally have my FJR back in the garage as he made it here safely on it!!  We both hate not being there with you guys...  Have fun and enjoy the fire of an evening!!!

Kay and I had a great time! Good food, good entertainment, good times! Hats off to all the rally staff that made this rally happen. Big thanks to Terri Conrad from ROK for attending and the prizes. Also thank you to Murphs for the prizes as well.

See some of you all in a a few weeks at Barber.

Had a good time and enjoyed meeting some COG'ers.  I always pictured IronbuttAl as Lee Emory, and I wasn't disappointed. ;)  Thanks to everyone that worked to make it possible.  Special thanks to ROK for the free membership!

The view this morning while getting ready to leave.
13+-+1

Moto2wheelin said:
Jay has joined me here in HOU this evening.  I finally have my FJR back in the garage as he made it here safely on it!!  We both hate not being there with you guys...  Have fun and enjoy the fire of an evening!!!

We lost the Big Dipper....again  :))

Missed you guys. Till next time!

MotoCommuter said:
Kay and I had a great time! Good food, good entertainment, good times! Hats off to all the rally staff that made this rally happen. Big thanks to Terri Conrad from ROK for attending and the prizes. Also thank you to Murphs for the prizes as well.

See some of you all in a a few weeks at Barber.

Likewise, had a great time. Kudos to the Rally staff that put it all together. Glad to 'bump into' old and new faces at the event - except Pope... (J/K) and hope to see all become old hands at our gatherings. Hope all get to return safely!

From the one they now call the "Uni-bagger"  :)

Beat most of the rain home. A big thanks to Jack and Al and all the support staff and cooks including the Pope who was the keeper of the camp flame, a wonderful time was had by all I think. Look forward to the next one........

I just got back home safely.  I thank everyone who came  to make this a  great time.
  :beerchug:  To the  good friends I got to see again  and  :beerchug: to  the new friends we  made.

Thank You. :great:

I got home safely and without incidents just before 6pm EST.

I enjoyed meeting everyone, well except Tom.  :eek:
Al .... Thank you for doing what you do!
Terri Conrad (aka Ms ROK!!!), Thanks for the ROK Membership!

My recliner is calling me, so Uni-Bagger......over and out.  :-X :truce:

Another great ride. A big thanks to Al & crew for putting this together.

Always nice to see old friends & make new ones.

Cliff  :beerchug:

The logistics on this rally were a bit more challengine, especially serving food to everyone. The effort and forethought expended were much appreciated.
I think everyone had a great rally!

I know that I sure had a great time. Many thanks to Jack, Gwen, Debbie, et.al. for putting the rally together. Huge thanks to ROK and Murph for providing the awesome door prizes. Really appreciate Teri Conrad and John Pappalardo coming over to spend the weekend with us. Barber Motorsports in Hohenwald also get a big  :great: for the free lunch and Concours 14 test rides. Those of you who missed this rally really missed a great time.

Ranger Jim said:
I know that I sure had a great time. Many thanks to Jack, Gwen, Debbie, et.al. for putting the rally together. Huge thanks to ROK and Murph for providing the awesome door prizes. Really appreciate Teri Conrad and John Pappalardo coming over to spend the weekend with us. Barber Motorsports in Hohenwald also get a big  :great: for the free lunch and Concours 14 test rides. Those of you who missed this rally really missed a great time.

+1. Could not have said it better Jim. If I could add that I really enjoyed the campfire music on Saturday, that added a special spice to the evening. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

Run northwest to St. Louis was okay punching through the belt of weather, only ran into four hours of light rain but my Aerostich gear served me well.

Thanks to Jack and Gwen for hosting this.  Joni and I had a great time.  Always good to see everyone.  Love the beautiful roads of middle Tennessee.  Enjoyed riding with Wes and Carly and thanks for showing Joni and I Natchez Hills Winery, got to get back there.

We made it home yesterday, JUST in time for me to change and make it to my bluegrass band's gig last night.  Now looking forward to recording next week.  See y'all soon. :motonoises: :great:

I had a great time myself and want to thank everybody for the hospitality and comraderie. Will attend many more events in the future including Barber in 2 weeks. Had to shoot home (in record time too) due to family emergency  but just wanted to thank all in case I missed someone. Great food Saturday and good sounds around the campfire! :beerchug:

Great time and rides at this rally.
Food, Music, and Fire was so nice.
Thank you again for putting another great southern rally together  :great:

Thanks to all of the Rally organizers, you did an outstanding job!!

I wish I had been able to visit a bit more around the fire, but my sister was in the area unexpectedly and I felt I should try to be a good hostess.

We really enjoyed the event!

What a great time this had been our first and I'm sad to say our only run to the Trace should have gone sooner spent some good time with all and got to know Pappy&Sue a little better many thanks to all who made it a most memorable time.See yall later :great:

Roger

Thanks to Jack & Gwynn for hosting such a great rally for the second year.
After being on the road for a pretty long time, it sure was nice to see all of my SE friends. Our SECOG members are so special in every regard, and it's always a given that good times will happen when we're together. NOBODY does it quite like the southeast members......trust me on that one. I get around to all the other areas often, and we do it right.
Thanks to the SECOG Leadership Team members that pitched in for the extra duties to make this run smooth.
I couldn't think of a better way to spend a birthday than with being with the people that I'm most fond of. Thank you for doing that.        Al

Great time and good people, as always when I head south, thanks to all involved in making it happen. Went home east and into KY, VA, and just across river from WV, nice roads and no rain at all the whole time, 1800 miles of fantastic two lanes.

Pretty area to ride, great friends and a good fun time was had by all that attended.
A big Thank You :clap: :celebrate: :clap: to Reid & Jenn for helping me out, Gwynn had a fun time and to all.

Hope to see you all soon somewhere soon..the bike is good again, now just needs
tweaking and a nice wash and wax.

What happens on The Trace, stays on The Trace. So move along, nothing to see here.

(yes I know what happened and no I don't care to discuss it)

Aka ... Uni-Bagger over and out.  :-X

The Pope said:
What happens on The Trace, stays on The Trace. So move along, nothing to see here.

Um, good luck with that...  :rotflmao:

Okay, now,,, don't make me tell about the first time I watched you bleed your BACK brakes  :rotflmao:

Volcantour said:
The Pope said:

Um, good luck with that...  :rotflmao:

Only 1 year 11 months and 9 days to go!!!!!!  ;D

Volcantour said:
ron203 said:
Okay, now,,, don't make me tell about the first time I watched you bleed your BACK brakes  :rotflmao:

I've done worse.... :-X
Now what's this all about?  :)

Hello everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know that John and I really enjoyed ourselves with the group at the SECOG Fall Rally. We also enjoyed continuing on to explore the rest of the Natchez Trace Parkway and managed to get through it all despite the government shutdown. I will be sharing the link to the photos in the next couple of days for all to enjoy and download to your heart's content (REALLY Jen Simons). See you all soon!

ROKeditor said:
Hello everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know that John and I really enjoyed ourselves with the group at the SECOG Fall Rally. We also enjoyed continuing on to explore the rest of the Natchez Trace Parkway and managed to get through it all despite the government shutdown. I will be sharing the link to the photos in the next couple of days for all to enjoy and download to your heart's content (REALLY Jen Simons). See you all soon!

:popcorn:

Looking forward to the pics when you get a chance!

ron203 said:
What happened to your bag Tom? (Yeah, I see it took a side trip)...

The Saga of the Saddlebag from the Fall Rally is now officially over. No one got hurt, no bikes turned over, and, thanks to the generosity of fellow COG members George Parmelee and Kurt Lammon, I've been able to obtain a replacement bag and have had my bike's original bags fully restored to better than new condition - and all of this for an absurdly low cost. Folks, you can't find any better people than the ones I've been privileged to meet in COG. How glad (and proud) I am to be a small part of this organization.  :)