• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2014 SW Spring Rally. Oh Yeah, It's on!

OMoaC

What? Another Rally scheduled in the SW? Were Baaaack.............The SW and AZ team are proud and excited to invite you to the "Arizona Territorial Rally" to be held in Prescott AZ The Territorial State Capitol of Arizona May 30,31, June1. The rally elves are busy busy busy putting together another wonderful event to enjoy for all near and far. Follow the link for a photo essay of the area created by Mr. Bert Luontela. http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/propertyalchemist/slideshow/
Registration is here: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=198763&mo=5&tDate=%7Bd%20%272014%2D05%2D03%27%7D
The rally central hotel can be found here for pics and directions, location http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-prescott-arizona-AZ410 as is usual though DO NOT go through the website to make reservations, contact them directly to get the rally discount (928)778-5770. Rates should be $80.00 $75.00 a night. Rally Central is open for reservations.
Registration should follow along the lines of the Red Rock and Rally around 30 bucks early member reg. Artwork for the Tshirts is underway as we speak and all the other work is falling into place. I hope to have registration open within the next 30 days and will announce it here.
These are links to suggested routes being planned now just to wet your whistle. Keep in mind these are rough drafts:
https://goo.gl/maps/FrLsX
https://goo.gl/maps/Khfzz
https://goo.gl/maps/PWUMW
https://goo.gl/maps/GMibo
If you missed the RRR last year your doing this right now  :-[. Don't do this! For questions, comments, concerns, suggestions you can email redrocknrally@cox.net or  swaads@cog-online.org
Committed Sponsors so far. Please support them as  they support us and our Passion
Aerostich http://www.aerostich.com
Advanced Sport Touring http://www.advancedsporttouring.com
LockStraps http://www.lockstraps.com/
Progressive Insurance http://www.progressive.com/lp/ps-brand-auto-compare-default-pgrx/?code=9003849004&se=Bing&cmp=BRD+-+NV&adgr=HTS+-+PGR+INS&kwd=progressive%20insurance&mt=e&psd=c&adid=3575754280&srcfrc=true
COG http://www.cog-online.org/ClubPortal/ClubStatic.cfm?clubID=1328&pubmenuoptID=13528
City of Prescott AZ http://www.cityofprescott.net/
Updated road conditions http://www.az511.gov/adot/files/traffic/
Watch this thread for announcements and news
C U in Prescott AZ
Mark Hartman
COG/SWAD

Attachments

• Rally Agenda.pdf
    30.4 KB · Views: 93
1st stop on my way to the National, woohoo.  :great:

Do you guys have a campsite mapped out yet?

Great pictures Bert.

Hmmm....might have to rally the Bruces for this one - and day-1 could take us to Durango just like last time... Hmmm...

notsluggo said:
Hmmm....might have to rally the Bruces for this one - and day-1 could take us to Durango just like last time... Hmmm...
A SW rally without the Bruces is like Cap'n crunch without milk. Will the evil parking lot gremlin make a re appearance?

Hmmm.... tempting...  ???

I could ride down to the bay area and hang out with MP, then over to Vegas to see my Pops, then to AZ...  >:D

What are the temps like down there OMC that time of year? Is that before the big heat?  ???

ZG said:
Hmmm.... tempting...  ???

I could ride down to the bay area and hang out with MP, then over to Vegas to see my Pops, then to AZ...  >:D

What are the temps like down there OMC that time of year? Is that before the big heat?  ???
It's perfect Jay. High Mountain. Should still be snow on the shoulders in the high areas. Down low in Prescott pool weather. Best of both. Bring the slippers!

This looks and smells familiar, the Bruce's definitely need to jump on this one!  I'm in!!!!

In my backyard!!  I'm in and for you from out of town the weather is absolutely gorgeous that time of year and the riding places are awesome.  You got The Spars (Twisties and more twisties) then you have Yarnell and you have Sedona and the Grand Canyon and on and Pine, Strawberry, Payson and one of my favorites the Beeline Highway and on and on...  I love riding Northern Arizona :)

Um, so, stepping out of my normal respectful persona and trying on smart-ass for a bit - what's happening on 5/31 that it is left off of the rally calendar?
My recollection of the old rhyme was 30 days hath September, April, June, and November.  All the rest have.... You know how it goes.... Mark - are you revisiting those wayward days of your youth?  :rotflmao:
Say....if the Bruces come down from Colorado...and we can keep control of our right wrists (wishful thinking)....the 'high' desert could take on a whole new meaning!

Old Man on a Connie said:
The SW and AZ team are proud and excited to invite you to the "Arizona Territorial Rally" to be held in Prescott AZ The Territorial State Capitol of Arizona May 29,30, June1.

notsluggo said:
what's happening on 5/31 that it is left off of the rally calendar?
:017:

Finicky aren't we?  ;D

Gumby said:
The SW and AZ team are proud and excited to invite you to the "Arizona Territorial Rally" to be held in Prescott AZ The Territorial State Capitol of Arizona May 29,30, June1.

notsluggo said:
what's happening on 5/31 that it is left off of the rally calendar?
:017:

Finicky aren't we?  ;D
Thinking test for those from CO. You passed. Please continue to recreate.  :beerchug:

CRocker said:
Maybe we need a new emoticon for the Bruces...?

That's it, Bradman!    :33:  And just when I was thinking of soliciting the Bruces to see if you were worthy of admittance.  Ain't it about time for you to move to a C14?

Rally Logo and T-Shirt graphics in full swing here in the bitter cold of the Wasatch Range.  Booked my room 2 days ago.  Can't wait to get out of here and shed these winter blues.    :c002:

Rally Central room update:
Current Rate $85.00 $75.00 a night all rooms (I'm working on that. This is beginning of peak season. These rooms would normally go for over 100 a night)
Working on the camping Gumby
Rooms Blocked 40
2 double beds 15
1 king w/rollout 6
2 queen beds 4
1 king 14
1 spectacularly spacious presidential suite with wet bar and .25 vibromatic bed and a wonderful panoramic view, hot tub, multi massage shower, concierge and full time footman with suit pressing station. 1. It's mine so don't try booking it (just Kidding. It ain't Vegas Baby)  :)
Looks like at least 2 rooms have been booked. No Dilly No Dally.
It looks like all rooms open to the parking lot ala RRR. Get 'em while you can!

The Bruces will be in attendance.  Sorry if that puts the damper on others' plans.
Now, I just need to talk with Brad about carrying a small package down for me.....

5 Hours from my house. I'll list myself as Tentative as I have a big ride planed for June already. Will see how "giving" my boss is about vacation time or maybe a Friday early dismissal.
:beerchug:

I am in. My favorite ride in the area is over Mingus to Sedona. Have to stop in Jerome on the way!

Bob, it is pronounced Prescut, not Preskit. The locals will become agitated if pronounced incorrectly.  :))

I just reserved a room with two double beds, so again if anybody wants to split an $85 room send me a PM.

I have found it is more fun to stay at Rally central for these events. I will have plenty of time to camp while riding to the Nationals.

Comfort Inn at Ponderosa Pines is 1,240 miles from my doorstep.  :motonoises:

Booked!  Two nights (Fri & Sat) in a two-double-bed room.
Now....since I'm coming from Colorado - anyone want to submit orders?  I'm sure Bruce would be happy to keep it in his tank bag!
And - OMC - I truly know nothing of any parking lot shenanigans.
And I thought it was Pres-Scott.....

The preliminary route list looks excellent..........all the good roads are covered!!

P.S. Miss ya Bert & Rita!!!

notsluggo said:
Booked! 
Is that booked or baked?  ;) Received the final room contract and rates are now $75.00/night! This should be retroactive for all that are booked already. Also please note that I screwed the dates in the Conc and my SW email blast. I blame NotS for not catching it sooner but I think he was practicing recreating  :)). Please help spread the word. I will correct in the next Conc and email Blast. This property has a total of 61 rooms. It is my intent to sell them out and own this place! What say You!
I also echo Big Tom's statement. "Miss you Bert and Reta". :beerchug:

Well the big ride I had planned is looking to be $$$ and I have built a few bridges in that area I would like to see again and gumby needs a roommate sooo this one may just fall into place.

OK. It's posted on the calendar, Kinda. Give the Old Man a break. Wanted to get it out there but registration is not open yet. I hope to have this done by end of week. Rally Central is open for reservations though. Again expected costs are estimated now to follow the costs of the RRR. I'll flesh out the details ASAP 'cause I know you all are chomping at the bit to be first registered. There is a special prize to the first registered. Just ask JP! Lets Dance. Yippee Ky Yay.
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=198763&mo=5&tDate=%7Bd%20%272014%2D05%2D20%27%7D

Just made reservations at the Comfort Inn. Will head down hwy 95 from Reno area on Thursday 5/29 and over night in Vegas. Any suggestions for a hotel in Vegas. S O will require a pool and ambiance......
Then off to Prescott on Friday for the rally.
After the rally we are going to head north to explore Zion. Might overnight in Kanab UT.
Looking forward to this vacation and meeting new friends.
Thanks to "Old Man" et all for the organization.

Cool Stan.
2 suggestions in Henderson NV off strip and on the way. Green Valley resort (nice place, full service, lot's of pampering opportunities for the SO) and Sunset Station (decent place, full service, little bit less cost).
We have 2 repeat sponsors this year committed so far, Aerostich http://www.aerostich.com/ and Advanced Sport Touring http://www.advancedsporttouring.com/
These folks are COG industry Members and great supporters of your club. Please support them if with nothing more than a thank you message. It goes a long way.
I had the opportunity to stay at rally central last weekend on the way back from the MC show in PHX. I think everyone will be pleased. The layout is much like the Cedar City digs and is about 3 miles from Old downtown Prescott. Hope to have registration open this weekend and an email blast out to the SW area also. I heard a rumor Mike Burkey will have a new rear tire mounted just prior to the Rally  :))

If you plan on staying in kanab make reservations. There is only one decent hotel in kanab the rest are let's say sub par at best. I'd go through cedar city or st george. Many more choices that are all much better. More places to eat too.just sayin

Thanks for the suggestions for accommodations. Jan and I have stayed in Kanab before at a really good B&B, Purple Sage House. Surprisingly excellent restaurants in Kanab.
On our return we are going to stay in Springdale and explore Zion and Bryce.
Prescott is a perfect venue for our gathering, great riding!

All right now.....just registered for the Rally  :great: Called the Comfort Inn and the gal on the other end had no idea what i was talking about  :'( but, I'll call back Monday and hopefully the regulars will know about the Rally/rooms and any and all discounts.

Ping Jockey said:
All right now.....just registered for the Rally  :great: Called the Comfort Inn and the gal on the other end had no idea what i was talking about  :'( but, I'll call back Monday and hopefully the regulars will know about the Rally/rooms and any and all discounts.
Anybody have problems with rooms please let me know so I can rattle some cages. 'Cause ya know I like chewing me some Ace!

Good Lord. PJ and Steamer didn't waste no time!  :great: Registration is now open on the calendar http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=198763&mo=5&tDate=%7Bd%20%272014%2D05%2D01%27%7D
Please let me know if you see any problems so I can try to fix 'em. Make sure you select your shirt size as that can be a mess later on. Early Reg saves 5 bucks over regular reg and 10 bucks over late/walk in. Early reg cuts off 5/1, regular reg cuts off 5/16. Get it done early and save a couple gallons of gas. Better yet join the club and save even more! Shine those dancing shoes. Were rolling!

Ping Jockey said:
Hey, was i first to register? AND if so, does the first registrant get a prize  ;D
It's possible and yes. There is a prize! Let me figure out who was first.

My wife Liz and I are in. First time for us to any COG Rally. Lookin' forward to the ride from CO!

PS: Is there a registration form? :)

More News. On the weekend of the Territorial Rally is the 150th birthday celebration of Prescott Az est. 1864. This is shaping up to be a party!

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. The Good? 20 Registered so far Get it while ya can. No Dilly No Dally. The bad? I screwed the pooch on the t shirt add on so all 20 already registered please send me your shirt sizes and qty's so I can fix. The Ugly? Do you need to shave tomorrow? I make my dog walk backwards to make me feel better! :)) :)) :)) :) :beerchug:

We will get our group registered soon! Looks like 6 persons going right now. Just need to get the information out so they can register. Looking forward to it!!  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Registered and Reservations...Done!  Leaving Thursday, 5-29-14, coming from San Clemente, CA via Parker, AZ.  Have a second home on the Colorado River that I need to visit.  Anybody else coming from So. Cal. that wants to join me?  Let me know.

I am also planning to go through Parker but am starting in Santa Clarita. I have never been by Twenty Nine Palms (not expecting much) so I will go by way of Victorville. Plan on leaving early on the 29th. We could meet part way and finish up together.

DGOLD said:
I am also planning to go through Parker but am starting in Santa Clarita. I have never been by Twenty Nine Palms (not expecting much) so I will go by way of Victorville. Plan on leaving early on the 29th. We could meet part way and finish up together.

If you wish to see the local color in Twenty Nine Palms. Check out the Palms Restaurant....
But more seriously if you want the best pizza in a 100 mile area hit up Pizza for the People in Joshua Tree.

I'm in as well, though I won't be staying at the motel; I live about five minutes away.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I am registered and have a room.
Looking forward to it!

Hope to be coming down with my buddies from Utah.

For those of us that haven't been to one of the rallies,  is this Bruce stuff good or bad.  Should I request a room on the opposite side of the motel from theirs or get a room in another county?  Is there a problem in getting second hand smoke from the Colorado & Washington state participants?

Snakebite said:
For those of us that haven't been to one of the rallies,  is this Bruce stuff good or bad.  Should I request a room on the opposite side of the motel from theirs or get a room in another county?  Is there a problem in getting second hand smoke from the Colorado & Washington state participants?

Have a gander at this link.  I think it will clear up the confusion Bruce.  (Unless I am completely out in left field. )
Monty Python - Bruce

TDCon said:
Snakebite said:

Have a gander at this link.  I think it will clear up the confusion Bruce.  (Unless I am completely out in left field. )
Monty Python - Bruce
To quote another Python skit: Bingo!
And with regard to second-hand smoke - it's free - so no complaints.  Just don't be standing too close...

notsluggo said:
TDCon said:
Snakebite said:

Monty Python - Bruce
To quote another Python skit: Bingo!
And with regard to second-hand smoke - it's free - so no complaints.  Just don't be standing too close...

It seems to me that rule 4 is quite important to the whole Bruces thing... ;)

With the addition of the Bruces closely following Rule #6 and the addition of a few other folks we are up to 24. Who Haa! :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: :)

Outstanding PJ! I heard a rumor that art work is at 95%. Stand by for the unveiling.  I think everyone's gonna dig it. :motonoises:

Outstanding PJ! I heard a rumor that art work is at 95%. Stand by for the unveiling.  I think everyone's gonna dig it. :motonoises:

Indeed it is Mark.  Before I turn it loose though, there is one aspect of the graphic I need to get ironed out.  I suspect we'll know something no later than the middle of next week....maybe sooner.  Hang in there kids!  :great:

Mike

Okay everyone, join us at the rally and you too could be sporting one of these...

ATR2014F1.JPG

Hope to see you there!
Mike

This will be my first COG event and I am really looking forward to it. I will be leaving from the Inland Empire area Thursday May 29 and returning June 2. If anyone from this area is going I would love to partner up with you for the ride out.

Ladybandit said:
This will be my first COG event and I am really looking forward to it. I will be leaving from the Inland Empire area Thursday May 29 and returning June 2. If anyone from this area is going I would love to partner up with you for the ride out.
Outstanding Cynthia. Look to DGold, Ping Jockey and Rusty Please let me know if you have any questions. Look forward to meeting you.
Mark Hartman
COG/SWAD

Just made my reservation at the hotel. They could not find our group rate so the clerk said he would check on it. I have a single room but if anyone has a double room and is looking for a roommate to split cost I wouldn't mind sharing; don't care if you are male or female.

Ladybandit said:
Just made my reservation at the hotel. They could not find our group rate so the clerk said he would check on it. I have a single room but if anyone has a double room and is looking for a roommate to split cost I wouldn't mind sharing; don't care if you are male or female.
I will contact the hotel shortly. ALL, Please make sure you check your receipts at check in. Make sure you have our discount rate. Please advise of problems or issues. Make notes of who you speak with. I will get it sorted. Oh Yeah, how about that art work huh? The Bruces will look a mighty spiffy sporting those tee's. Rule #3.
Mark

PS. 27 registered so far. Make sure you aren't doing this  :-[  later. You may see these shirts on ebay in 10 years going for insane amounts of money. Make the investment now! The Government can always print more money!  :beerchug: :)

notsluggo said:
The Bruces will look a mighty spiffy sporting those tee's.
As if the Bruces need a t-shirt to look spiffy...
Me thinks the Bruces don't need any help but imagine the nose wiping they can get done on the sleeves during allergy season.

notsluggo said:
Are they made from hemp by any chance?  We Coloradoans have standards to adhere to ya know....
In order to meet the gubmint qualifications and endorsement requirements no. We would have to charge DHS, ICE, OSHA, DEA, EPA, IFWA, IHO, NAFTA and NLoN fees.

Hey Old Man. the plan so far has us leaving SandyEggo Friday morning winding through the Anza Borrego State Park, Brawley, Blyth, I-10 for the 40 miles to hwy 60, 71 and 89 to go up and over the hills to Prescott. hopefully arriving around 4 PM. Goodle maps has it at 370 miles and 6.5 hours. I'm  going slower than normal seeing as the wife is coming and were now going tourist class (food, water and potty stops are now mandatory) not just gas and go. So if anybody maybe along that route let me know and I'll keep and eye out for you, otherwise I get tunnel vision and don't really look at/for other riders.

Reg Link is now on the lead post (why didn't anybody tell me? You all just laughing at the guy with the booger hanging off his nose? Dang)
31 registered so far. Spoke to the Rally Central Lodging today and they are filling up. They have a total of 65 rooms on site and the rally teams intent is to sell the joint out. Early reg ends 5/1. Don't do this  :-[ Also, make sure you are checking the box for shirts. 1 each is included with each reg. Don't lose out on the count!
C U in Prescott AZ
Mark

Hi Old Man,

I just joined COG like I said I would in Lake Havasu. I tried signing up for the Prescott event but I get the following message:

RSVP FORM - Arizona Territorial Rally

We're sorry.

There are currently no reservation options available for this event. Please contact the designated Event Leader to inquire about availability. Link below will direct email to event leader.

Contact Event Leader

Can you help out I want to go!  ;D

Thanx,
Jim

Cawg1506 said:
Hi Old Man,

I just joined COG like I said I would in Lake Havasu. I tried signing up for the Prescott event but I get the following message:

RSVP FORM - Arizona Territorial Rally

We're sorry.

There are currently no reservation options available for this event. Please contact the designated Event Leader to inquire about availability. Link below will direct email to event leader.

Contact Event Leader

Can you help out I want to go!  ;D

Thanx,
Jim
Lemme see what I can dig out Jim. We'll get her sorted. Thanks for jumping in.  :great: :beerchug: :)

Up to 35 WOOT! Make sure you get your room res in also. Banquet Menu to be announced soon!  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: :)

Signed up, have reservations, and ready to ride (actually going out today for a ride too). Have others from SoCal signing up too. Should have a good group coming! See you all there!  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Katy Bar the Door. We've got 40! :1rij: Will we break attendance from the RRR? Distance traveled? Working on the rally agenda and menu now. C U in Prescott AZ.

To all Registered. Check your email inbox for a dinner choice and send back to me. Menu shaping up! :beerchug: