• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2019 National Rally Location

Ranger Jim

Sport Tourer
No. I don't know FOR SURE where it will be held. None the less, it's not too soon to start the speculation and wild rumors.  Let's recap:

2009 - Hosted by SECOG in NC
2010 - Hosted by NCCOG in WI
2011 - Hosted by NECOG in VT
2012 - Hosted by SCCOG in AR
2013 - Hosted by NWCOG in ID
2014 - Hosted by NECOG/SECOG in TN (this was the 25th Anniversary of COG)
2015 - Hosted by SWCOG in the Four Corners
2016 - Hosted by SECOG in GA
2017 - Hosted by NCCOG in MO
2018 - Hosted by SCCOG in TX

For those that haven't been keeping score:
Since 2009, SECOG has hosted/co-hosted 2.5 :great:  (2009, 2016 and half of 2014)
                  NECOG has hosted/co-hosted 1.5  :eek: (2011, and half of 2014)
                  NCCOG has hosted                2  :motonoises:  (2010, 2017)
                  SCCOG has  hosted                2  :motonoises:  (2012, 2018)
                  NWCOG has hosted                1  ::)  (2013)
                  SWCOG has hosted                1 ::)  (2015)

We can likely eliminate SECOG, NCCOG, and SCCOG from consideration due to the fact that they've all hosted a national within the past 3 years. That leaves NECOG, NWCOG, SWCOG.

Of those 3, NECOG or NWCOG would seem to be the most likely contenders as neither has hosted a rally in the past 4 years.

NWCOG has a new(ish) AD while the NEAD has been in position since the invention of asphalt.  NECOG also has one of the larger memberships so there's more bodies to assist.

I'm saying it will be in WV (or it was COL Mustard in the Library with a candlestick). :rotflmao:

WV certainly would not disappoint in any respect in regards to riding, scenery, cager friendliness towards motorcyclists, or places to stay. My group of buddies goes down every fall for a 4-day trip. It’s our favorite trip of the year.

Ranger Jim said:
No. I don't know FOR SURE where it will be held. None the less, it's not too soon to start the speculation and wild rumors.  Let's recap:

2009 - Hosted by SECOG in NC
2010 - Hosted by NCCOG in WI
2011 - Hosted by NECOG in VT
2012 - Hosted by SCCOG in AR
2013 - Hosted by NWCOG in ID
2014 - Hosted by NECOG/SECOG in TN (this was the 25th Anniversary of COG)
2015 - Hosted by SWCOG in the Four Corners
2016 - Hosted by SECOG in GA
2017 - Hosted by NCCOG in MO
2018 - Hosted by SCCOG in TX

For those that haven't been keeping score:
Since 2009, SECOG has hosted/co-hosted 2.5 :great:  (2009, 2016 and half of 2014)
                  NECOG has hosted/co-hosted 1.5  :eek: (2011, and half of 2014)
                  NCCOG has hosted                2  :motonoises:  (2010, 2017)
                  SCCOG has  hosted                2  :motonoises:  (2012, 2018)
                  NWCOG has hosted                1  ::)  (2013)
                  SWCOG has hosted                1 ::)  (2015)

We can likely eliminate SECOG, NCCOG, and SCCOG from consideration due to the fact that they've all hosted a national within the past 3 years. That leaves NECOG, NWCOG, SWCOG.

Of those 3, NECOG or NWCOG would seem to be the most likely contenders as neither has hosted a rally in the past 4 years.

NWCOG has a new(ish) AD while the NEAD has been in position since the invention of asphalt.  NECOG also has one of the larger memberships so there's more bodies to assist.

I'm saying it will be in WV (or it was COL Mustard in the Library with a candlestick). :rotflmao:

Let's make sure that the facts are correct if we're speculating.......  :nananana: :rotflmao: :D (there may be others, but 25 Anniversary was Johnston City,TN not NC)

WV was my very first COG rally, meeting lots of y'all and so many are still my good friends and riding buddies...it was OVER THE TOP seeing all the custom bikes at that WV ralley in Canaan! COGnistiscator still burns in my memory shredding those mountain roads with a baby-duck-trail of C-10's in his wake.
I remember how cool the locals were, and how laid-back law enforcement was, too.  :(

But I also remember rallies all over the place and the part that makes this important is that the WONDERFUL PEOPLE, the COOL BIKES and the RIDER CAMERADERIE was still there at every single COG event I've ever attended!

Ranger Jim said:
WOW!  Not much interest in next year's location, I guess.  :??:

You've already done all the thinking Jim. You narrowed it down to NE or NW, I agree it will be one of the two judging by your calculations.

I'm good with either.  :) Have bike will travel.  :motonoises:

Cliff  :beerchug:

Years ago, they did a National in/near Oregon and I missed it.  :mad:
As far as I know that has been the only COG rally held in that area...
      My preference would be to go NW...

Ride safe, Ted

Sport Rider said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
So nobody wants to go to HI for a rally? OK. I'll put that on the shelf for later.  :)

let's load the bikes on a ship and go!

Not Hawaii, but a great ride!!
Several of us are going to Europe/Alp's in July.
I think there are a couple of openings.
We could call it a mini-National...

hint hint!!!!

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Sport Rider said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
So nobody wants to go to HI for a rally? OK. I'll put that on the shelf for later.  :)

let's load the bikes on a ship and go!

Not Hawaii, but a great ride!!
Several of us are going to Europe/Alp's in July.
I think there are a couple of openings.
We could call it a mini-National...

hint hint!!!!

Ride safe, Ted

can't.  Alaska is calling.  In fact, I need to give you guys a call to learn a bit more about itinerary options.  :)

MotoCommuter said:
NE in Pennsylvania.
As someone who lives in Pennsylvania, while it would be very convenient if it were here, I would rather go down to West Virginia. We have some fair roads here in PA but the traffic is usually a pain in the butt and our pavement isn’t always the greatest(there’s jokes about our potholes). Down in West Virginia you hardly ever run across a road that the pavement isn’t in excellent condition, and it’s not unusual to ride 20-30 minutes without ever seeing a car. And when you do come up on a car they generally slow down and pull towards the shoulder to let you pass. Some people in PA pull to the shoulder as you pass as well, but it’s usually towards the shoulder on the side you are trying to pass on.  :-\ 

Williamsport, Pennsylvania......just showed the video at the banquet!

The North East held their Spring Fling Rally 3years ago in Williamsport. Everyone is going love the town, the local craft pubs, and the best most interesting riding you can imagine. Two great lunch rides that immediately come to mind are Slate Run and Forksville.  Don’t miss the classic muscle car museum in Eagles Mere. The hotel there is yet another great lunch spot. More info will be coming since it’s a popular spot with lots of COG experiences to share and an absolutely great choice for a National Rally. I like the July date.  :beerchug:

Figures since I don't live in Hagerstown MD anymore (haven't since Aug 2014) it will be 30 minutes from where I used to live.  :rotflmao:

Gypsy JR said:
Those on the planning team must know by now where the campground is?

I'm not sure the North East does 'camping'.....  They're good folks, so I'm sure they'll
work something out for us soft walled Ritz Carlton types!

Mcfly said:
Gypsy JR said:

I'm not sure the North East does 'camping'.....  They're good folks, so I'm sure they'll

Guy's we're more than a year out.................
There will be a campground.
Stay calm and camp more.
jason

gsjay said:
Mcfly said:
Gypsy JR said:

Guy's we're more than a year out.................
There will be a campground.
Stay calm and camp more.
jason

That's the plan!  :)

Jason/gsjay, I hear your gonna be the Rally Master?
Yahooo!!!! 

We've "already" decided to be there...
    {Yea, I know. There goes the neighborhood).

Ride safe, Ted

With that info from Steve, I acted..  :stupid:

I just made my reservations at the "Genetti" for the National..
    Is it possible, I'm the first non rally team member to make them?
                              :)

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Did the rest of ya'll notice Jason's  {#32} COG number?

I'm excited about next year's rally.  Jorge and I are figuring out if we'll be able to make it and go to Africa to visit our granddaughter.

Irene

funsize said:
I'm excited about next year's rally.  Jorge and I are figuring out if we'll be able to make it and go to Africa to visit our granddaughter.

Irene
I don't think Africa is a day ride from Pennsylvania...  even if you go really, really fast.  ;)

I don't think Africa San Francisco,,, is a day ride from Pennsylvania...  even if you go really, really fast.
  ;)

Challenge accepted.

There Brent,,,  I fixed it for ya.
"So", will we see you next year???  :pDT_Armataz_01_37:

Ride safe, Ted

a little thing called "work" gets in the way. The only long distance ride I'm taking this year involves visiting family, not a bunch of you ol' farts. :) Oregon is on the books for late August.