• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2015 windscreen parts?

hammerash

Looking at a 2015 that has a V-Stream screen. Looks like it is mounted like a pre-2015 screen and the owner doesn't have the OEM mounting parts or the OEM screen. Is this an issue? Tried looking at parts diagrams but since I have never owned a Connie and never took one apart, hard to tell what all I would need to mount a screen made for 2015+ if I wanted.

Beginning in 2015 the windscreen added the adjustable vent feature. The lifting bracket is the same as a pre 2015. He had to have used the bolts and covers that came with the bike, or bought the bolts and covers from a pre2015 to m mount the V-stream. They dont come with any additional hardware to mount to the bike.

If u go to partszilla website u will see the difference when u go.to the windscreen tab.

If u wanted to go back to stock it's expensive. U might get lucky by checking the forum classified area. Some new owners have switched over to the MRA screen..

Thanks. Yes, I actually had both pics (2014 and 2015) from partzilla on my computer side by side comparing earlier. I guess he would have had to buy the caps that go over the 3 bolts that hold screen on ( on a 2010-2014) as that seems to be a part of the vent system in 2015+.

If u wanted to go back to stock it's expensive. U might get lucky by checking the forum classified area. Some new owners have switched over to the MRA screen..
@hammerash If you desire to restore the factory vent my 2017 vent is available for sale.

I switched to an aftermarket shield and removed the vent as the windshield was designed for the pre 2015 model and the windshield’s venting does not lineup with the stock opening. As was noted ALL fit-up of the windshield bracket is same in measurement and geometry before and after 2015 it’s just the added vent that has changed and the vent mechanism is stupid expensive from Kawasaki.

Wayne, Carol & Blue