• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

24 Heures of Du Mans

relgne

Well team Audi spent more than anyone else a got the 1,2,3 spots on the podium.But it wasn't a cake walk.their top cars were damaged by driver errors some say were caused by the large fender wells blocking the drivers vision in the turns.Corvette racing,an american team could only get a 5th place finish this time in the LmGTE Pro class,beaten out by the Ferrari 458's.But a corvette ZR1 owned by a French team won the LmGTE amateur class.                                                                                                                          I found out through the Le Mans web site that on the weekend of september 9th they have a 24 hour race with motorcycles.I've never heard of bikes racing for 24 hours! I'm hoping speed tv would broadcast some of it.Will see in september.

WOW that would be fantastic if they did. I caught part of the 24 hrs, but since it was broadcast live I had other things to do.

Thanks for the quick recap; I missed it entirely due to other obligations.  I wonder if Audi will do like VW or KTM did with the Dakar this year, and just pull out (factory teams) now that they've won it all hands down?  A disturbing trend for sure.  :-[