• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

25th Annual Bun Cooler in 2016

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
OK folks, there won't be anybody saying this one was too long making it to the calendar.

Come one, come all.  Bring a friend and help us beat 2015's attendance record with 62 people.

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=221145&mo=5&tDate={d%20%272016-05-31%27}

We usually have the Bun Cooler the weekend after Memorial Day. Next year it would be June 4, which is a little late. I was able to get May 20 - 23. The resort will change your reservation to the correct date if you made them at this Bun Cooler for next year. They will send you an email notice if you gave them your email address.

I also worked with the resort to take care of some of the problems we had this year with the restaurant. We shouldn't have the wait problem next year.

I hope to see you all there next year.

Unfortunately I will most likely NOT be able to be there as this conflicts with another event I am obligated to attend. 

Sorry Guys -- but Registration is NOT OPEN YET! Charlie got a little too excited to share!!

This silly registration system doesn't allow for modifications once registration opens and we don't want to make you register 2 Times!!  We will get the information up as soon as we have made the plans for 2016 -- we would like ideas of what YOU would like to see at this Rally to help us with the planning....  We just need to get through the National Rally first.

Go ahead and start posting your ideas now....

Just get the dates on your calendar!

Thanks for your patience --

Old Man on a Connie said:
Might be able to make this one. When does reg open?  :) :beerchug:

Don't know, yet.  That will be the thing folks complain about taking too long to get done.  ;D

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:

Don't know, yet.  That will be the thing folks complain about taking too long to get done.  ;D

Hopefully shortly after the National Rally -- Jim, Bruce, Glena and I will all be in one place so we can discuss a few things.  I am hoping to open registration within the month.

Here is the correct link to the registration information.  >:D  Mark those calendars! :beerchug:  This is something to celebrate!  :great:

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=221182&mo=5&tDate=%7Bd%20%272016-05-01%27%7D

Wow, that date might actually work for me.  Historically it always falls on my anniversary weekend and my dear wife doesn't find this the best way to spend it.  Sweet!

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Jim_Sherman_ID said:
I'm spending my anniversary at the Nationals. I do have an understanding wife.

How much did that kitchen pass cost?
Now I owe Glenna a anniversary dance in Cortez. My dance cards getting full.  :) :beerchug:

If I can keep this body in one piece over the next year then the COG/HOGwill be able to attend. This also gives me ayear to finish sorting out the RGS's suspension... Kinda funny and kinda not so funny when I start dragging floorboards!  :-\
I already have Ohlins on the back... Gave me an inch plus of travel (12" to 13" total length) so the rear is good.Now gotta get the forks up to snuff. 99 miles could probably grind a lot of floorboard!

If we make hotel reservations now, before firm plans have been established, are we going to be able to take advantage of any special rates? Or, are we better off waiting until the official information is posted?

My room is reserved and I already have someone to occupy the other half of the room. I don't know of any discounts....maybe already included since they knew why I was reserving.  ;)

Just for reference:

From the Lewis & Clark Resort:  "The nightly charge in May for a room with one king bed is $74.89 plus tax a night. The cabin rates are $104.89-$114.89 a night plus tax. (Depending on which cabin you reserve.) We happily give a 10% discount on the nightly rate to COG group members."

I'm calling today.

I haven't talked to the resort yet about rates because they always want to wait until after the first of the year. I'm sure if the rates they give me are lower they will make a correction.

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
I'm spending my anniversary at the Nationals. I do have an understanding wife.

Maybe an Ex wife!    :-\ :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Naw She's the best part of you for sure!  :great: