• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2024 Mid Ohio MotoAmerica Rally HQ and updated lodging recommendations

ONOBob

I spent Friday touring the area and visiting several hotels.

Rally Central
BestWestern - Richland Inn / Mansfield
180 East Hanley Road Mansfield OH
Phone 419-756-6670
Assistant General Manager Paul Kovinchick - agreed to hold a block of 5 double rooms at standard rate of $149.00 night
Located 6 miles / 10 minutes from the track at the intersection of I71 and Ohio route 13
Cracker Barrel, Chipotle, Applebees, Steak and Shake, McDonalds and a Super Walmart are located within a few hundred yards
The hotel has a lobby / breakfast area with tables and chairs and an outdoor patio for socializing gathering

IF you prefer a to get in a bit of riding before and after the races, I highly recommend staying east of the track in the Mohican State Park area
Ohio route 97 towards Bellvile, Butler and Loudonville

Mohican State Lodge 22 miles 35 minutes from track
$199.00 per night
Beautiful facility with restaurant and bar on site.
Very nice riding the area

KOA campground Butlerville Ohio 20 miles 30 minutes from track

Loudonville Ohio 26 miles 35 minutes from track
A unique little resort town with lots of family activities
Camp ground / go cart track / canoeing water park ( some of friends always stay here)

I do not recommend
- The aforementioned Clear Fork Marina Campground
- The 2 cheaper hotels at the I71 / Ohio Route 97 interchange.
I have 5 rooms reserved at one of them ($129 per night) that I will be canceling.
If you are interested PM me and we will coordinate to try get you one of the rooms
- The other 2 hotels at this location are too $$$ for this event

Great info Bob! Thanks. If I'm free that weekend, I just might blast down to ride some roads and hang at the hotel for awhile.

BTW, if you are in Loudonville for anything, be advised there are no public restrooms available anywhere in that town except maybe the Mcdonald's down the road. Please do not ask how I know this.......