• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2017 OtP Voting Open until March 13

Sport rider

Iron Butt
Requirements for Voting
1) Current COG/GCE Members are entitled to 1 Vote.
2) An Associate Member {of a Current COG/GCE Member} is entitled to 1 vote.
3) Significant Others {That are NOT Associate members}, can vote 1 time.
      BUT (before Voting) a $10 Minimum donation must be made to "Over the Pond" by that person.
4) Forum Subscribers (with a minimum of 20 posts, and registration prior to OtP announcement date) can vote 1 time, but before voting a $10 Minimum Donation must be made to "Over the Pond" by that person.
5) Non-Members can vote 1 time, but before voting a $15 Minimum donation must be made to "Over the Pond" by that person

vote here  otpvotes@cog-online.org

Btw.... Donations are the fuel that drives this unique program.  Remember to donate early and often!!!

BIOs of the Candidates:

Dan Breeden - SantaCruzRider
“I came to motorcycling a bit late in life and my first real experience was the summer after high school when I joined a group of 20 friends for a 3-day weekend at someone’s vacation house near Palm Springs, Calif.  The house had a few dirt bikes and I spent hours riding through the hills and desert trails that started right outside the home’s backdoor. I won’t go into details, but I ended up buying my friend a new motorcycle, and I started college on crutches (where in I learned that cute girls who wouldn’t normally give me a second look were coming out of the woodwork to help me with doors, books and my backpack – I miss those crutches). In case anyone at GTR who may be responsible for providing the OtP loaner bike misses the point of this story – I bought my friend a NEW bike, and we are still friends.

Years went by before I bought my own bike. I was in my late 20s, living in Hawaii. The only motorcycle dealership on the Big Island was a Harley shop, so I bought a Sportster.  It had all the attractions and flaws of a Harley, but in retrospect was actually a great bike for an island where no matter which direction you headed, in 8 hours you’d be back where you started. I rode with several friends and we were a motley mix of Harleys, Hondas and a couple FJs. I quickly learned that I could hang with them in the canyons, but the FJs would stretch their legs when we hit the flats of the lava fields.

I met my wife while on that Sporty and after chatting she and her friends up for several hours, asked if she wanted to go for ride. She agreed, and away we went.

After nearly 8 years in Hawaii, my wife and I moved to Guam, where our son was born. A year and a half later, we were back in the states, living in Santa Cruz, Calif.  – the Harley stayed in Guam. After a couple of years to settle in and get over the shock of real estate prices in Silicon Valley, I bought a used and neglected 1994 Concours. The bike needed help, but it ran and over the next 6 years I put 65,000 miles on it.

Of course I joined COG as a forum member as soon as the Concours was in my garage. I saw great value in all the technical advice and Chalk Dust docs and it was only a couple months before I became a paid member – in 2008.

There wasn’t much happening in the SW Region back then (that was pre-Mark H.), so I hosted several COG rides of my own – which is probably an exaggeration for what I really did, which was post something on the forum inviting folks join me on a ride and then getting 1-2 fellow COGgers to show up. Not a huge commercial success, but I met some great riders and nice folks.

In 2014 COG needed a new managing editor for The Concourier magazine and I raised my hand. For the following two years, I helped put together the publication, and we never missed delivering an issue. It was a project I really enjoyed and brought me into contact with COG members across the country – all of whom I expect to vote for me!!!”

Mark Hartman – Old Man on a Connie
“The name is Mark Hartman "Old Man on a Connie" or OMC. I'm the current SWAD. This is my 2nd nomination for OTP and again I thank you all. I've been riding some form of motor driven 2 wheel transportation for close to 50 years now. Wore out many a pair of chucks trying to get the briggs and Stratton whoa'd up. Cruisers and Harley's never really appealed to me. I liked g forces from throttle and brakes and turns. My first "Sport Tour" adventure was before the term was coined. I think in '85. A buddy of mine and I loaded up our CB750's with nylon horse saddlebags and back packs and spent 7 day's riding from the Mexico Border in So Cal to Klamath Lake in Or. We rode the mountains all the way up and the coast all the way down. I faired a little bit better than my buddy as I had my deuce gear and slickers from the Marine Corps. No GPS, cell phone, intercom, heated grips.........an awesome ride. (DANG COMPUTER KEYS)

I stepped away from street bikes in the late 80's early 90's when I found myself surrounded by ninjas and vfrs owned by kids from Newport that had bikes bought by the rich daddies with lot's of money and zero skills in Ortega Canyon. I went dirt biking and desert racing 1st on an XR600 with a ton of mods and then a Husky610 racing District 37 open vet class. In my final year of competition I achieved a V17 number out of about 800 open vets. Pretty proud of that. Then the Elsinore Grand Prix put me in a wheel chair for about 3 months and I never got my off road speed back.

My last bike before the 14 hunney was a 1200s bandit that I set up with a taller wind screen, soft saddle bags, tail bag and tank bag. The Counterweight (She balances me) and I toured that for about 2 years but 2 up the seat was bit cramped and luggage was limited. In 2011 I was watching the Tour De France and found a sexy beast C14 I couldn't stop admiring. 3 weeks later I was winging my way to No Carolina to pick up the fastest color C14 and ride her home. And that was also an awesome ride. Shortly after that I found the greatest club and people that I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

I was minted as an AD after searching for some activity in the SW and finding none. With the encouragement of a few folks I call the plankholders, in a little Bfast place in Durango CO (I think Bradman still owes me Bfast), I threw my hat in the ring. The rest is history. We've had several regional rallies, hosted the 2015 National in Cortez CO and multiple M&E's, Day rides and ride to eat's. We now have AAD's in all areas and they are working hard. And to really give credit where credit is due Dan Breeden played a major roll during this rise of the phoenix. My '11 C14 has over 50k miles and has been coast to coast 3 times now. Idaho for the BC I think 3x. I was the route master in ID Falls, Sticker dude for the Johnson City 25th, Rally Master for the Cortez Nat. I helped a small bit for Helen.

Alright Mark, Shut the heck up. We asked for a short Bio.

Oh Yeah, I always drop a couple hundred bucks for OTP each year. See the Auxiliary fuel tank thread 

Vote for me! I'll like ya on Facebook”

I believe the two candidates you can vote for are

Mark Hartman  and  Dan Breeden

both great guys that have offered this club a ton of time and effort.

It only takes a minute to email in your vote!

Keep the Votes Coming guys!!!
Dan or Mark are in for the trip of a lifetime :motonoises:

Vote for me for OTP! A leader of men, lover of women and a mighty fine dancer for a big man!  :beerchug: :)

Keep the votes and $$$ coming. I understand that I may be trailing in the polls, but we've seen how that doesn't work out!

As far as dancing goes, I've heard Mark is indeed a Chicken Dance Master. And it supposedly gets a lot better after 4-5 beers, and if the observer drinks 6, it's downright boootiful.  :beerchug:

Old Man on a Connie said:
Vote for me for OTP! A leader of men, lover of women and a mighty fine dancer for a big man!  :beerchug: :)

imagine that...a politician lieing!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

and for those that may doubt, here's the proof!  Both of them danced kinda like a squirrel chasing a nut on a bed of hot coals.

:nananana:

Attachments

• DSC_1658 SMALL.jpg
    DSC_1658 SMALL.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 127
Actually, I think Mark is saying - "hold on, I need to put out the cigarette I just dropped"

:))

Yankin' the chain, OMC - I know you stow your butts appropriately (unlike most of your similarly addicted brethren).

Sport Rider said:
Ranger Jim said:
:-\ He was dancing with another GUY!  :-X

Nah...it was The Pope!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Naw, it was That Guy! And see, I'm comfortable in my manhood. Good thing there's no record of Karaoke night.  :truce:

Can someone put the candidate bio's in this thread so I don't have to search 8 pages to find them please?

Bob, you know that if you'd been following the OtP threads all along you'd already have seen them?  :nananana:  ;)  The bottom of page 4 and top of page 5 of the OtP IS ON thread have the bios.  :D

Neither one is particularly inspiring. You got one guy from Sin City that goes "commando" under his 'stitch. The other guy is from the land of Granola; you know, what aren't fruits or nuts are flakes.  You should just write my name in.  :rotflmao:

smithr1 said:
Can someone put the candidate bio's in this thread so I don't have to search 8 pages to find them please?

Here's the Cliff Note bios:

Dan: former Concourier editor who dedicated untold hours putting out two years of the magazine (those were two years where there WE'RE publishing gaps), has been a member of COG for nearly a decade (note significantly lower COG #) and is generally considered to be an all around good guy.

Mark: the "other guy", folks seem to think he's nice enough, rides a C14 -- but seems to be more of a dirt bike guy --, obviously comfortable dancing with other men (and I'm not judging!)  :rotflmao:

There's obviously no bad choice here!  :beerchug:

SantaCruzRider said:
smithr1 said:

Here's the Cliff Note bios:

Dan: former Concourier editor who dedicated untold hours putting out two years of the magazine (those were two years where there WE'RE publishing gaps), has been a member of COG for nearly a decade (note significantly lower COG #) and is generally considered to be an all around good guy.

Mark: the "other guy", folks seem to think he's nice enough, rides a C14 -- but seems to be more of a dirt bike guy --, obviously comfortable dancing with other men (and I'm not judging!)  :rotflmao:

There's obviously no bad choice here!  :beerchug:
That pic was taken in Cortez! Now who the heck was the rally meister for that soiree?  :confuse: Like to keep my audience riveted. Hey, where's Ted? Hans have him tied down? Did the string get cut to his internet soup can? Jorge, have you got authorities heading to his last known location?

Last seen the authorities were running FROM his last location. They were afraid of what Southwester delicacy he might be cooking up :103:
No, those are NOT hamburgers, and those are NOT hot dogs :-X

NOTICE!!!  Ted and Hans have just departed Nashville, TN enroute to FL. Please alert the authorities in AL and FL.  :rotflmao:

Flowrihda! The grand plot is coming together now. I hope they are prepared for that 16 foot elevation change and 2, 45 degree turns.  ;) :beerchug:

The Floridians use those for sand traps. Look at the golf courses, those things are everywhere...

One more day to vote...

GET THOSE VOTES IN FOR YOUR FAVORITE CANDIDATE!!!

Guys, also please send in donations to help make this a VERY special trip!!

Being that I'm in Florida now, we had to have a review committee look over every pregnant chad, and carefully judge evry hanging chad, but it's done, all the appeals are completed - before then began :)

the moment we've been waiting for: 

[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]the OtP traveler for 2017 will be Mark Hartman!!

Congratulations Mr. Old Man! I promise you a great adventure awaits OTP!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Ok, I'm back.
  Hans and I have been getting regular reports on all of you!
      Jim, Hans sed he has the Flog-O-Matic warmed up for YOUR use...

Al long as I'm here; Congratulations Mark!!!!! (I wuz impressed)  :??:
  (Charlie, demand a recount!) I understand that the "vote counter" can be bought!!! <hint hint,, evil grin>

Ok the voting is done.
        Now we really need to work on the Donations!
                  Takes a lot of $$ to get a guy in a pink too-too on the plane!!!
                        Luckily, some of you are willing to contribute, just to get OMC out of the country..

Update;
As soon as the Airlines learned Mark will be traveling,, they increased their Ticket prices...
All the Eu Ladies are looking for a hiding place,
              and the Country Folks are hiding their "sheep"..
I also hear a rumor that some of the (select) Eu men are learning to dance. {in preparation for his arrival}

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Ok, I'm back.
  Hans and I have been getting regular reports on all of you!
      Jim, Hans sed he has the Flog-O-Matic warmed up for YOUR use...

As long as I'm here; Congratulations Mark!!!!! (I wuz impressed)  :??:
  (Dan, demand a recount!) I understand that the "vote counter" can be bought!!! <hint hint,, evil grin>

Ok the voting is done.
        Now we really need to work on the Donations!
                  Takes a lot of $$ to get a guy in a pink [size=24pt]tu-tu [/size]on the plane!!!
                        Luckily, some of you are willing to contribute, just to get OMC out of the country..

Update;
As soon as the Airlines learned Mark will be traveling,, they increased their Ticket prices...
All the Eu Ladies are looking for a hiding place,
              and the Country Folks are hiding their "sheep"..
I also hear a rumor that some of the (select) Eu men are learning to dance. {in preparation for his arrival}

Ride safe, Ted
Fixed it for Ya Teddums. I'm practicing my German. Teufel Hunden, Schnitzengruben, Bier, Humpen......................... ;)

Oops, I knew Charlie was spelled Dan... (Danged Spell check)  :-[

Ya only need,,, Eins Beir, Bitta??? and Toilette???

Ride safe, Ted

Kawasaurus said:
congrats, Mark!

Now you have to train your riding skills, you will need it :)) :)) :)) :))
Rut Row. Your not gonna stop in front of me are ya?  ;) :)) :)) :))

Old Man on a Connie said:
Kawasaurus said:
congrats, Mark!

Now you have to train your riding skills, you will need it :)) :)) :)) :))
Rut Row. Your not gonna stop in front of me are ya?  ;) :)) :)) :))

don't gimme a reason to stop, and i will not stop... (always check your lights ON, dont ask for Photo stops, dont ask for hungry, thursty, or tired, only ask for fuel) :) :) :)