• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2017 National Camping Thread--Things that go bump in the night

G-Mazz

With the 2017 national quickly approaching I want to start a thread for our campers. 

The purpose of this thread is to introduce our campground host and provide you a chance to get the "community of campers" started before arriving at the campground.

This year Tom Weglarz will be your on-site host.  Tom is a NC area member from Wisconsin and will have his RV at the campground.  Tom will be working with Kevin Beam, Kentucky AAD and Tom Hinkler from Missouri to help provide you a comfortable and enjoyable camping experience.

This is your opportunity have Tom answer any questions you may have and more importantly get a discussion going to create your own fun at the campground.  ENJOY!!

Subscribed! This will be my wife's first National and we will be camping in a new travel trailer. I don't have any questions yet, but I am sure I will!  :beerchug: :beerchug:

I'm subscribed! Now it's time to get the TT in for a brake and bearing check. Getting ready!!!!

Greetings fellow Cogger's! Carol Lynn & I will be the Campground hosts for the 2017 National Rally.

Gary, Kevin, Jeff, Brian and myself toured the resort and camp grounds last week and I can assure you you will be pleased with the accommodations.
The campground is just down the road from the resort and there will be a shuttle service provided by the Resort, schedule TBD.
It is owned by a local home owners association and is well maintained. I will be posting any restrictions once I get them. There will be a COG sign at the entrance.

There is ample firewood provided free of charge. Heated, well lit,clean bathrooms with four sinks, two showers and multiple stalls each.

The RV sites are all filled. We will be posting your name on each site as the sizes vary. We will be in RV site #10 next to the Pavilion near the back of the campground. I will have a sign with HOST our names and my cell number for calls or texts. There is a RV dump tank near the bathrooms. Contact me via PM if you want to be next to a fellow RV'er.

Tent campsites will be around the perimeter and behind the pavilion. They are not designated and are on a first come, first served basis.

Register at the resort first as the crew will be handing out markers to hang on your tent for camping registration. Your camping fee includes all the amenities the resort has to offer.

There is limited space, if you are towing a trailer it may need to be stored at the resort which has ample trailer parking. We do not want to limit tent spaces with extra trailers and vehicles. Also no parking or storing trailers in the RV sites.

The pavilion will have Coffee in the morning, Ice chests to chill beverages, outlet strips to charge gadgets etc. I will also bring a 12 volt inflator for air beds.

More info to follow..... :great:

Thanks Tom. Yes, good directions will be helpful as it takes a LOT of room to turn some of these rigs around. Is there a map someplace we can access? I'm also taking it that we go straight to our camper site which will be marked on Sunday (afternoon)?
Thanks again.
Ron

Ron, Yes RV's can go directly to the campground on Sunday as they are pre-registered with designated locations.
I plan on arriving sometime Saturday to get set up.
As for a actual campground map I do not have one yet. Here is a video tour....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqSpuPFyW0g&feature=youtu.be

4066 Horseshoe Bend Pkwy
Village of Four Seasons, MO 65049,

This is a topographical view of location from the Resort, 1.5 miles....

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/The+Lodge+of+Four+Seasons,+Four+Seasons+Drive,+Lake+Ozark,+MO,+United+States/38.1935895,-92.7054696/@38.1907513,-92.7011673,1451m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x87c4c3e10736c71f:0x21496299f691773d!2m2!1d-92.6878134!2d38.1872267!1m0!3e0?hl=en

Camping season is about to begin out here in Oregon. Heading to the coast next weekend for our first trip of the year.

:103: :singing:

The camping fee is for Sunday night through Friday night.  Can you camp Saturday night?

Mike
Madison, WI
COG #3339

The Resort and Campground are on high ground. Some routes may be affected with road repairs.  By the time the rally rolls into town we should be fine.

Here is what will be provided at the Campground: Firewood, till it runs out - Coffee in the morning at the Pavilion - Ice chests at the Pavilion.

There is a Hy-vee store 12 miles away along with other stores, gas and restaurants in Osage Beach. Plan accordingly.

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/4066+Horseshoe+Bend+Pkwy,+Village+of+Four+Seasons,+MO+65049,+USA/Hy-Vee,+929+Hwy+D,+Osage+Beach,+MO+65065,+USA/@38.1781294,-92.6939838,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x87c4c3e5bb7debe3:0x2550181628e183!2m2!1d-92.7115683!2d38.1921064!1m5!1m1!1s0x87c4cf05700bf3cf:0x1685d01364d0fea7!2m2!1d-92.60676!2d38.161642?hl=en

Michael_Seubert_WI said:
The camping fee is for Sunday night through Friday night.  Can you camp Saturday night?

Mike
Madison, WI
COG #3339

I am wondering the same thing. I signed up to show up Sunday, but now it looks like we will be arriving Saturday. Can we get in early?

Tundra Tom said:
Here is what will be provided at the Campground: Firewood, till it runs out - Coffee in the morning at the Pavilion - Ice chests at the Pavilion.

There is a Hy-vee store 12 miles away along with other stores, gas and restaurants in Osage Beach. Plan accordingly.

There is a Woods Supermarket up by the intersection with Business 54 (Bagnell Dam Blvd) that's only about 5 minutes away.  Good store, been there many times.

I'm not sure this is worthy of a new post but it's camping related and Nationals  are suddenly just around the corner so... What is the one item you always forget to pack for a camping bike trip? This will be my 4th attempt at camping and I have already packed:

A pillow, forgot this all three times previous
Towel and wash cloth, missed this last time, hello Wal Mart!

How about you veterans, any additions or sage advice?
Thanks, Jim

For me personally it was medication and a small flashlight.  Like you said a store and a charge card takes care of the remaining items like clothing and toiletries .

Rest easy there is about any type of store you would need near the campground.

Looks like I'm buying towels, :-[ I know I didn't pack any in the cooler I shipped and they are not going to fit on the bike.

Gumby said:
Looks like I'm buying towels, :-[ I know I didn't pack any in the cooler I shipped and they are not going to fit on the bike.

Thank you. Drying off in front of the wall mounted hand dryer after your shower would be.....disturbing just doesn't seem to "cover it."  :))

Not a camping "forget" but once we drove off to Florida for a week and left our suitcases in the driveway...Discovered it later.... Wally World Wardrobe for the week. Thankfully since it was Fl and we were young, we only needed a couple of bathing suits, towels, and flipflops...

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Never thought of that. I HAVE seen young people mistake a round handwashing station for a urinal, though...

You've heard of a parts washer? That's a parts DRYER. See? One spot for each "part."

Clem said:
I'm not sure this is worthy of a new post but it's camping related and Nationals  are suddenly just around the corner so... What is the one item you always forget to pack for a camping bike trip? This will be my 4th attempt at camping and I have already packed:

Thanks, Jim

Our "rolling Ramada" usually has all kinds of things. If in need come over to the Winnebago Minnie.  :beerchug:

Clem said:

Thanks, Jim

At our house, we say no camping trip is complete without a trip to WalMart

kathybrj said:
Clem said:

Thanks, Jim

Hey Kathy, did you guys get a spot at the campground? I need to meet you two. We'll be in the red/black/& white Work and Play toyhauler with the white F-250. See you there.
Ron

Our "rolling Ramada" usually has all kinds of things. If in need come over to the Winnebago Minnie.  :beerchug:

Wondering about having electric and how long an extension cord I'll need to run a cpap machine. Are there multiple locations for power?

Leo Weisman

Toller said:
Wondering about having electric and how long an extension cord I'll need to run a cpap machine. Are there multiple locations for power?

Leo Weisman
I seriously think we should consider change the name of the club to the "CPAP Owners Group"  :rotflmao: :D

Toller said:

Leo Weisman

Leo, I'm in the same boat as you are. Fortunately, I'm trailering in with the C10 & the Sherpa, so I'm throwing every extension cord I've got in the truck.

I have a jump starter pack with built in inverter that I've used several times, including at the Spider, but this is too many days in a row for it to work all week long. It takes about 18 hours to charge fully, so after a couple nights, there isn't enough time to charge & get all the way through the night.

TH

Tom and Leo:

If I recall correctly there are three power poles in the tent camping area each with an outlet.  The pavilion also has power outlets and is located at the edge of the tent area.  In addition to your extension cord I recommend you bring a power strip since others may need to use the outlets.

My brother in law has a solar charger he uses on his battery CPAP I believe he mad the whole week last time we were dry camping.

If there is anyone that uses and needs a cpap bring it along, I'm trailering (for the first time) and will bring any extension cord, outlet strips and splitter I can find around the house that will help you sleep better and quieter which will then in turn help me and other light sleepers sleep better.  :beerchug:

The campground is SUPER EASY to find, however your GPS may not have the road in its directory.

The site is located at 187 Campground Rd.  There is a sign 4' square sign "FOUR SEASONS CAMPGROUND" and we will have a COG sign next to it to mark the road by Saturday late afternoon.

The campground site is 1.1 miles past the entrance to the Lodge.  Continue straight past the Lodge on (HH), also called Horseshoe Bend Parkway and the entrance to campground is on the right side of the road. 
Use the Lodge address in your gps and it will get you there:

Lodge of Four Seasons
315 Four Seasons Dr.
Lake Ozark, MO  65049

We will have signs marking each RV space with your name if you prefer to park your rigs and unpack prior to checking in. 
The Lodge parking lot is large enough to move your RV through the lot.  However it is a large resort and I can't promise a car won't be parked in an area they shouldn't which might make it a little slow going for you.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.  Thanks for all your willingness to help each other out during your week stay. 

So is there a special high sign, opener code or armed security that will allow us to pass into the campground area? White carnation? Oops, forgot, we'll be the ones on motorcycles.

I've about 50' of extension cord. At least with the bipap, I don't need to be quarantined for sounding like a bear.

Be seeing many of you on Sunday.

This was left behind at the Campground behind the pavilion, left side of the road. PM me your name and address and I will send it to you.