• Do you want to post in the COG forum? Join the club (free limited trial membership available) or upgrade/renew your membership to enjoy full posting privileges.
    For simple instructions, click here
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2019 Marine Corps Birthday and Veterans day M&G

OMoaC

Member
Member
Well for 2 years now we have been throwing these. We've done Prescott AZ and Lone Pine CA and had a great time. This year I would like to propose Boreggo Springs CA. If there is interest I will get jiggy with it. What say you SWCOG?
 

CaffeineMan

In the shadow of the Valley of Death
Member
Went through there just a couple weeks ago.  It was fun.  Where do the non-RV people stay?
 

OMoaC

Member
Member
So me thinks I've found a place to negotiate with weekend of Nov 9 to 11. Fri, Sat, Sun night head home Monday 11th. Borrego Springs CA. 95 to 110 a night double occupancy but I'll see if I can get some dollars knocked off. Maybe get Archer to drag out his smoker and cook some bu%%'s for dins. Easy 3 days of vigorous riding to be done here. Palomar, Julian, Palm Springs, Mountain Center. All joined by Banner Grade back into Borrego. You could spend all day doing Montezuma/Banner grade just going up and down. Sculpture's across the desert landscape for you artist lovers (come see the dragon worm that goes under the road). Wear a piece of your old uniform for extra credit. What say you SW?
 

OMoaC

Member
Member
TJSocal said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
Wear a piece of your old uniform for extra credit.

What, you can't wear your entire old uniform?  ;-)

Any updates on this?
Boots still fit  ;). Got beat up up pretty good this weekend. Gonna get jiggy with it but it will happen!
 

Atlockjw

Big Wheel
Forum Subscriber
Guest
Is having served a requirement? I just picked up a 91 Concours 2 days ago I live close enough to ride out on Sunday. Maybe this will help... I can't go Sat because I do volunteer work on the SS Lane Victory in San Pedro. Let me know please, thx. ( And thanks to all who served.)
 

OMoaC

Member
Member
Atlockjw said:
Is having served a requirement? I just picked up a 91 Concours 2 days ago I live close enough to ride out on Sunday. Maybe this will help... I can't go Sat because I do volunteer work on the SS Lane Victory in San Pedro. Let me know please, thx. ( And thanks to all who served.)
Not at all  :beerchug: Just a good excuse to go for a ride and knock one back in Honor of. Hope to C U there.
 

OMoaC

Member
Member
OK folks here it is. 3rd annual Marine Corps Birthday and Veterans day Meet and Greet. Rides and routes are under construction. Here is lodging https://stanlunds.com/  Attached are the rates a room availability. Get them quick as they only have 22 rooms. Most will sleep 2 to 3. Info on the town of Borrego Springs here https://www.visitcalifornia.com/attraction/borrego-springs  This little town is surrounded by butler silver and gold roads, Pie in Historic Julian and the awesome sculptures in the middle of the desert. Not to mention Montezuma Grade! A member has very generously offered to drag his smoker out and prepare some smoked pork butt for us. I shall bring some of my world famous slaw. If you have a side you would like to throw in let me know. We will work on getting this on the calendar soon. Come join us for what it is really about. Not the forum, Not Face Book, The people and events that you will claim as life long Friends  :beerchug: :motonoises: ;)
 

Attachments

  • Copy of Rate List for 20191108-09.xls
    16.5 KB · Views: 28

The Doctor

Bicycle
I'm down for at least a bit of this. Girlfriend is in Costa Mesa, so I might peel off to go spend some time with her (LDR...). Do we know what days we're doing what?
 

OMoaC

Member
Member
Ride eat drink sleep repeat. I'll be riding out prolly on Friday if you wanna hook up. BS'ing on Fri night, ride all day Sat with dinner at Chez Archer and home on Sun for me.I know others are planning to come in earlier/Stay later.
 

OMoaC

Member
Member
Spoke with Hotel. If making res online make sure to put in notes or comments COG. Otherwise rooms may appear blocked. Best to call. 8 rooms booked so far. Small place. Get them quickly. 1 week free cancellation.
 

troymba

Moped
Old Man on a Connie said:
Ride eat drink sleep repeat. I'll be riding out prolly on Friday if you wanna hook up. BS'ing on Fri night, ride all day Sat with dinner at Chez Archer and home on Sun for me.I know others are planning to come in earlier/Stay later.


Which day/evening am I to have your pork sammich ready, Sir?
 

OMoaC

Member
Member
CaffeineMan said:
I’m in.  Reservations made.  Going down Friday.
Me three. Lets hook up. down to desert center, Box canyon to Mecca, through salton sea to anza borego.
 

CaffeineMan

In the shadow of the Valley of Death
Member
Old Man on a Connie said:
CaffeineMan said:
I’m in.  Reservations made.  Going down Friday.
Me three. Lets hook up. down to desert center, Box canyon to Mecca, through salton sea to anza borego.

This is my proposed route to Mecca:

https://goo.gl/maps/y2vMKTX3jCFncbMw5

Gas up in Baker and Twentynine Palms.  Not sure about the Mecca to Stanlunds part.

What say you?
 

troymba

Moped
Old Man on a Connie said:
This is what I'm looking at.

https://goo.gl/maps/rckncSE2CPY2Kxn48

From Mecca go south about 25 miles to Marina/Salton Sea Way and go another 25 roughly all the way to the traffic circle in Borrego and take the outlet that’s at 9 o’clock when first looking at the circle- about 1 mile out Stanlunds is on the left.
 
5

56taskforce

Guest
Guest
You guys have a great time and Semper Fi. I sure would love to join you but crossing the Siskiyou's on a bike in November would be a ba, ba, bad idea fo sure...
 

OMoaC

Member
Member
CaffeineMan said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
CaffeineMan said:
We should meet for lunch in Twentynine Palms.
In

Know of any good places?  Working off Yelp there’s a burger place called Andreas and a place called the Mojave Moon.
Yucca Valley a bit down the road probably have more options. Where did you end up with your panier?
 

troymba

Moped
Does anyone have a time/date set for when the Pork Butt Sammiches will need to be ready for? I’m also bringing two big coolers with ice and beverages .... Coke, Coors Light, Samuel Adams and maybe a couple others if no suggestions cause me to do otherwise so speak up!
 

OMoaC

Member
Member
Cali Cruiser said:
Does anyone have a time/date set for when the Pork Butt Sammiches will need to be ready for? I’m also bringing two big coolers with ice and beverages .... Coke, Coors Light, Samuel Adams and maybe a couple others if no suggestions cause me to do otherwise so speak up!
Call it between 5 and 6p? Depends on how long it takes me to hobble there. Calculations are still being done for the stagger back. Google maps does not have a stagger app.  ;)
 

troymba

Moped
I’ll have my truck there. I gather there will be a person there who doesn’t partake and we could likely shuttle. Some may have to continue to partake as the shuttle makes runs 😂
 

CaffeineMan

In the shadow of the Valley of Death
Member
Old Man on a Connie said:
Cali Cruiser said:
Does anyone have a time/date set for when the Pork Butt Sammiches will need to be ready for? I’m also bringing two big coolers with ice and beverages .... Coke, Coors Light, Samuel Adams and maybe a couple others if no suggestions cause me to do otherwise so speak up!
Call it between 5 and 6p? Depends on how long it takes me to hobble there. Calculations are still being done for the stagger back. Google maps does not have a stagger app.  ;)

Are talking about Friday or Saturday?  Or Sunday?
 

troymba

Moped
CaffeineMan said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
Cali Cruiser said:
Does anyone have a time/date set for when the Pork Butt Sammiches will need to be ready for? I’m also bringing two big coolers with ice and beverages .... Coke, Coors Light, Samuel Adams and maybe a couple others if no suggestions cause me to do otherwise so speak up!
Call it between 5 and 6p? Depends on how long it takes me to hobble there. Calculations are still being done for the stagger back. Google maps does not have a stagger app.  ;)


I was feeling pretty good about him just answering half the question. The attention span shortens as time goes on.  😜
Are talking about Friday or Saturday?  Or Sunday?
 

troymba

Moped
You know the rules Rusty- gotta call dibs but yeah,  your skills have it to where I’d be glad to have your assistance. I’m thinkin it’s going to be pretty pretty good! People are bringing some great sides and the riding is going to be what we already know it is. Those who haven’t been are going to be loving it!
 

OMoaC

Member
Member
Cali Cruiser said:
CaffeineMan said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
Cali Cruiser said:
Does anyone have a time/date set for when the Pork Butt Sammiches will need to be ready for? I’m also bringing two big coolers with ice and beverages .... Coke, Coors Light, Samuel Adams and maybe a couple others if no suggestions cause me to do otherwise so speak up!
Call it between 5 and 6p? Depends on how long it takes me to hobble there. Calculations are still being done for the stagger back. Google maps does not have a stagger app.  ;)
I was feeling pretty good about him just answering half the question. The attention span shortens as time goes on.  😜
Are talking about Friday or Saturday?  Or Sunday?
I suspect for the gathering of group it will be Sat night. Let Friday and Sunday fly willy nilly. You can call those out.  Group pic in front of the smoker on Sat? Looks like the Counterweight may also be attending to break up the sausage fest. Seems the group of fine young women that gathered in Springerville are in a conspiracy amongst themselves.  :beerchug:
 

OMoaC

Member
Member
Well, the counterweight has committed. You scalawags shall be respectful. She has also committed to staying Fri night through Sunday night departing Monday. Hope to C many other SO's shall be arriving. Working on routes now. This is gonna be a hoot! Devils hwy M&G, Sierra Sampler M&G, Borrego Springs M&G  The SW is Rockin".
 
I’ve already booked my room,  ( Saturday and Sunday ) and my wife is staying home.
Let the shenanigans begin.
The navy is in the house
 
Top