• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2018 Member Book

roncours

Bicycle
Just received mine. Nice job as usual, but a question re the cover art: no C10s? Are those of us with "classic" tastes being phased out? :)

I doubt there is any plan to phase you guys out.  But for the first time I went to a rally with over 50 attending and did not see a single C10.  Times do change I guess.  I would trade my C14 for a C10 ergos today if it was fuel injected.

Good grief, NO!  Just happened to be the artwork. C10's will always have a place of honor in COG!

We've now come full circle.  When the C14's first came out the C14 owners where complaining about the new bike not being shown enough in the artwork.  :))

All meant in fun. I'm sure the oldies (bikes & members) are still welcome. Like smithr1, I once counted 14s vs. 10s at a rally.
I don't remember exact numbers, but 14s outnumbered 10s about 3:1 and that was a number of years ago.

I've never ridden a 14, but from specs and owners' testimony Kawasaki did an outstanding job on the update. Only wish they
had done the same with the Voyager XII.

I think the last RTE I attended had 5 C14s, 5 C10s, and about 5 assorted others." ...Stay for the people..."

Aww c'mon Harry.
  Tell the truth.

I've been telling everyone that the C-10's were not on the artwork bekuz of your CRS {Can't Remember err Stuff} ..  ;)

Glad I could help.  :nananana:
        Ride safe, Ted

Are all members supposed to receive one?  I don't think I've ever received one of these...…. :mad:

connie_rider said:
Aww c'mon Harry.
  Tell the truth.

I've been telling everyone that the C-10's were not on the artwork bekuz of your CRS {Can't Remember err Stuff} ..  ;)

Ride safe, Ted

Too bad you wan't one of them C10 riders that falled off the strip.
Oh wait...I remember...you is a very slow rider.  :( :))

giphy.gif

I haven't gotten my Handbook yet. Who should I contact? It's like having a security blanket when traveling.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

mr t said:
I haven't gotten my Handbook yet. Who should I contact? It's like having a security blanket when traveling.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

I don't think the have gone out yet?????  I haven't gotten mine either, then again I've never gotten one of these.  Fred has been great at getting me the Concourier so maybe when this one is available he can shoot one off to me. :beerchug:

Harry Martin said:
connie_rider said:
Aww c'mon Harry.
  Tell the truth.

Ride safe, Ted

Too bad you wan't one of them C10 riders that falled off the strip.
Oh wait...I remember...you is a very slow rider.  :( :))

giphy.gif

I wish you quite DAWGIN Ted, Harry........he's not even that fast!!!!! :)) :beerchug:

gr33nmAn

I need to stop pickin on Ted.

He knows where all the good "see-food" resturants is.  ;)

ChrisD said:
mr t said:

Tom Taylor COG#7173

I don't think the have gone out yet?????  I haven't gotten mine either, then again I've never gotten one of these.  Fred has been great at getting me the Concourier so maybe when this one is available he can shoot one off to me. :beerchug:
If Fred would bring a couple of them to the Nationals, I would bring them back with me. :great:

Same here.  I recently joined, so I don't expect miracles.  But it would be nice to have it.

Chris

Fred is the rally meister for the National Rally (next week) so he may be a bit slow getting back to you. If so, it's not because he's ignoring you.

Sorry, I have been out of pocket the last couple of days, my grand baby is in town and that takes precedence over everything.  :))

I do not handle the mailing of the Member's Handbook or do I have any extra copies.  That is handled by the COG Directory Officer Dan Skane.  You should be able to reach him at directory@cog-online.org

AmphibSailor said:
No problem, ChrisD.  Thanks to Dan Skane! for getting the copies out to me while I was in Texas. :beerchug:

Came in today, thank you sir. :great:

Got to figure a way to get our German physical address in there instead of the APO address.  Hmm, wonder how we could get that to work?