• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2014 BMWNEF Winter Rally in Starke, FL

IronButtAl

WOW, this one screamed up on me. For dates of January 17-19, 2014
Registration is now open as of October 1st for this rally. We had a lot of COG members attend this last year, and our members mingle well with the BMW riders that do attend this event. There's never been an issue with bugs, and the couple of cords of wood that Firebug burns (their version of the Pope) feels pretty good. There are 489 spots left as of this morning, but you don't want to get caught snoozing on this, as it DOES fill up by December15th or so.
Please contact me with any questions about this event if you're considering going. All the COG members are in a good camping area, and we get together often for social time every night.
  http://www.bmwnef.org/

Haven't missed one of these in awhile.  Not much of a riding rally, but a great time hanging out. :great: :motonoises:

Yes indeed Reid, and I think I have you and (or) Jerry to thank for getting me there three years ago. A VERY good social time for all.      Al

IronButtAl said:
Yes indeed Reid, and I think I have you and (or) Jerry to thank for getting me there three years ago. A VERY good social time for all.      Al

Must have been Reid, I went in 2012 and that was the first time in probably 5 years,  the year glaciers formed on the lake  :))

Register today for Florida's Coolest Rally! BMWNEF's 31st Annual Winter Rally is scheduled for January 17-19, 2014 at Camp Blanding. Because of the success of our rally we must limit attendance to 500 people. Please register early to avoid being left out in the cold. Go to www.bmwnef.org to register.

We will be serving our nearly world famous brats and franks Friday night, and our delicious steak dinner with all the fixings and tasty desserts on Saturday night. Camping both Friday and Saturday nights is included. A limited number of RV sites are also available, on a first come, first serve basis.

You must preregister for this rally. Registration is just $45. Registration will close when we reach 500 or on December 15, whichever comes first. All guests must register seperately.  No pets allowed.

To register for Florida's Coolest Rally go to www.bmwnef.org now. For more information contact us at bmwnefrally@gmail.com or check out our ad in the BMW ON magazine, When and Where section, page 131.

You are receiving this email because you are in the our club's contact database.  Please do not be concerned if you are receiving this email for the second time or if you have already registered for the 2014 Winter Rally.

OK, who's signed up for this besides Mike? Looked on the web page and didn't see any names I knew. Lots of "anonymous" though! I want to know who will be there.

Just received a note from BMWNEF that there are only 70 spaces left. Registration closes on 15December, or sooner when they run out of spaces.

IronButtAl said:
handyman said:
I'm in. Weeks ago if you can believe it Eddie!
Figured you'd do it a little different this year...............

LOL...Yeah, I've decided after a few rallies this year that you guys are safe to hang out with for a few weekends next year, so I dropped the dough early this time. ;)

in. Crawling out from under the rock! So now the big question, do I attend a beemer rally on a kawasaki or a beemer  :motonoises: Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
in. Crawling out from under the rock! So now the big question, do I attend a beemer rally on a kawasaki or a beemer  :motonoises: Steve

I'd flip a quarter. Naawwww, bring the light truck.

handyman said:
IronButtAl said:
handyman said:

LOL...Yeah, I've decided after a few rallies this year that you guys are safe to hang out with for a few weekends next year, so I dropped the dough early this time. ;)

Hey Randy. I wonder iff'n I could ask a favor of ya. Could you pick up a six pack (or more?? :beerchug: ) of Abita ANDYGATOR and bring it along? I really like that stuff, but can't get it here. I bought it in PCB at a Publix when we were up there last month. Yummy yummy for the tummy tummy. I'll even pay ya for it, nice guy that I am. :rotflmao:

TIA

Ok... I'm in....  Hopefully I don't have to give up any important organs to get the time off.

Looks like another hooten-anney in my future....

Do I need a KMW badge on the Connie for this one??  >:D

SteveJ. said:
handyman said:
IronButtAl said:
handyman said:

Hey Randy. I wonder iff'n I could ask a favor of ya. Could you pick up a six pack (or more?? :beerchug: ) of Abita ANDYGATOR and bring it along? I really like that stuff, but can't get it here. I bought it in PCB at a Publix when we were up there last month. Yummy yummy for the tummy tummy. I'll even pay ya for it, nice guy that I am. :rotflmao:

TIA

Sure. Just remind me right before the rally. Cuz I have squirrel memory...wait, where are my nuts??

SteveJ. said:
Could you pick up a six pack (or more?? :beerchug: ) of Abita ANDYGATOR and bring it along? I really like that stuff, but can't get it here. I bought it in PCB at a Publix when we were up there last month. Yummy yummy for the tummy tummy.

According to the Abita website you can get it at Okee-fes. 115 S Rockingham Ave in Tavares.  There are a few other places in nearby towns too.

http://abita.com/find_abita

handyman said:
SteveJ. said:
handyman said:
IronButtAl said:
handyman said:

TIA

Sure. Just remind me right before the rally. Cuz I have squirrel memory...wait, where are my nuts??

Thank ya sir. I'll be forever in your debt.

ChipDoc said:
SteveJ. said:
Could you pick up a six pack (or more?? :beerchug: ) of Abita ANDYGATOR and bring it along? I really like that stuff, but can't get it here. I bought it in PCB at a Publix when we were up there last month. Yummy yummy for the tummy tummy.

According to the Abita website you can get it at Okee-fes. 115 S Rockingham Ave in Tavares.  There are a few other places in nearby towns too.

http://abita.com/find_abita

Hey Chip, how ya doin'?

O'keefes is strictly on sale. I'll check the others. Abita is distributed locally by Browns, and according to a driver, he has not seen ANDYGATOR. The sight also shows Bob's over in Leesburg. They get some brews in from some weird suppliers, so they may have it.

Thanx for the info.

Alrighty then. Thanks to Chipdoc's nudge in the correct direction, I did find ANDYGATOR locally.

So Randy, thanks for volunteering, but it's handled.

Now, were we talking about something besides beer?  :beerchug:

SteveJ. said:
Alrighty then. Thanks to Chipdoc's nudge in the correct direction, I did find ANDYGATOR locally.

I think the real question now is can you keep yourself away from it till the rally??

Perhaps a gander into finding a place to purchase said libation closer to Starke... makes a ride with a purpose at the rally....  :)

Mcfly said:
SteveJ. said:

I think the real question now is can you keep yourself away from it till the rally??

Perhaps a gander into finding a place to purchase said libation closer to Starke... makes a ride with a purpose at the rally....  :)
It's already half gone, but I know where there is more. Good point on something local to Starke. That could be problematic up in that area. I'm sure I'll find a suitable substitute. :beerchug: :beerchug:

As a "NEWB" to the "2014 BMWNEF Winter Rally", and having paid via paypal.... yada yada yada...

Does the Club send any kind of entry pass or super secret decoder ring to gain entry?

How does this work???

Mcfly said:
As a "NEWB" to the "2014 BMWNEF Winter Rally", and having paid via paypal.... yada yada yada...

Does the Club send any kind of entry pass or super secret decoder ring to gain entry?

How does this work???

IIRC, you just need a photo ID, registration, and proof of insurance. They usually just check your ID against the list.

SteveJ. said:
Mcfly said:

How does this work???

IIRC, you just need a photo ID, registration, and proof of insurance. They usually just check your ID against the list.

Thanks Steve.  I was really hoping for a decoder ring though...  :'(

Mcfly said:
SteveJ. said:
Mcfly said:

How does this work???

Thanks Steve.  I was really hoping for a decoder ring though...  :'(

It's after Christmas, but I'll look in the garage and see if I have a spare. ;)

Looks like another chilly one! Weather Channel says low Saturday AM 37*, low Sunday AM 38*. Hey Al, got room in the camper? :)

Not looking at this wekend weather forecast are you?

With this crazy weather it just might (yeah right) be comfortable and balmy!!
Bring a blanket to wrap around you at the campfire!!

Eddie-FL said:
Looks like another chilly one! Weather Channel says low Saturday AM 37*, low Sunday AM 38*. Hey Al, got room in the camper? :)

Remember to bring your BIG tent Eddie!

:rotflmao:  Like I have heard from people say, YOU CAN'T COU  NT ON THE WEATHER MAN.        But then if rains.        Still to far away to perdict. ;)  Al, bring a large tarp to put up between the trees.      We could also use to get out of the    :beerchug: sun :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I was nice and toasty @ RWTW, this is gonna be even warmer!!  A balmy 37* for a low...  WOOT!  :great:

I don't think SteveJ will need his heater for this one.  :rotflmao:

Mcfly said:
I was nice and toasty @ RWTW, this is gonna be even warmer!!  A balmy 37* for a low...  WOOT!  :great:

I don't think SteveJ will need his heater for this one.  :rotflmao:  Hmmm...
No place to plug in unless I bring the Generac.

Last year the wind didn't blow, it sucked. Cool/cold is fine, just do not need the wind.

If it's just cold and not windy, be up on the first or second line facing the water to plug in anywhere. If you remember where Roman was, that line all has power.

:)  Approximately the same place as last year?  For those not being there before, find the camp ground for tenters  (  follow the lake front rd. east  R V camping first  then the tent area , this is almost to the end before the rd makes a hard left.. )  There are 2 bathroom buildings gray and we would be between both of them.  Did I get this right fellows?  A little help if needed.  I'll have a AMRERICAN Flag strung up between the trees.  You find that and I'm there w/others.      Hope fully be there noon-ish.  See ya there.  :great:              Alan Y.

handyman said:
Eddie-FL said:

Remember to bring your BIG tent Eddie!

Nah...got a smaller one now. But it's still not insulated! I am better prepared this year though.

IronButtAl said:
If it's just cold and not windy, be up on the first or second line facing the water to plug in anywhere. If you remember where Roman was, that line all has power.

Maybe I will bring the heater, just in case.

BUMP!  5 days!!

Swapped up the ol' humungo queen air mattress for a more 'practical' Therm-a-rest All Season in anticipation
of the not-so-warm weather in the evenings.  Did my shopping for 'essentails' today.  Looking forward to a
'mini-getaway'.  As of right now, I'm hoping to get there between 10 and 11 am.

Just hafta find some of my warmer head gear.... been a few years since I needed it.....

Well, looks like it's going to live up to its reputation.  Lows below freezing each nite! :-\

Yeah Reid, but it's going to be better than three years ago when we went into the teens at night. just makes the fire feel that much better. I'm bringing some antifreeze anyway. See you knuckleheads there.........

Eddie-FL said:
If the wind lays down, it will be better than last year.  :)

What are the chances of that  ;D  That wind coming off that lake makes it miserable  Y'all have fun and stay unfrozen  :great:

One year the wind was so strong it picked up a bunch of tents and moved them 10' and that was with gear in the tents  :mad:

Current weather at Rally: Really cold and dark. I brought a heater Steve, it was a good call. Site 63, see ya'll real soon.

handyman said:
Current weather at Rally: Really cold and dark. I brought a heater Steve, it was a good call. Site 63, see ya'll real soon.

Does that mean you need an extension cord too? 

I've got.... a wool cap!!  I'm good to go!  See y'all tomorrow about 11:30 am.

Safe Ride!

handyman said:
Is there room and power for another tent and heater there?

Heater #4, 5 and 6 here....  I got a big tent!

If ther power overloads, we'll have a nice electrical fire to keep us warm!  :great:

SteveJ. said:
handyman said:
Is there room and power for another tent and heater there?

There is a lot of room at the moment, but I am sure it will fill in quick. My tent is in site 63 with one more plug in available. :)

See ya'll real soon.

SteveJ. said:
I will not be in until Sat morning, I bought another toy.

What this time? A generator, I hope, for the sake of those enjoying the weekend with all their cool (and I do mean COOL  :)) ) friends.

Volcantour said:
SteveJ. said:

What this time? A generator, I hope, for the sake of those enjoying the weekend with all their cool (and I do mean COOL  :)) ) friends.
Actually, yes. It is attached to a 2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile class B motor home.

SteveJ. said:
Volcantour said:
SteveJ. said:

Actually, yes. It is attached to a 2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile class B motor home.

Awesome. Where's the Connie go? On top?

Attachments

• RoadTrek.jpg
    RoadTrek.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 101
Volcantour said:
SteveJ. said:
Volcantour said:
SteveJ. said:

Can you say trailer queen?

SteveJ. said:
Volcantour said:
SteveJ. said:
Volcantour said:
SteveJ. said:

;)  LOL  :))    Looks like a nice unit  .  Many HAPPY MILES    and LOTS of SMILES :) ;)

SteveJ. said:
Volcantour said:
SteveJ. said:
Volcantour said:
SteveJ. said:

What next for the girl? Premium gas, synthetic oil, and [gasp] regular baths??

Sorry to go off topic here guys....

The Campground area on the lake:

IMG_1828_zpsaf856d0d.jpg

IMG_1829_zps2ee22b82.jpg

IMG_1841_zps5e4a4900.jpg

More pictures:

IMG_1825_zps7d819324.jpg

IMG_1840_zpsb971acfa.jpg

IMG_1837_zps2446cc31.jpg

IMG_1833_zpse4d2b166.jpg

IMG_1839_zps30087107.jpg

IMG_1830_zpsb3f39067.jpg

McFly's P.A.M.R.A.  (Portable Alcohol Misuse Rehabilitation Area) :

IMG_1826_zps8f1cfb08.jpg

I always have a great time with the S.E. COG crew.  Thanks again to everyone for making this an event I wish I could remember.  :)

AND another round of applause for the BMWNEF Crew for holding one heckuva rally!!

No SNOW and no  RAIN  we can deal w/the rest  (34 degrees).  Thanks to those that came.    :great:  GOOD PARTY!!! :beerchug: :beerchug:

Good times. BMWNEF puts on a good event. Now if they could just turn the heat on a little, but then it wouldn't be the COOLEST Rally.

Hope all in attendance had a safe trip home. Mine was interesting. As usual, the Connie ran well, up until...it decided to belch the coolant load in front of the Courthouse in Perry. Clamp failure on the water pump outlet. Was quite nice hearing a loud 'POP' while shooting a bonus photo and then seeing the large plume of steam and cascading hot coolant.

This situation, which ended up being a relatively simple fix, is a very good reason to do at least the simple maintenance items on your own machine. The fella that stopped to render aid commented "Looks like you've done this before" as I was peeling plastic faster than a working girl sheds her garments. Luckily it was just a pushed hose on the water pump outlet and not a burst hose. Reinstalled the hose and reloaded the replacement coolant before hitting the road. After working on this bike a fair amount since I bought it, I was not even a bit excited after it vomited all over the street. Just took my gear off and got the 4mm out.

Life is an adventure, and without challenges, it would be very boring.  ;)

Great seeing everyone at the Rally. See some of you in three weeks.

Cheers,
Randy

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
SteveJ. said:
Volcantour said:
SteveJ. said:
Volcantour said:
SteveJ. said:

;)  LOL  :))    Looks like a nice unit  .  Many HAPPY MILES    and LOTS of SMILES :) ;)

Thanks.

Had a great time even if it was a bit on the chilly side at night. The COG fire was a big help. Thanks to Al.  With all the COGers seemed more a COG rally then BMW!