• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2015 Volcano Ride Aug 15 rescheduled

danodemotoman

COG 2877
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=205915&mo=8&tDate={d%20%272015-08-27%27}
Plan ahead.
18th consecutive year for the Volcano Ride.
Featuring the active Mt St Helens volcano and great roads to ride.  :motonoises:

I am bummed I will miss it this year, but after three weeks of riding in Europe it would be bad form for me to leave my wife home alone the day after I get back in order to go riding with my friends.  :'(

However, the rest of you guys go have fun.  Dan puts on a pretty good ride. :great: :motonoises:

Date changed to Aug 15
Before I read this reply I asked about changing the date I have another reason to do so.
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
I am bummed I will miss it this year, but after three weeks of riding in Europe it would be bad form for me to leave my wife home alone the day after I get back in order to go riding with my friends.  :'(

However, the rest of you guys go have fun.  Dan puts on a pretty good ride. :great: :motonoises:

Wow!  :-\  Coming up FAST!  :motonoises:  This Sat  ;)    4 wake ups to go!  :a012:  :motonoises:
https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=205915&mo=8&tDate={d%20%272015-08-11%27}

Well, tear off my lips...I need to find a worm hole that can get me there in 1 hour instead of 17+ hours.  :'( :(
Maybe, next time...  ;)

Ahh bummer I told a friend I would go for a boat ride with him Saturday. He text me this morning back at the dock at 10:00, already limited out.

Thanks to Dan and Charlie for a great ride today and taking the time to show me the ropes on riding in a group. The volcano was topped with clouds but that didn't keep us from having a good time. I hope I didn't slow you guys down too much trough the curves. Thanks again, and I'll see you on the next ride!  :great:

Sorry I mussed you guy's Braz.
                                                I was really looking forward to meeting you and Charlie and Dan. The new metal valve stems I ordered to replace the cracked out rubber, ones arrived this afternoon. I am going to try and put them on tomorrow without removing the wheels off the bike.
    I may try to at least check out Charlie's place/or another M.T.E. before we move.

Braz is cool  :great: :great: :great: 

We had a great ride.  The weather was perfect, and the pace was mellow, which allowed scenery to be seen and everybody to feel no pressure to keep up.  It was a good ride, and I always enjoy meeting people new to COG rides and events.  John appeared to think we were worth another chance, so I don't think he was just being polite when he expressed interest in a future COG event.

John is cool. :great: :beerchug: :motonoises:

Steve, good luck with those valve stems.  Breaking the beads on the tires without removing any wheels might be a pretty neat trick.  Keep a camera handy.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
We had a great ride.  The weather was perfect, and the pace was mellow, which allowed scenery to be seen and everybody to feel no pressure to keep up.  It was a good ride, and I always enjoy meeting people new to COG rides and events.  John appeared to think we were worth another chance, so I don't think he was just being polite when he expressed interest in a future COG event.

John is cool. :great: :beerchug: :motonoises:

Steve, good luck with those valve stems.  Breaking the beads on the tires without removing any wheels might be a pretty neat trick.  Keep a camera handy.

It worked like a charm Charlie, took a 1/2 hour to do. I saved myself $190.00 by not taking it to Hillsboro Motosports, ( I bet they were flat rating me) LOL. :)

Charlie is way cool, welcome back, I'll try and catch another ride before we leave.  :great: :great: :great: