• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2016 National First Timers Team

Sport rider

Iron Butt
I wanted to post a HUGE thank you to the team that helped out with the First Timer's booth and the RTEs.  We had lots of positive feedback on the job that you guys did to help first timers acclimate to the happenings.  I appreciate you being flexible and helping out all over the work schedule! 

I also had a few items of input that I intend to pass on to the 2017 National team to continue to grow and improve this vital area of COGs growth for the club.

You guys did an AWESOME job making first timers feel welcome! thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!

Even though I did not make it this year I also want to thank those folks who volunteered for the First Timers Team. This idea was hatched several years ago and myself and several others of our area group were honored to have been on the First Timers Team in
2012 and 2014. We all have been First Timers ourselves at one time and we know how it can be a little intimidating at times. But this
is a critical part of making the rally experience more enjoyable for all. Thanks again folks.

As a first timer, I too want to thank all the volunteers. Job Well Done.!
PS, Next year, if you could turn down the heat by about 20-25 degrees, that would be great.

Thanks

Bob 

I'd like to second the notion of turning the heat down by about 20-25 degrees... Just kidding!! I'd actually like to thank all the event staff for doing such a great job with the rally, and especially the 1st timers volunteers that helped us new guys. All of your efforts were deeply appreciated.

" Y' all" did a great job, whoops, I mean" all of you " did a great job of making me feel welcome !!
    ( found out at work I have to live down south for a year before using words like Y'all, they are earned :rotflmao:)
Sport Rider is cool  :great: :great: :great:

ACISROC said:
" Y' all" did a great job, whoops, I mean" all of you " did a great job of making me feel welcome !!
    ( found out at work I have to live down south for a year before using words like Y'all, they are earned :rotflmao:)
Sport Rider is cool  :great: :great: :great:

after that, you're able to graduate to "all y'all".  ;D

To all the volunteers on the First Timers Team -  :You_Rock_Emoticon:  :sign0098:  :bravo_2: :c017: :1rij:

Whoa down there a second, bub...

All I did was show up and sit down at the First Timers table.  YOU, on the other hand, were responsible for all the planning and all the setup, and for that, YOU get the kudos here.  You made it super easy for those of us who merely helped out. 

So Thank You, Dave Scott.  As they used to say, "this Bud's for you!"

Toby 

TRM-KS said:
Whoa down there a second, bub...

All I did was show up and sit down at the First Timers table.  YOU, on the other hand, were responsible for all the planning and all the setup, and for that, YOU get the kudos here.  You made it super easy for those of us who merely helped out. 

So Thank You, Dave Scott.  As they used to say, "this Bud's for you!"

Toby

it doesn't happen without a team...many hands made light work.  besides...I ran you guys all over the country side trying to make the RTE concept work.    :great:

since it's North Central next year, I kinda figured YOU might be heading it up!  Where's Brian...I gotta talk to him!  ;) :)

I will say Dave & company busted a** to make folks feel welcome. I didn't see that at my first one in Johnson City and not so much in Cortez although it got better. If you didn't get greeted this time, YOU weren't trying. I'm a little introverted sometimes and I am appreciative of what Dave did to make it work. Thanks dude!

The RTE's were a good idea and ought to be tried again with a little more prep, but hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. See you in MO!

All of you did an outstanding job! I was very impressed with the hand out's and dedicated table. It shows we learn and build on the shoulders of others. Great Job!

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey Mark, you're going to need to change your avatar photo since they're retiring The Most Interesting Man in the World.  Maybe a pic of Fais instead...

:rotflmao:

Sport Rider said:
I wanted to post a HUGE thank you to the team that helped out with the First Timer's booth and the RTEs.  We had lots of positive feedback on the job that you guys did to help first timers acclimate to the happenings.  I appreciate you being flexible and helping out all over the work schedule! 

I also had a few items of input that I intend to pass on to the 2017 National team to continue to grow and improve this vital area of COGs growth for the club.

You guys did an AWESOME job making first timers feel welcome! thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!

Dave,
Just want to thank you and your team for an excellent work done with the first timers, like myself.
Great group of people and very approachable.
I came with roader from Florida and we did most of the rides together.
But when in rally central, the folks were very receptive and helpful. A couple of them helped me to change my rear brake pads and bleed the brakes in the parking lot.
A special note to Fais. What a great guy. Thanks for the stickers and sorry I didn't stop by the camping ground, will definitely be there next time.

The issues with the first timers not finding people to ride with is very hard to address. Pace, destination, timing, riding style, etc. All that plays a role when deciding who to ride with.
But like some of you have suggested, you will only find out if you introduce yourself to a group and ask to join a ride.

I am an extreme introvert person and I had a blast at the rally. Looking forward to the next one.
Next time my wife and my 4 year-old daughter will join me for sure.

I'll also chime in with my thanks to the First Timers Team for their hard work. I include in the team all of those who had the experience of multiple rallies who made me and my wife feel welcome. We had a great time! I'm looking forward to next year already.

(Carlyson, you don't seem like an extreme introvert to me, but perhaps it's because I am as well.)

I still wish I had made a t-shirt I thought about for this one: "You know my bike, but you don't know me!" Don't think I could get away with that next year.

Swampcat said:
(Carlyson, you don't seem like an extreme introvert to me, but perhaps it's because I am as well.)

Ed,
Maybe I was a little bit 'extreme' with that statement. But I'm glad you understood.  ;)
Next time let's do some riding together.  :motonoises: