• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2015 Spider Ride #20

Tony K

I have reserved the pavilion and camp sites for the '15 Spider on the dates of Sept. 17 thru 20 at Huzzah Valley, Steelville Mo.
Just thought I'd put this out here for those that need to make plans this far out. The event will be pretty much the same as always.
I'll post again when i finish the details and get it on the cog-online calender.

Tony

Ewok, nothing to do with the three wheeled machine. Everything to do with great riding and a good time!!

This will be my second time there and I'm looking forward to it big time.

I've never attended one of these events, member less than a year. Can you tell what the registration fee is going to be yet?

Robby1953 said:
I've never attended one of these events, member less than a year. Can you tell what the registration fee is going to be yet?

In the past it has been $25.00  which includes Fri. & Sat. dinner, non alcoholic drinks & morning coffee. Camping is $11.00 I think.

Cliff  :beerchug:

The rally fee has been $25 if you preregister and $30 for show ups. Might have to bump that this year by $5 as the prices for every thing
keep rising. You gets two evening meals, coffee,tea ,cereal,rolls,soft drinks,water,maps,route sheets, bon fire,attendance prize and a pavillon.
You will get your money's worth. Camping runs about $11 a nite. Showers are coin operated.

BUMP
Just 6 1/2 weeks away. Started working on this thing this week. Non perishables bought and packed.
I look forward to seeing everyone. Info and registration forms can be had on the NC Sept. calender.
For those who might be unfamilar with this event, It will be held Sept 17-20. It draws around 50 particpants making it the largest NC event.

BE THERE !

I will be doing T-shirts again
post or email with size
Shirts will be dry wicking long sleeve
jkerkow@outlook.com

LSGiant said:
I will be doing T-shirts again
post or email with size
Shirts will be dry wicking short sleeve
jkerkow@outlook.com

Jeff, put me down for a large.

I'm in for a large too :)
What would you think of a long sleeve option? I'm knee deep in short sleeve shirts and really low on long ones.

2fast said:
I'm in for a large too :)
What would you think of a long sleeve option? I'm knee deep in short sleeve shirts and really low on long ones.

I'm in the same boat, a long sleeve would be nice.

Long sleeve it is.  Looking at Kawasaki green as we have been matching the bike color for each year.

They will also have something commemorating the 20th anniversary

Aww, man...there's only about 5 days a year when I can wear a long sleeve tee!  :))
You guys need to move south. No, wait, never mind. Too many of ya down here already! ;)

Eddie-FL said:
Aww, man...there's only about 5 days a year when I can wear a long sleeve tee!  :))
You guys need to move south. No, wait, never mind. Too many of ya down here already! ;)

Moisture wicking actually cooler than short sleeves and protects you from the dangerous UV radiation.

How many do you want ?

Spider registrations are coming in. (12)  So far  Mo, Ar, , Ne, Ks, IL, Ky, SC, FL are represented.

Jeff, Please order me 2 LG, 1 XL, 1 XXXL shirts.

I'm in. I'm finally going to make this one. My wife graciously approved my absence to her annual family reunion that weekend. My vacation day request was approved this morning. The registration is going in the mail today.

Jeff, I'll take an XL shirt. I need the added arm length for my ape arms.

Cookie said:
I'm in. I'm finally going to make this one. My wife graciously approved my absence to her annual family reunion that weekend. My vacation day request was approved this morning. The registration is going in the mail today.

Jeff, I'll take an XL shirt. I need the added arm length for my ape arms.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Schedule cleared out...Lisa & I are gonna make it.

Tony, we'll get registration mailed ASAP.

Jeff, put us down for an XL and a 3XL.

Attached are a couple of the routes from previous Spider Rides.

I will see if I can get some of the others from Tony and convert them to electronic versions before the event.

Attachments

• Alley Springs Loop.gdb
    70.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Alley Springs Loop.gpx
    236.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Herman Loop.gdb
    71.8 KB · Views: 104
Tony add me to the list - just filled out the form -mail out tomorrow. I'll try not to fall off my bike this time  :)  I know Gary doesn't like the paperwork

Jeff I also would like the long sleeve wick style shirt - 2xl for me please - thanks

Check and registration form in the mail, and looking forward to seeing all of my COG friends again.
There will be 4 or 5 of us heading over from our big SE rally Run With the Wolf in Suches, GA. We expect 100+ riders again for this event, and if you have some spare time, consider coming to Suches the week before to join us. RWTW is in a primo riding area, and the camping at Two Wheels of Suches is hard to beat.
I'll be in early and leave late as usual, so come join me for an extra couple of days of camping. Maybe I'll stop at my buddy Cliff's house to catch my breath for a night or two, and beat up his two wheeler again.
Tony does a great job putting this event on. A good time to meet some COG members, get to make some friends, and an opportunity for first timers to see what COG is all about. Super nice folks all.

On the road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again.

Just a month till Spider !
Got it Al. Welcome back. If you guys get here early and need anything , Let me know.

I mailed in my registration. 

For making camping reservations which Pavilion is reserved and I'm guessing most camp near it???  We do need to make camping reservations right?

Loren

I have always just showed up and paid at the store.  I don't think you need reservations unless you would prefer a cabin.

Loren said:
I mailed in my registration. 

For making camping reservations which Pavilion is reserved and I'm guessing most camp near it???  We do need to make camping reservations right?

Loren

Loren, It's kind of tough to tell on your photo, but on their website, you can see Shelter #1, and we kind of just occupy all of the campsites in #10 though #17 and set up in the field north of the shelter.  Basically follow the gravel road past the store, around the corner, past the cabins/shower into a field that will most likely be full of funny looking motorcycles and brightly colored tents. 

20263185553_73ce568776_z.jpg

Looking south toward the shelter. 

Loren.... you don't need to reserve a camp site unless you require electric. You DO need to pay for camping at the store. Just tell them you are with COG and they will direct you
to pavilion # 1.  Both the river Rd or the road at the entrance will take you to our site. Got your registration yesterday.  Thanks

Tundra Tom...... Great to see that you two are attending.

NOTE....If you are staying in Huzzah's cabins etc , you need to provide your own linens, Towels. Pillows , soap etc.

I have 28 registered to date.  Keep em coming !

Ok Tony, registration is in the mail. Looking forward to it, especially since it's my first one. 
Oh, and a 2XL on the shirt.. See y'all there.

Jim

Rumor has it that we will have a few hundred dollars in major vendor gift certs to award on Saturday night. If you are not a paid up full COG member.....now is the time to join so you are eligible to win!  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Man, I am looking forward to this again this year :))

Yes Jeff, It appears we will have good showing from MN. and KS.    Thanks SoonerOne. I was hoping OK. would be represented.

Thanks for the prizes Brian.      Who's bringing the NC banner ?

WANTED........Still need people to represent  Mi ,In ,Tn. SD , ND.

Brian........You need to wash Tom's  mouth out with whiskey. The nerve of that guy.

As of today we have 38 registered !  More to come in yet.

I will be heading the opposite direction that weekend.  Ya'll have a nice ride!

Jeff,  If you need to round out a t-shirt order for a price break, I will take an XL.

Tony I sent you a PM a while ago.
Trying to get this time off from work. I have a project running right up to the day before the event and leaving this Tuesday to Charlotte..Again. Only good thing is that with my new situation, my place is only 5 minutes from MCI airport so I can have everything ready to rock when I land and only need to gear up. If I make this, it's the 1st and last ride of the year.

Think you can answer my PM..Through PM?

Thanks Bud

Rick........Just show up if you can.

At this time we already have 45 registered from 14 states. Looks to be BIG !

Still a couple of days for T shirts Tony has 45 entries but I only have 32 T shirt orders. Don't miss out on a one of kind this year only design.

Below is a list of who I have so far. I know some of you have multiples.

Cliff
Jeff K
Joane
Eddie M
Michael S
Jeff P.
Gary M
Tony K
Jim B
Jim P
Kevin G
Tom Hunt
Barry
Denise
Al N.
Brian K
Tom W
James C
Bill S
Harold M
Alex K
Loren M
Richard W
Scott C
David R

For anyone that could answer, never been to spider b4, thought I was going to print out and mail registration form but electronic registration popped up staying payment due on arrival, is this correct? BTW I had clicked on the event in the event calendar. Is there another place to get a mail in with check registration form?
If I want to camp is pre registration needed with the campsite?  If camping besides tent and such, is food preparation equipment needed,  firewood available at that location?
Sorry for all the questions but if you don't know, you should ask I guess.

[/quote]
LSGiant, how much are the shirts ea?
[/quote]

I won't have the final price until I order. They are going to be long sleeve moisture wicking shirts. I do not make any profit. I just divide the cost by the order. I promise they will be a good value.

LSGiant said:
LSGiant, how much are the shirts ea?

I won't have the final price until I order. They are going to be long sleeve moisture wicking shirts. I do not make any profit. I just divide the cost by the order. I promise they will be a good value.

I'll take 1 large, think I'm going to try to make it to the event.

[/quote]

I'll take 1 large, think I'm going to try to make it to the event.
[/quote]

Got you on the list

Robby1953 said:
For anyone that could answer, never been to spider b4, thought I was going to print out and mail registration form but electronic registration popped up staying payment due on arrival, is this correct? BTW I had clicked on the event in the event calendar. Is there another place to get a mail in with check registration form?
If I want to camp is pre registration needed with the campsite?  If camping besides tent and such, is food preparation equipment needed,  firewood available at that location?
Sorry for all the questions but if you don't know, you should ask I guess.
Robby1953.....Go to the Sept. NC calendar and click on registration form and download and print. We reserved your campsite, we provide a campfire, We provide Fri and Sat
suppers. We provide morning coffee,cereal and sweet rolls to get you going . Please call me if you need help 636 583 9789
Tony

Tony K said:
Robby1953.....Go to the Sept. NC calendar and click on registration form and download and print. We reserved your campsite, we provide a campfire, We provide Fri and Sat
suppers. We provide morning coffee,cereal and sweet rolls to get you going . Please call me if you need help 636 583 9789
Tony
Thanks Tony, registration is going in the mail this morning, thanks for the help, I did finally see the link for the form. I'll be a first timer so totally lost most of the time. Should arrive sometime Friday afternoon to set up. Any guidance offered is much appreciated. Really looking forward to it, been a long time since I've camped and never on the bike.

Robby1953...... From your direction, take Mo. 8 west from Potosi maybe 20 miles. Go past " Bass "  to Huzzah Valley ( Big red barn on left )
Pay for your camping at the store ( tell the pretty girl that you are with COG )
The rest will take care of it self. See Ya !

[/quote]
Thanks Tony, registration is going in the mail this morning, thanks for the help, I did finally see the link for the form. I'll be a first timer so totally lost most of the time. Should arrive sometime Friday afternoon to set up. Any guidance offered is much appreciated. Really looking forward to it, been a long time since I've camped and never on the bike.
[/quote]

If you forget anything we will have the RV pretty much stocked with everything. The store at the campground has a nice supply of the stuff that is typically forgotten also.

LSGiant said:
If you forget anything we will have the RV pretty much stocked with everything. The store at the campground has a nice supply of the stuff that is typically forgotten also.

Thanks LSGiant, that's good to know I always forget something I need and pack a lot off what I never use, got to start going through our camping stuff, should work out okay cause everything was pretty much bought for backpack camping.

:)

UPDATE:      WOW !  We have 54 registered to date and more coming in. Fourteen states represented with another one promised. Looks to be the biggest SPIDER ever.

It would help if those who are trailering or have RV's could bring a couple xtra camp fire chairs and a beer cooler in case we run short.

I sure hate to miss the RWTW this weekend but sure am looking forward to the time off and the ride over with Dad to hang out with you guys the week after!!  See you all there!

Tony K said:
UPDATE:      WOW !  We have 54 registered to date and more coming in. Fourteen states represented with another one promised. Looks to be the biggest SPIDER ever.

It would help if those who are trailering or have RV's could bring a couple xtra camp fire chairs and a beer cooler in case we run short.

We will bring coolers and as many chairs as we have.

For those who ordered T- Shirts the cost will be $15.00 each.

These are going to be long sleeve moisture wicking.

I will take cash or check at the Spider.

Tony K said:

Tony, I have a large cooler and couple extra chairs to bring. We are planning on being there Wednesday night.

Tundra Tom said:
Tony K said:

Tony, I have a large cooler and couple extra chairs to bring. We are planning on being there Wednesday night.
Thanks Tom That's GREAT !

Holy Crap !!!!!              62 registered and more on the way.      15 states represented        6 father/son duo's    10 Ladies

Tony K said:
  Holy Crap !!!!!              62 registered and more on the way.      15 states represented        6 father/son duo's    10 Ladies

Wow...what a testament to 20 years & the fantastic event you put on, Tony.

Or maybe they all just heard that I'm on a CPAP now & I won't snore anyone out of the campground anymore.  :nananana:

Either way, Lisa & I can't wait til Thursday. See you all soon!

Gave the bikes a minor washing yesterday and got them loaded in the trailer. The days leading up to departure are going to be hell.
Joane and I are really looking forward to getting away. We will be taking off Wednesday after work. Goal is to make it to Waterloo Iowa that night.

We should be rolling in to Huzzah Valley early Thursday afternoon. We will be in the Itasca RV with the North Central Banner on the Trailer.
We will be grilling our dinner for Thursday evening. If anyone wants to pick up  there own meat to cook on their way in on Thursday we should have enough cooler space to store it, and you will be welcome to use the grill and stuff to cook your fixins.

Look forward to seeing you all.

I just got home a couple hours ago from attending RWTW in GA. Can't wait to head back out on Thurs. for the Spider.

See ya'll Thurs!

Cliff, I am as ready as I have been for a ride in a long time!  See you guys Thursday!  It's been a bit for me getting to a Spider Ride with it and the RWTW only a few days apart for the last few years so I am pumped!

It's looking like we may have 70  attending this year. WOW ! Oh Crap !
Weather is looking GOOD ! Highs in the 80's    Lows in the 60's chance of some rain on Fri. night, then cooler on Sat.
I intend to arrive about 10:00 am on Thurs. to set up. 

I have four coolers to bring and a half a dozen chairs. Tony PM or post if you think of anything else you want me to throw in or pick up along the way.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

LSGiant said:
I have four coolers to bring and a half a dozen chairs. Tony PM or post if you think of anything else you want me to throw in or pick up along the way.

Looking forward to seeing you all.
Jeff, Thanks for all you do. We are going  to be OK.    See you Thurs.

Moto2wheelin said:
Cliff, I am as ready as I have been for a ride in a long time!  See you guys Thursday!  It's been a bit for me getting to a Spider Ride with it and the RWTW only a few days apart for the last few years so I am pumped!

Brian, you've been a little ride deprived since moving to TX. this is going to be a great time. See you there!

Tony K said:
It's looking like we may have 70  attending this year. WOW ! Oh Crap !
Weather is looking GOOD ! Highs in the 80's    Lows in the 60's chance of some rain on Fri. night, then cooler on Sat.
I intend to arrive about 10:00 am on Thurs. to set up. 

Tony, the large number is a credit to all the hard work you do to make this happen. Can't wait to get there.

You know how they say you should never work on your bike right before a trip? Well, I'm heading to the Spider on Thursday, so last night I looked at my front tire and decided I better throw on a new one. Great, got the morning free and tire in hand. No problem. Then I start taking it apart up front and notice the right fork is leaking and the right brakes are saturated. Doh :-\  Ran around like a headless chicken and it's all back together after changing fork oil, doing the seal scraper fix, new brakes and new tire. Pheww :great: Long as the fork stays dry, its all good. Can't wait to head on down for the weekend :motonoises:

Attachments

• P1240407 (Medium).JPG
    P1240407 (Medium).JPG
    126 KB · Views: 116
Excited for my first spider ride. See ya's Thursday afternoon.  Dr. McGillicuddy will be riding with me...

Attachments

• drmc.jpg
    drmc.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 94
Oil is changed on the FJR. Need to melt a few layers of bugs off the windshield and it will be road ready. Some things are packed and the rest will be packed on the bike tonight. Hope to get on the road by 7:00 AM Thursday.

Looking forward to this event. Work has been over the top and I need a break.

Jeff, I hope you have room in your cooler for some hoppy/malty beverages.

See everyone Thursday evening.

Rally trailer all loaded, CK
Weather GOOD ( rain over night on Fri. , then cooler )  CK
Record attendance  CK
Prizes    CK

We're Ready !            ETA  Huzzah Valley Thur. 10:00 AM

Hanging around Greenbrier, AR to get out with Cliff tomorrow for the ride north.
Back to back weekend rallies don't suck at all.

Just letting y'all know...we got a late start and are looking at holing up in either Jeff City or Rolla tonight. We'll see everyone tomorrow.

Think I'm going to have to figure out how to put side boards on the bike to haul all this stuff, maybe should have planned a little better!
:))

Thanks Tony for the great event and all your hard work.... 

Here are my photos from the weekend!  I hope to be back again next year.

https://picasaweb.google.com/117964629823874914239/SpiderRide2015?authkey=Gv1sRgCJmN3cmKhLaS-gE

Fantastic weekend with interesting people, roads and weather! I started out cooking in the sun on Thursday and Friday, finished up shivering at my pre dawn departure today.  All good :) Banged off the 600 mile trip home by 4:30  :motonoises:.  Thanks to Tony especially and all of the support crew that made it happen again!  Pics to follow.

Great time at my first Spider Ride! Thanks to Tony and crew for a great job. I REALLY like those Missouri roads!!

From another first timer, thank you Tony and crew for a great rally. Enjoyed my time there seeing old friend's and making new one's as well...
Jim

Lisa & I made it in @ about 6:30. The virus that she was getting over on the way down hit me today. Made for an eventful ride home...don't think I've ever felt that crappy on the bike. Just glad the chills I just started having held off until we got home.

Thanks to all for a fantastic weekend, and especially to Gary Hasert & Mike Mockridge for a great ride yesterday.

Special thanks, of course, go to Tony for all of the organization the past 9 Spider Rides. I know it takes a lot of people chipping in to pull off an event, but without the right puppeteer pulling all the strings, it can become a mess. Enjoy your new role as Spider Ride Host Emeritus, and we look forward to #21 with Gary Mazzola at the helm. Now I just need the football scheduling gods to be kind once again...  :D

It was absolutely a good time!  Rode 420 miles of very good MO roads and threw in a few more coming and going from the rally for a total of 1223 miles for the weekend!  I really needed the trip and was proud to see everyone there!  Tony, great job as always!!  Looking forward to seeing everyone as soon as possible again.