• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2018 National Rally Location

Welll...... :)) :)) :)) :))

I'm in for sure..... man.... looks like a good one..... :rotflmao: :great: :great: :beerchug: :beerchug:

And a traget rich hotel environment... woooooo hoooooooo.....
Room booked.... $42 a night.... :great: :great:  just a short stroll from central... about 1 cig, and a half beer ...well, if I drank...

:))

MAN OF BLUES said:
Welll...... :)) :)) :)) :))

I'm in for sure..... man.... looks like a good one..... :rotflmao: :great: :great: :beerchug: :beerchug:

And a traget rich hotel environment... woooooo hoooooooo.....
Room booked.... $42 a night.... :great: :great:  just a short stroll from central... about 1 cig, and a half beer ...well, if I drank...

:))

Rich, looking forward to meeting you!

Texas Hospitality at its best awaits you......

Craig

Man, that video makes your @$$ look fast!

The Connie Rocks!

Craig

I was hoping for Maine or something north. Only drove thru Texas  but what the H E double hockey sticks. I have a sister 2 hours from there. Will be a two for one  :great: :great: :great: :great:
CHEERS :beerchug:

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
I was hoping for Maine or something north. Only drove thru Texas  but what the H E double hockey sticks. I have a sister 2 hours from there. Will be a two for one  :great: :great: :great: :great:

Penguins!!!! Consecutive Stanley Cup Champs! Come on down......you are most welcome here in Texas, Great riding and fellowship!

You will have a great time here in the Texas Hill Country!

Ride free,

Craig

kv5e said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:

Penguins!!!! Consecutive Stanley Cup Champs! Come on down......you are most welcome here in Texas, Great riding and fellowship!

You will have a great time here in the Texas Hill Country!

Ride free,

Craig

Thank you Craig  A year will pass quickly  By the time it rolls around Pens will have back to back to back

Well, it's the worst time of year (again) for me to get the time off, but, I'll try for the
time this December.  Sooo it'll be 21 hrs of sweatin' my b*lls of to get there, another
five days of  sweatin' on the bike all day, then that 21 hour hot ride home...

Why can't we have the Texas National Rally in April???  :??:  Iffin' I get the time off,
I'm thinkin' I'm hotel'n it... as much as I love campin'...  :32:

:beerchug:      :beerchug:      :beerchug:
At least we know they do everything BIG in Texas, so it's gotta be a hoot!

Mcfly said:
Well, it's the worst time of year (again) for me to get the time off, but, I'll try for the
time this December.  Sooo it'll be 21 hrs of sweatin' my b*lls of to get there, another
five days of  sweatin' on the bike all day, then that 21 hour hot ride home...

Why can't we have the Texas National Rally in April???  :??:  Iffin' I get the time off,
I'm thinkin' I'm hotel'n it... as much as I love campin'...  :32:

:beerchug:      :beerchug:      :beerchug:
At least we know they do everything BIG in Texas, so it's gotta be a hoot!

October - April and I'm there too  :beerchug:

I'm  for April or even march  I lived in Texas for 5 years and I hated the summers there to dang hot to do anything in the daytime and the nights are not much better 110 degrees and 95%humidity Why can't we have it in a cooler state say like Colorado  :)   

Its kinda funny hearing "southern folks" whining, when most of them never look at a weather map above the norther border of their state, in March, and April...
:rotflmao:
Jeebus  the "northern" contingent, this year, had snow and ice storms fully into April, and the PNW, and upper states..... well them poor suckas had it into May...
:truce: :truce:
Its all good.. glad to see the venue, and with, deal with the heat....  oh, and reserve a space to camp at next years Brrrrrrrr ride... and we can all laugh at the whiney comments....  :)).

Craig, great spot man... look forward to it.

I don't whine - I fly or ride away every summer  :great:

I'm THAT addicted to RIDING  :motonoises:

Moved from Houston at 18 and Austin at 19. Camp there every April with my sisters for spring break. The tea aisle at the grocery store has lots of choices - different cups'o ☕

:beerchug:

The bats are the bomb - everyone should have a cherry limeade on the grassy hill and check that out

MAN OF BLUES said:
Its kinda funny hearing "southern folks" whining, when most of them never look at a weather map above the norther border of their state, in March, and April...
:rotflmao:
Jeebus  the "northern" contingent, this year, had snow and ice storms fully into April, and the PNW, and upper states..... well them poor suckas had it into May...
:truce: :truce:
Its all good.. glad to see the venue, and with, deal with the heat....  oh, and reserve a space to camp at next years Brrrrrrrr ride... and we can all laugh at the whiney comments....  :)).

Craig, great spot man... look forward to it.

I lived in NY for 44 years MOB.  Ski'd for 15 of them, driving through blizzards to get to Vermont and New Hampshire to
catch some 'powder'.  Carried mail on a walking route for 7 years, and 2 or 3 blizzards.  BTDT.  I lived for cold.
Problem is, I couldn't afford stuff like....eating... in NY.  Moved south, kept my pay, pay the price in the summer.
BUT!  I can afford to live comfortably down here.  (A/C ftw!)

Up North, you can always put on another layer if your cold... but down 'heeya' there's only so much
you can take off before yer hauled to the 'hoos-cow'.  Hot sucks.  Humid sucks.  Hot AND humid... well
it's easy to figger out.  I'll never get used to the heat, so I'll b*tch about it...  makes me feel cool and fuzzy.  ;D

Having said all that, I've only gone NORTH for every COG event I've attended, save "Run with the Bullfrogs".

Not that I need to explain myself, but, y'all should know the whole story...    :beerchug:

Every year I ride coast to coast at least once.

This year, I'm late getting to it, but I'm going in the end of July. Shrieking hot it will be, for sure. I'll deal with it, drink a gallon of water a day, and at least Monterey and Colville WA will be cooler than the states I cross to get there.

But, I'm not sure I want to cook slowly for a week in Texas, especially if the humidity is high. Thats why I leave winter camp in Florida and head north and northwest in the spring, to get out of Florida humidity and heat. But it would be worth going for sure.

Lived in the north for a very long time. Saw snows that drifted into 6 and even 8 foot high berms. Covered small cars. My F-150 actually got semi-buried a few times. Left that crap and never going back, except for events in the summer. 

The real ticket to riding in the summer in Texas (or in the NE right now for all that's worth) is to get up in the morning and ride at first light when it's still upper 60's.  And then be back or where you can have lunch not too far from the venue by early afternoon, and then sit around the pool drinking margarita's the rest of the day.  It works for me.  :nananana: 
But I have to ride about four hours north to get there.

:singing: :singing: :singing: :singing: :singing: :singing: :singing:

We used to backpack in New Mexico in the mountains in July. The rule was "Up  high by 10, down low by 2."  We'd get up @ 5, hit the trail at 5:30, up the mountain(s) down to the next camp by 1:30.

Pitch a tent and take a siesta during the 3-4:30 thunderstorm.

........as if the Missouri rally weather in 2017 wasn't uncomfortable enough.  Now in 2018 we get the worst time of year to be in the San Antonio area.  I'll be headed north to Colorado, or Utah.  Can't help but wonder....who picks the dates for these Nationals?  Is weather ever a consideration?

Yes picking dates is really hard.  Everyone wants it to be summer if they have kids because of school.  Everyone wants perfect weather.  Everyone wants the lowest rates. 

We are almost stuck with summer because of school.  Rates are always the lowest in winter for most areas so the rally gets set the last week before rates go up most often.  So now between two factors you are stuck with early June.  Now the weather... Speaking for someone that lives here.  Yes it will be hot.  We survive and even learn to love it.  We just move from AC to AC like you move from heater to heater in the winter.  That time of year it could be lovely or hot.  If hot we just ride early in the day, rest in the afternoons and party at night.  I know you guys are not use to the heat but the snow in Co almost killed a couple coggers one year.  Is it better to be sweating as you sit by the road broke down or freezing to death and dead before help arrives.  We natives tend to pick feeling warn over dead cold.  Life is what you make it and if you want to tour the world this is a really nice part to visit.  I love riding out there.  Maybe more than the north east because of all the people and cars and towns in that area.

I had a good time in MO and am looking forward to Texas. Gonna be a good time!

Rev Ryder said:
The real ticket to riding in the summer in Texas (or in the NE right now for all that's worth) is to get up in the morning and ride at first light when it's still upper 60's.  And then be back or where you can have lunch not too far from the venue by early afternoon, and then sit around the pool drinking margarita's the rest of the day.  It works for me.  :nananana: 
But I have to ride about four hours north to get there.

:singing: :singing: :singing: :singing: :singing: :singing: :singing:

I'll take sangria instead but everything else works for me. 

Reservation made!

Heat?  We can do heat at SWCOG...  ;D

(and yes, I'm a Northeastern former skiing transplant)

Attachments

• Death Valley 131 small.jpg
    Death Valley 131 small.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 119
Gumby said:
connie_rider said:
How about NW?
It's been awhile since we did one there... (I think)

Oregon/Washington??

Ride safe, Ted

Thanks Ted, throw the job of putting on the Nat's to the new AD. :truce:

Better than Canada I suppose they won't let me in. :(

Buck up buttercup I like the idea. :))  :nananana:

Probably no way I will be making it to Texas been missing the NHRDA Nationals held at the Texas Motorplex one more wish to the list...