• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2015 Bun Cooler registration is now open

arrowlane

The registration form for the Bun Cooler is now up and running. I've ordered nice weather, just like the last 2 years.

This year you will pay for the meal at the resort rather than with registration. We still need you to register which meal you want so they have enough food. Make your room  reservations pretty soon because the prices go up after April 1.

I hope to see you all there.

Go to event calendar, select Northwest area, go to May 2015, there is a box above the photograph for non member registration.
you can save $5 if you join COG first.  HTH  :great:
Bob.

I am registered and requested room reservation to be reconfirmed.  See you all there. Tim

My wife and I want to make the ride from Libby Mt.. But I just found out I have a torn rotator cuff :mad:. I am going to the Dr. next week and ask if theres a brace or wrap I can ware .So there is still hope ;D

roadrider said:
My wife and I want to make the ride from Libby Mt.. But I just found out I have a torn rotator cuff :mad:. I am going to the Dr. next week and ask if theres a brace or wrap I can ware .So there is still hope ;D

Just don't be pulling hard on anything until it's fixed.  Easy for me to say without knowing just how bad you wrecked it.  ;)

Just gotta give this event the Old Man seal of approval. This event was what pulled me into my involvement with COG. Charlie G and his merry band of miscreants throw a helluva event with some outstanding riding. Got to enjoy the camaraderie in '12 and '13. Hope to make it back for '16.  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:
Did I mention Vote for me for OTP?  :) (shameless plug) C U all in Cortez ;)

Hi Jim and everybody.

I just signed up for my first Bun Cooler and first motorcycle ride out of Boise for any significant distance.  Five hours up to Kamiah, according to Google Earth.  Called Rhaelynn and reserved a room.  All OK.

Looking forward to this event!

Lone-Rider said:
TimR said:
I am registered and requested room reservation to be reconfirmed.  See you all there. Tim

You got a roomie yet Tim?

I think I may be able to make it this year...

He's sitting around, waiting for this from you.

Yes registered!  :)
Pulling the Leesure'Lite tent trailer with the C12 so will be located in campground.  :motonoises: :great: :))

TLR said:
Hi Jim and everybody.

I just signed up for my first Bun Cooler and first motorcycle ride out of Boise for any significant distance.  Five hours up to Kamiah, according to Google Earth.  Called Rhaelynn and reserved a room.  All OK.

Looking forward to this event!

TLR - We are looking forward to you joining in on the fun an camaraderie -- this is truly a fun event with great people.  Looking forward to meeting you!  ~ Kari and Bruce

roadrider said:

Bruce, yours must be more torn than mine was. I rode with a torn rotator cuff a couple of years before it git fixed. I can feel the results of too many twisty roads.  It's still not perfect but better. But the  the torn cuff never kept me off the bike. I had mine done Feb last year and the doc assured me I would be good for the Cooler at the end of May for last years Cooler. My shoulder did OK at Libby if there was any pain it was pretty minor. But then I didn't deal much with a pillion when stopped either.

Hope to see you thee.

I checked with the resort today and they have no rooms and just 4 cabins left. I know some of the guys have already booked rooms at the Clearwater Motel. You better get a room if you are going.

I thought I had already registered for this event. It appears I only have my room reserved. So I went ahead and registered.

We have had a real mild winter and I've been dual sport riding in places that I usually can't get to until May or June. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in bringing their dual sport and riding some of the mountain roads. I'm sure the Elk City Wagon Road will be open and probably most of the Lolo Motorway. Plus there are other great rides.

I was thinking if there was enough interest I would lead a dual sport ride. What do you guys think?

We will have our usual BBQ at our house for those who come on Thurs. We will provide everything except BYOB. There will be drinks available if you can't pack it on your bike. We live just off Hwy 12 about 12 miles east of Lewiston so you can stop on the way to Kamiah or ride back down. PM me if you need the directions.

Fri. we will also be doing a ride for those who show up early. We will probably decide where at the BBQ.

I forgot to mention that you need to let us know if you will be attending our BBQ. We need to know so we have enough food.

You can email me at - jimsher70@gmail.com

I shall not return.. this year
Wed I accepted a long stapled, (40+ staples), scar where the right hip joint replacement was accomplished.
Hoo boy this is a major deal!
Scooting around on a walker.

:goodpost:

Yes please get better. BUT From what I've heard you will like the results after you have healed up. 

I wonder how long before he figures out how to use a walker in conjunction with a Connie?  :motonoises: :)

Get well soon, Dan.

Thanks for the thoughts!
I am getting around now tho on the smaller wheels!
First day of PT. OK
Will stop in at the local square dance workshop tonite to say hi.

Hi Jim and all,

I'm signed up and registered, except for the food or dinner/buffet, whatever that is.

How do I sign up for that?

Call the resort?

On the calendar page, click on the event, that will take you to the event page, click on "member registration" On the registration, banquet and T shirt are add ons, you make your selection of meal, size and style of shirt (if you want one) But you pay for the banquet at the event to the lodge. This is assuming you haven't already done the above. If you have, you can go back, review, and edit it. HTH.

Make sure you register and order you meal before the 20th. I have to turn in the meal count by then. You can still come, but will have to order off the menu unless they have some food left.

If you have registered, or even thinking about registering for the Bun Cooler, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE update your profile with your name, place of residence,  and forum name, if applicable.  I am trying to get name tags done and it would sure be nice if I had the information  to put on them without going on my own search  and destroy mission. If you are bringing a guest that Is not a COG member, please send  their info to me at: glenasherman33@gmail.com. I would hate to spend so much time trying to get this information that I don't have time to make cookies for registration. ;)

No cookies. .... that's kinda harsh that was the reason I planned on coming  :D... and the rain in Grangeville  love that stuff  :beerchug:

Bill

As I hadn't heard anything about name tag for this years Cooler I located my 2014 name tag and planned to wear it  ;D Glad to hear I won't have to recycle it.  :great: 

Don't forget to let us know if you are coming to the BBQ on Thurs at our house so we have enough food. I've seen some of you guys eat. If you haven't been here before send me a PM and include your email address and I'll email you instructions.

Jim I didn't notice a time or does it matter. Red Fox and I were thinking about coming maybe a little early for socializing. I also contacted Lewis and Clark about late arrivals. They will stay up for us if we give them an approximate time. Tim

Any time will work. Some will get here later, but we will be ready to socialize and drink a little bit of beer any time.

Hey Jim,
  watch your mailbox for the paperwork package from Ken Ford.  He's sending the stuff straight to you so you're not waiting for me to get there with it.  Should be the waivers, other paperwork and a yellow sign from the AMA.

I'll watch for it.

We have had a couple of cancels and several new people register. I think they have been waiting on the weather. They must have forgot I ordered sunny weather. We are now over 60 people and a new record.

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
I'll watch for it.

We have had a couple of cancels and several new people register. I think they have been waiting on the weather. They must have forgot I ordered sunny weather. We are now over 60 people and a new record.

Wow!  We'll have to promote next year's event and see how many we can get to return for the 25th annual in 2016.

Thanks for being the go-to guy on this.  You, Glenna, Kari and Bruce put together a Class A event for us, and I appreciate it.

Wow, 60 people.  Glad to hear we get name tags!

Weather forecast today looks great through Sunday, then about 50% chance of rain on Monday, from Kamiah, Lewiston, down to Cascade.  If forecast changes for the better, I'll stay an extra day.

Looking forward to getting on the road early tomorrow.  Hope to show up by about 2 PM or so.  Save me some cookies, please.

62 was the final head count.

It wouldn't be a complete COG event without at least one bike being worked on.  :hum:

Chuck Lawrence and Gregg Sundstrom follow me around a corner.  :motonoises:

Chuck and Gregg at an overlook near Juliaetta.

Chuck follows me around a corner on U.S. Hwy 12 alongside the Clearwater River.

Looks like you had a good turn out and great weather, Gary.

Nice to see Gregg riding.

C'ya in a couple of weeks.